What's new

[Beta] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.14 Beta is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It was special test build for rtax88u, Eric mentioned that GPL which has WPA3 support is buggy and will not be supported in 384.14.

Maybe in next version we might see support for it.
The "-new" in the version indicated it was a special test build with the new SDK. The new SDK is too buggy so it will not be merged in 384.14.
Hawk + RMerlin,
Ah, I missed that, Thanks for reply ... Understand

Make sure that on the administration page that you have set access to the webui to "both" http and https, (regardless of if you intend to use both or not). Close your browser and log back in. Check the status of your renewal on the DDNS page. May have to restart the router to get it to work.

WTF!?!?! Now it works. :) Thanks for that clarification.

On the AX88U with Beta 3, at the bottom of the WAN>Internet Connection page, the tool tip for: "Extend the TTL value" does not work. The question mark displays when hovering, but no tip when clicked.

WTF!?!?! Now it works. :) Thanks for that clarification.

ASUS Web UI SSL Certificate "status" functionality must have changed to use the fullchain.pem with the requirement to enable the HTTPS access to Web UI; versus the old behavior that had a split cert.pem & chain.pem certificates, with ability to keep the HTTPS Web UI disabled.

SSH into the /jffs/.le/my.domain directory still doesn't show a cert.pem or chain.pem.

Myself and others in the community use the same ipsec.conf script for IKEv2 certificate:

pc_append " cacert=/jffs/.le/$(nvram get ddns_hostname_x)/chain.pem" $CONFIG
pc_append " leftcert=/jffs/.le/$(nvram get ddns_hostname_x)/cert.pem" $CONFIG

I think our options are to create our own cert, or write a script that splits the fullchain.pem into the cert.pem & chain.pem

ASUS Web UI SSL Certificate "status" functionality must have changed to use the fullchain.pem with the requirement to enable the HTTPS access to Web UI; versus the old behavior that had a split cert.pem & chain.pem certificates, with ability to keep the HTTPS Web UI disabled.

SSH into the /jffs/.le/my.domain directory still doesn't show a cert.pem or chain.pem.

Myself and others in the community use the same ipsec.conf script for IKEv2 certificate:

pc_append " cacert=/jffs/.le/$(nvram get ddns_hostname_x)/chain.pem" $CONFIG
pc_append " leftcert=/jffs/.le/$(nvram get ddns_hostname_x)/cert.pem" $CONFIG

I think our options are to create our own cert, or write a script that splits the fullchain.pem into the cert.pem & chain.pem

Look for mydomain.asuscomm.com.cer and mydomain.asuscomm.com.key there. Both paths can also be found in your system log when you receive your certificate from the LE server.

Look for mydomain.asuscomm.com.cer and mydomain.asuscomm.com.key there. Both paths can also be found in your system log when you receive your certificate from the LE server.

I modified the ipsec.postconf script to:

pc_append " cacert=/jffs/.le/$(nvram get ddns_hostname_x)/ca.crt" $CONFIG
pc_append " leftcert=/jffs/.le/$(nvram get ddns_hostname_x)/my.domain.cer " $CONFIG

All works well so far. I'm going to hunt down the thread with Odkrys' script using chain.pem and cert.pem values, to hopefully help others modify theirs as well.

I want to thank you for your time, and send you another donation. I can't thank you enough for your work. I'm a novice and your project has been a great learning experience.

Last edited:
Is it possible to pressure Asus to fix the incessant kernel: dcd crashes and WLCEVENTD log entries?
If so - I'm a willing "agent" to bombard them with support requests to clean up their act. ;)
I know some bugs may be coming from their "partners" - Trend Micro or Broadcom - but Asus should have the clout to get them to fix?

With Merlin-Ware added in their routers are awesome - but spoilt by their apparently sloppy response to closed source bug fixing.:rolleyes:!

Is it possible to pressure Asus to fix the incessant kernel: dcd crashes and WLCEVENTD log entries?
If so - I'm a willing "agent" to bombard them with support requests to clean up their act. ;)
I know some bugs may be coming from their "partners" - Trend Micro or Broadcom - but Asus should have the clout to get them to fix?

With Merlin-Ware added in their routers are awesome - but spoilt by their apparently sloppy response to closed source bug fixing.:rolleyes:!
You are using Scribe, just filter them out and you will never see them. WLCEVNTD entries are code debug entries, not bugs per se.

You are using Scribe, just filter them out and you will never see them. WLCEVNTD entries are code debug entries, not bugs per se.
There are filters for both in /opt/share/syslog-ng/examples/ - just copy them to /opt/etc/syslog-ng.d/ and restart syslog-ng from scribe. Also copy the logrotate files for them from/opt/share/logrotate/examples/ to /opt/etc/logrotate.d/

There are filters for both in /opt/share/syslog-ng/examples/ - just copy them to /opt/etc/syslog-ng.d/ and restart syslog-ng from scribe. Also copy the logrotate files for them from/opt/share/logrotate/examples/ to /opt/etc/logrotate.d/

Thanks to you both for prompt responses.
I do indeed make full use of Scribe in the manner suggested [really pity those who don't ;)] - and indeed also make use of @Jack Yaz 's really useful feature under uiScribe where I disable presentation of the Crash Log and WLCEVENTD logs in the Webgui.

However - "workarounds" are not fixes - and both bugs should be fixed by Asus [for e.g. WLCEVENTD logging should not be stuck in debug mode].
So ... my question remains - how to pressure Asus?

I do indeed make full use of Scribe in the manner suggested [really pity those who don't ;)] - and indeed also make use of @Jack Yaz 's really useful feature under uiScribe where I disable presentation of the Crash Log and WLCEVENTD logs in the Webgui.

However - "workarounds" are not fixes - and both bugs should be fixed by Asus [for e.g. WLCEVENTD logging should not be stuck in debug mode].
"Squeaky wheel gets the grease." - my great grandfather

I'm trying beta3 for my RT-AC86U and using FreshJR sripts (for Adaptive QOS) I could never reach an A rating for bufferbloat running dls reports speedtest no matter what I tried..with the new beta, I'm able to get A ratings on every single test I run...was there an update done to A. QoS?

I'm trying beta3 for my RT-AC86U and using FreshJR sripts (for Adaptive QOS) I could never reach an A rating for bufferbloat running dls reports speedtest no matter what I tried..with the new beta, I'm able to get A ratings on every single test I run...was there an update done to A. QoS?

On 384.12 Traditional QoS, sqf, 90% up/down speeds = "A" rating every single time. And no need to use TrendMicro services. Just like the old Tomato QoS on the router. The limitation is hardware acceleration disabled, so good for about 400Mbps ISP with RT-AC86U. I have 300Mbps ISP and I don't use any QoS. No ill effects noticed so far, everything runs good.

I don't understand why you expect that to change, Adaptive QoS keeps hardware acceleration enabled. FreshJR just tweaks Adaptive QoS, it's not doing anything on it's own.

Well I think some are expecting "Runner" to be disabled. I know on my AX88U, with Adaptive QoS enabled, Runner shows as disabled, and it shows the reasoning as "QoS". Maybe there's some recent changes being done. But I understand why some are curious about this.

To me, it makes me wonder, is QoS actually working properly on all models? Merlin you have any ideal why Runner is showing as enabled on certain router models, with Adaptive QoS enabled?

Given how long they've been there, and the fact that they don't affect router performance at all, and the fact that the dcd crash only affects the AC86U? I'd say the chances of it ever being fixed are somewhere between slim and none, and poor old slim has one foot in the casket and the other on a banana peel.

Well I think some are expecting "Runner" to be disabled. I know on my AX88U, with Adaptive QoS enabled, Runner shows as disabled, and it shows the reasoning as "QoS". Maybe there's some recent changes being done. But I understand why some are curious about this.

To me, it makes me wonder, is QoS actually working properly on all models? Merlin you have any ideal why Runner is showing as enabled on certain router models, with Adaptive QoS enabled?

Well ultimately I can likely answer this myself. It seems Broadcom made a recent change, and ASUS included it in their newer GPL code, at least for some models. I know Merlin isn't using the latest code for the AX88U, as there's a lot of complaints, with it being very buggy.

However I was curious about this myself, and tried to see if "Runner" showed as enabled on my AX88U, with adaptive QoS enabled. However runner is disabled for the AX88U for now, with adaptive QoS enabled.

On 384.12 Traditional QoS, sqf, 90% up/down speeds = "A" rating every single time. And no need to use TrendMicro services. Just like the old Tomato QoS on the router. The limitation is hardware acceleration disabled, so good for about 400Mbps ISP with RT-AC86U. I have 300Mbps ISP and I don't use any QoS. No ill effects noticed so far, everything runs good.
Val D, do you mean you used to use traditional QOS w/384.12 and now you're not currently using QOS. I never used traditional qos but would like to try it. I'll msg you directly but would you be able to share screenshots on your setup when you were using traditional qos. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!