What's new

[Beta] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.14 Beta is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
does this new static option for specifying LAN DNS server per static dhcp device support specifying both lan IPV4 and lan IPV6 Addresses? if not, would it be possible to add such a feature?

That page is specific to DHCP, and therefore only IPv4. Nothing on this page is relevant to IPv6.
I'm having an issue with HTTPS management on the RT-AC86U. I'm using Safari on an iMac running Catalina. When I first load up the router page, it gives me the standard prompt for self-signed certificates and I go through the process of accepting the cert and loading it into my keychain.

Make sure you have the setting set to use a Persistent certificate on the WAN -> DDNS page, otherwise it will generate a new one with every restart.

Make sure you have the setting set to use a Persistent certificate on the WAN -> DDNS page, otherwise it will generate a new one with every restart.

Thanks man. I never would have found that since I don't use DDNS.

Here is a workaround, and RMerlin explains why in the next post.
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/b...ta-is-now-available.60037/page-20#post-528825
Odd seems very specific, I tested 23 and 24, must have to be out of the 20s range that's for that Idea I'll have to check it now.

I noticed Merlin's post makes me sad actually lots of extra stress for him.

Also so I'm understanding it correctly, from your post I'll just change port 22 to 88 in SSH then the apply button should work, then I can change it back, because as Merlin said it's an issue with SSH validation?

Seems like the QOS classification page graph is failing to keep stats for most connections. Everything else so far seems to be working as expected

Either Adaptive QoS is broken in the new SDK, or it now bypasses/disables traffic accounting in tc, because all the classes except for the root one are now reporting packet rates of zero...

I'll poke at the QoS engineer at Asus to see if it's something that can be worked around, or if I'll have to phase out that feature for future bwdpi implementations.

Last edited:
he means that in the system then administration tab the apply button at the bottom of the page doesn't work for some reason.

@Hawk @Treadler
have you guys checked for the Apply button under Administration - System Tab, doesn't work issue to see if your affected also?

Button is unusable here for me.

Either Adaptive QoS is broken in the new SDK, or it now bypasses/disables traffic accounting in tc, because all the classes except for the root one are now reporting packet rates of zero...

I'll poke at the QoS engineer at Asus to see if it's something that can be worked around, or if I'll have to phase out that feature for future bwdpi implementations.

Seems like Adaptive QOS as a whole is broken, bandwidth limiting isn't working either by the looks of it.

Hello everybody here.
Today I've switched from my trusted Asus ac66u rev B1 to an AC86u, which it gives me headaches already.
To keep it short ,from the minute 1 after unpacking I've flashed the router with beta 2 ,and manually set it up ,but I can't access my dyndns adress from internal ip's of my network.
It's the same problem reported here https://www.snbforums.com/threads/nat-loopback-missing-rt-ac86u.48525/
With ac66u b1 never had any problems ,nat loopback is working as it should.
Does anyone know if the stable version of 384.13 is working as it should?
I've a lot of configuration to do manually ,and I do not want to switch to 384.13 if the nat loopback it's not working anyway.
Sorry for my English,it's not my native language.
Best Regards!

Anyone experience difficulty getting cloudflare tls to work with last two betas or is it just me ?

I managed to get it to work a little bit of time (by missing up with the dns settings) but it falls back to https in an hour or so on its own.

why cant Asus just Dump Adaptive Qos and replace it with Smart Queue Management Qos so that it works with every thing includeing fiber

Seems like Adaptive QOS as a whole is broken, bandwidth limiting isn't working either by the looks of it.
Bandwidth limiting working on my AX88U.
56928281.png

Last edited:
he means that in the system then administration tab the apply button at the bottom of the page doesn't work for some reason.

@Hawk @Treadler
have you guys checked for the Apply button under Administration - System Tab, doesn't work issue to see if your affected also?

Apply button under administration still not working for me. I also tried with factory reset and minimum configuration.

Newb question:

Where does one verify NAT acceleration (CTF) is turned off? I've mounted a USB drive, set it as the save location for saving traffic history, and set "Enabled" on the Statistic tab of Traffic Analyzer. I just need to verify that CTF is off.

Newb question:

Where does one verify NAT acceleration (CTF) is turned off? I've mounted a USB drive, set it as the save location for saving traffic history, and set "Enabled" on the Statistic tab of Traffic Analyzer. I just need to verify that CTF is off.

Tools -> Sysinfo -> Network

That page is specific to DHCP, and therefore only IPv4. Nothing on this page is relevant to IPv6.

The reason why I ask is because after upgrading, ipv6 has become dead. The router shows all the proper ipv6 addressing for assignment by dhcpc6 and ipv6 has the right addressing on the routing pages and dnsmasq has the right ipv6 entries but no ipv6 connectivity after upgrading.

*cancel*
it came back overnight after the router ran for a while.

Last edited:
Next HW Acceleration it says "Runner: Enabled - Flow Cache: Enabled".

Do I need to disable it? If so, where do I do that?

This is concerning. If it is broken, what's the likely-hood of it being fixed? A lot of people on slower networks depend upon this.

Next HW Acceleration it says "Runner: Enabled - Flow Cache: Enabled".

Do I need to disable it? If so, where do I do that?

You don't need to disable them, the router will do it automatically when and if it's necessary ( for certain things to work )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!