What's new

[Beta] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.15 Beta and 384.13_3 are now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
384.15 beta 1 running well on my plain jane AC 5300 , smooth upgrade as usual

Ditto on AC86U as mesh server and AC68U as mesh node. Dirty upgrade from Alpha, with AMTM, Diversion and Skynet running.

Thank you Merlin and all.

Make sure you disable beamforming, as this relies on antenna diversity to do its job.

Unfortunately this doesn't improve it. The issue is simply that only a single antenna now transmits the 2.4Ghz radio.

As a test, I'd appreciate if somebody else with a RT-AX88U running this version of the firmware can remove the rear left antenna (the left hand antenna closest to the switch ports) from their router and let me know if after doing so the 2.4Ghz signal is weak. This would perhaps determine if this is just my router at fault or a change Asus have made with the latest drivers which cripples the 2.4Ghz band.

did a dirty flash fr9m alpha1

only with amtm it says not found but when executing this
it runs but when exit and reload with amtm you get a jffs/scripts/amtm not found

Last edited:
did a dirty flash fr9m alpha1

only with amtm it says not found but when executing this
it runs but when exit and reload with amtm you get a jffs/scripts/amtm not found
Log out and back in from your ssh terminal. I cannot make the current session to forget the old alias.

Log out and back in from your ssh terminal. I cannot make the current session to forget the old alias.
I just fixed it with the profile.add alias removed and then unalias amtm in ssh. It works now.

upgraded from alpha2 to beta1. no issues.
amtm is showing a lot of entware packages updates. should i update them?
thanks
hugo

upgraded from alpha2 to beta1. no issues.
amtm is showing a lot of entware packages updates. should i update them?
thanks
hugo
Yes, I was told in the amtm thread. No issues to report with all the new packages. Just make sure you have the new pixelserv -tls certificates from 2.3.0 or newer active.

Why not you make amtm echo the message to the user that "your session needs to be restarted for the migaration to take effect and amtm will exit the SSH session now" and then make amtm kill the session itself by issuing "exit" or "kill -9 $PPID" command?

P.S I've just realised that exit command won't work since it'll simply exit from the amtm script back to the shell. So we can use either the "kill -9 $PPID" method or use "source" bulitin to make amtm executes in current shell context.

Last edited:
Does anyone know what this entry in my log means, and if there's a fix needed?

Feb 1 20:07:39 pixelserv-tls[911]: generate_cert: failed to open file for write: /opt/var/cache/pixelserv/_.go-mpulse.net

Anton

Does anyone know what this entry in my log means, and if there's a fix needed?

Feb 1 20:07:39 pixelserv-tls[911]: generate_cert: failed to open file for write: /opt/var/cache/pixelserv/_.go-mpulse.net

Anton
Did you just update all the Entware packages with the big release today? You need to go into Diversion, ep, and purge certs, then restart pixelserv-tls new version. That causes failure with old certs.

Did you just update all the Entware packages with the big release today? You need to go into Diversion, ep, and purge certs, then restart pixelserv-tls new version. That causes failure with old certs.
Thank you!

Anton

I just fixed this by removing the /jffs/addons/amtm and rerunning amtm.
All is well now.
For those seeing errors in amtm after upgrading 384.15 firmware from alpha to beta, please run uu in amtm to get the updated amtm files.
amtm has a built in reset function r which resets the built-in version, while in the standard amtm it removes amtm.
AC86U upgraded from 384.15_alpha2. I tried uu and r in amtm, logged out and I was still getting errors.
Fixed by removing /jffs/addons/amtm with WinSCP.

Last edited:
Upgraded to Beta1, and all is working perfectly. Used this gem of a guide for the process: Rebootin Router with USB

Thanks RMerlin & L&LD!

Anton
@AntonK Thanks for that link. I had not come across it.

@L&LD If it's not already there maybe it's a good idea to add this guide to your profile? Since I'm a beginner with using scripts and USB drives I was wondering how exactly I'd go about updating firmware. Especially now that amtm will be built-in to the firmware I imagine more people will be using it and installing scripts. Plus I'm sure I won't be alone in wanting my OCD satisfied :p

384.15 beta 1 running well on my plain jane AC 5300 , smooth upgrade as usual
I am having trouble updating from alpha 2 to beta 1 on my rt ac 5300, I have unmounted drive and turned off jffs and still will not flash from alpha 2 to beta 1

@kernol I don't think amtm + scripts + Entware can be run off of an AiMesh node? Did this work before in Alpha 2?

Worked a treat in Alpha2 with amtm FW version - but clearly few scripts except scMerlin would be useful.

I had never thought of deploying amtm to an Aimesh node before - but given that it was now part of the 384.15 firmware - decided to give it a whirl - and it worked fine in Alpah2 - but broke in Beta1.

re-downloaded and finally got it to install

Since I'm a beginner with using scripts and USB drives I was wondering how exactly I'd go about updating firmware.
I'm not at the level of L&LD, however, I have seen some posts that can minimize the difficulties some have, and some I feel are reckless, they work, but I cringe. Here is my method, some taken from L&LD and others. plus the times I had issues and had to troubleshoot and solve.
  • In Administration > System - change "Enable JFFS custom scripts and configs" to No and apply.
  • Open SSH session that just closed and issue cli command "halt" - wait for router to shut down.
  • Remove USB drive from router and power on
  • Log into router, update firmware. Verify successful update, check Admin, syslog, WAN, LAN
  • (continued) settings, etc. I repeat this step and upload the firmware twice in a row, some session.
  • In Administration > System - change "Enable JFFS custom scripts and configs" to Yes and apply.
  • Open SSH session again, issue cli command "halt" - wait for router to shut down.
  • Insert USB stick into router and power on.
  • Leave router alone for 15 minutes (don't cheat - set a phone timer)
  • Log into router, verify settings applied, check Admin, syslog, WAN, LAN settings, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!