What's new

[Beta] Asuswrt-Merlin 384.9 Beta is now available

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not sure what your prior version was, but along the way there was added on the VPN page an option to allow clients to access LAN, Internet, or both. Do you have that set to both?
Before the beta i was on the latest stable version available: 384.7_2.

Anyway, yes i saw the option and it was already in the previous versions. I access to my LAN and to Internet. But i can't reach anymore my modem. Example:
My Asus is on 10.0.1.1
My modem is on 10.0.0.1
From VPN since this last version, i can't reach my modem anymore.

384.9 Beta 1 is running rock-solid in every respect on my RT-AC88U.

Thanks RMerlin!

I’m on a RT-AC3100 and Asuswrt-Merlin. Have been for a long time. Came from a RT-AC87U (ugh). Started Alpha and Beta use last year.

Did a dirty update to 384.9 B1 from 384.9 A3 last Sunday. This morning woke up to a cold house, that’s weird. “Smart” thermostat was still set at sleep temp. Thermostat app says it's offline. Wife said no internet but TV works as I got my 1st cup of coffee. Router not responding. Logged into switch and it’s fine but no traffic. SSH a no-go too. Then router logon page pops up. Logs showed cable modem renewed lease at 10pm last night, router (as always) reports modem does not play nice with IP renewal, then pages of associate/disassociate events. All 2.4Ghz wireless clients are offline. So, reboot. After about five minutes a few wireless clients are connected. So full reset and manually configure everything. Better but not good. Two of five 2.4Ghz clients will not associate and pull IPs. Went nuclear and went back to 384.8_2. After another reset and manual config I have all wired and wireless clients alive and happy. And I have a functional network map. Haven’t seen any AiP IPS hits logged yet but I did get one TrendMicro warning pop-up so far.

So, any ideas of what occurred? I’ve never seen such a mess.

Hi there,
I have an Asus RT-AC87U.
I've just installed the 384.9 beta 1.
With the previous version i was able from my clients connected to Asus's OpenVPN server to reach my ISP modem (connected trough WAN port).
Now since the update from my clients I'm able to reach only the Asus network.
The advanced OpenVPN's settings seems to be ok and I also read the client's logs.
Since the only change has been the update to the beta version, could it be related to the issue?
Does the firmware version introduces some OpenVPN changes about it?
Thanks
If you use policy rules (strict) you can't access your modem, do you use that setting? With the non strict setting it is working fine for me.

But i can't reach anymore my modem. Example:
My Asus is on 10.0.1.1
My modem is on 10.0.0.1
From VPN since this last version, i can't reach my modem anymore.
Try setting a rule in the VPN configuration to route traffic to your modem via WAN.

I’m on a RT-AC3100 and Asuswrt-Merlin. Have been for a long time. Came from a RT-AC87U (ugh). Started Alpha and Beta use last year.

Did a dirty update to 384.9 B1 from 384.9 A3 last Sunday. This morning woke up to a cold house, that’s weird. “Smart” thermostat was still set at sleep temp. Thermostat app says it's offline. Wife said no internet but TV works as I got my 1st cup of coffee. Router not responding. Logged into switch and it’s fine but no traffic. SSH a no-go too. Then router logon page pops up. Logs showed cable modem renewed lease at 10pm last night, router (as always) reports modem does not play nice with IP renewal, then pages of associate/disassociate events. All 2.4Ghz wireless clients are offline. So, reboot. After about five minutes a few wireless clients are connected. So full reset and manually configure everything. Better but not good. Two of five 2.4Ghz clients will not associate and pull IPs. Went nuclear and went back to 384.8_2. After another reset and manual config I have all wired and wireless clients alive and happy. And I have a functional network map. Haven’t seen any AiP IPS hits logged yet but I did get one TrendMicro warning pop-up so far.

So, any ideas of what occurred? I’ve never seen such a mess.
Turn off Network Monitoring. Located at Administration/System in 384.9 beta 1. I run the Stubby DoT ad on and the router has said no connection while having a good WAN IP.
Have had issues trying DNS check and Ping Network Monitoring.

Sent from my SM-T380 using Tapatalk

@bbunge ...
My AX88U with 384.9 Beta 1 is also on the road with stubby and network monitoring enabled. I don't have any problems with it at the moment.

:)

ac 3200 with beta 384.9 I know you say you have no input on this but wireless transfer speeds have gone up 2 to 3 mbps on 5 ghz channels and one client that used to disconnect 4 times a day has remained connected all day, see no other problems just trend eating RAM , everything else working

Turn off Network Monitoring. Located at Administration/System in 384.9 beta 1. I run the Stubby DoT ad on and the router has said no connection while having a good WAN IP.

Same, even the network icon turns red if i put anything in it (google or other) except the default dns and IP addresses.
Also works if turned off of course...

Thanks for the info but I have decided to skip 384.9/GPL 384_4514 due all the functional failures. I know they are all on ASUS.

Running great so far on rt-87R. iPhones, iPads, fireTV sticks and laptops all running stable on both WiFi bands no drops. Thank you RMerlin

I am new at this, but it looks like IPv6 bypasses the OpenVPN client when it is just used for specific devices, rather than all traffic. I am running native IPv6, DHCP-PD. I have only just started using a VPN provider that supports IPv6, so do not know if this was a problem on previous firmware versions.

I am running the beta on RT-AC87U using AirVPN with IPv6 support. If I route all traffic/devices through the VPN (DNS exclusive) then I get no leakage and no IPv6 (which is what I would expect as I understand that IPv6 tunnelling is not compiled into the current OpenVPN client). However if I just route specific devices through the VPN (policy rules strict) then IPv6 is fully available on the those devices along with DNS leaking. If I disable IPv6 on the devices, all leakage stops.

6 days up time with ~20 clients and some wifi devices with 144hr connection time on mt AX88U. Working great.

I've had rock solid stability since loading 384.9 Alpha through Beta on my AC86U Router <--> AC68P (DD-WRT MB) <--> AC3200 (AP). The AC68U and AC3200 are on the current Beta and the only "issue" is that the AC3200 shows the red X and disconnected for AP mode on the main page; since everything is working, I think it's just a bug in ASUS code and I've safely ignored it.

On the 384.6 through 384.8 builds, I was having to restart the AC86U once every night to prevent devices from having connectivity issues; the MB and AP never needed to be restarted. With 384.9, I have had ~6 days without a restart with no issues and only restarted to load the beta version coming from Alpha.

Great job on this build all around. I'm tempted to see if the MB can be moved to 384.9 with stability now, which was very unstable (DHCP issues) on prior versions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!