What's new

Can a Wireless TP-Link Router receive wireless internet and distribute it?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

georgegalily

New Around Here
Can a Wireless TP-Link Router receive a wireless internet and distribute it (wireless) upon several Laptops?
Hi everyone,
I can receive an internet from my neighborhood wireless router via laptop with username and password input to my browser (Firefox/GC/IE) and only for one Laptop at same time (online).
I have a wireless TP-Link router can I Input the username and pass to it, so that I can distribute wireless internet for my phone.
If Possible How??

Additional Infos:
I used Connectify Hotspot in my laptop as hotspot and can surf internet on my laptop and transmit internet wirelessly to my phone or other laptop.
But I want the router to do that.

Thanx

Which router are you looking at? The TP-Link 841n/nd does support WISP, so it can do what you are looking for. I believe several of their other routers also support WISP. Look on TP-Link's website at your router's manual and look through the configuration options to see if it is possible and how to do it. Or just log in to your router's admin page and poke around to see if you find the option. It is generally labeled as WISP or Wireless Internet or possibly Wireless Internet Service Provider.

WiFi-as-WAN.
is the term used by many routers for this. It's not the same as WDS-repeater.

The Cradlepoint routers have this, e.g., the MBR95.
And many others.