What's new

Can AX 2x2 Replace Wired Connection to AX1100?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Hexenhammer

Regular Contributor
Hey,
So basically Im wondering, whats my potential speed from Intel PCIe 2x2 AX card that goes into all new high end motherboards, same room to AX1100 ASUS [say I dedicated full 5Ghz 160mhz band just for my PC]?
Whats my potential speed? Is it much above 1 gigabyt?

Basically im on 1G down, 100MB up fiber, in near future they will offer faster speeds.
2Giga down, and this AX11000 router has single 2.5 WAN/LAN port, it means to get all the speed benefits on my PC ill have to use Wireless connection, is this a possibility these days?

I seen some benchmarks and some reason no one gets advertised speed, maximum 1400 on 5Ghz band.

For single (very, very) large files, it may prove significantly faster.

For many, smaller files, Ethernet will be faster, still. :)

In general, don't plan on anything above 1 Gbps, isn't that enough? :)

Although the router has a single 2.5 Gbps port, the internal connection to the radios is likely limited to 1 Gbps.

Also keep in mind that with 160 MHz, you are using 8 contiguous channels, some of which will be DFS channels, which may not be available in your country if you are outside the U.S.

Unless you can access 12 different 5 GHz channels, 4 contiguous for one radio, 8 for the other, airtime contention will limit your throughput.

In general, don't plan on anything above 1 Gbps, isn't that enough? :)

Although the router has a single 2.5 Gbps port, the internal connection to the radios is likely limited to 1 Gbps.

Also keep in mind that with 160 MHz, you are using 8 contiguous channels, some of which will be DFS channels, which may not be available in your country if you are outside the U.S.

Unless you can access 12 different 5 GHz channels, 4 contiguous for one radio, 8 for the other, airtime contention will limit your throughput.

Im getting the US router from amazon, and my Motherboard ASUS Zenith II has intel card AX 2x2

So the 2.5G port is basically useless, it has no value? If you get 2G Fiber and use this port then the outgoing traffic will be 1G either way
The only use for it is USB speeds [based on benchmarks]

Would you recommend waiting for ASUS RT-AX89X stock?

So the 2.5G port is basically useless, it has no value?
I'm not saying that. It could be that the Ethernet connections are designed to handle the bandwidth. The only way to know could be to run benchmarks.

You need something besides the AX200 card on the other end of the connection that can handle > 1 Gbps throughput.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!