What's new

AX86U - I cannot modify the HTTPS port number, the field is not editable

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Logi

This is the first time this happens to me, the field (highlighted) cannot be edited.

I have the AX88U and works fine, I can edit the field with any port number I want.

I just re-installed again the latest AX86U Firmware 3.0.0.4.388_23285-g5068da5, but the same, cannot change the value.

Is this a known bug with Asus, do I have a workaround? Thanks

1697910730778.png

This is the first time this happens to me, the field (highlighted) cannot be edited.

I have the AX88U and works fine, I can edit the field with any port number I want.

I just re-installed again the latest AX86U Firmware 3.0.0.4.388_23285-g5068da5, but the same, cannot change the value.

View attachment 53757

When HTTP is set here on my AX86U Pro, it looks like this:
1697916456800.png

The HTTPS port field only displays when HTTPS is set.

OE

View attachment 53757

Change the HTTP drop-down first. You can't change the https port until you enable https.

When HTTP is set here on my AX86U Pro, it looks like this:
View attachment 53760

The HTTPS port field only displays when HTTPS is set.

OE
I know, took the wrong print screen, here is with HTTPS, same thing, I cannot change the value for the port, selecting it with the mouse or pressing the tab key, it will jump to the FAQ section:

1697916993905.png

1697917003287.png

Attachments

• 1697916904360.png
    1697916904360.png
    59.3 KB · Views: 13
Browser issue? Firmware Reset issue?

OE

OE
This is very weird, I have tried with Safari and Firefox on macOS, and Firefox and Chrome on Debian (Linux), same thing, I cannot change it, now even on the AX88U doesn't allow me to change it either, I can change the port for SSH without any problem.

OE
Even with Edge on Windows I cannot change it, now an important piece of information the AX86U is in AP mode, and I just changed the AX88U also to AP mode, I am afraid it could be a bug when working in AP, because the AX88U while it was in Router mode was fine, the AX86U has always been in AP mode, I will try to revert it and see

Confirmed, going back to Router mode allowed me to change the port number, now back in AP mode, doesn't allow it anymore, I don't know if this is by design or a bug.

Is it too much trouble to try changing the nvram variable and restarting the server, via the command line?

Even with Edge on Windows I cannot change it, now an important piece of information the AX86U is in AP mode, and I just changed the AX88U also to AP mode, I am afraid it could be a bug when working in AP, because the AX88U while it was in Router mode was fine, the AX86U has always been in AP mode, I will try to revert it and see

I'm not familiar with this in AP mode... given an AP is on your internal LAN, I wonder why one would need to change the default port?

OE

Please could you share the commands to do it via SSH, thanks

insider threat 🙂

Should be able to find it with nvram get | grep 8443

This is what it shows on mine but I'm in router mode

xxxxxx@Router:/tmp/home/root# nvram show | grep 8443
misc_httpsport_x=8443
https_lanport=8443
lb_skip_port=<HTTPS>443>TCP<HTTPS>8443>TCP<QUIC>443>UDP<QUIC>80>UDP

However maybe in AP mode it simply doesn't support anything other than default.

Maybe change it to your custom port in router mode and see what variables are changed. Then switch to AP mode and see if it sticks, and if not copy them over (probably want to put them in a script to ensure they never revert).

Could be a fun exercise to get it where you want anyway, but a quick port scan will readily reveal your non-default value, also anyway, right?

None of my devices are the same as yours and are all running Merlin. But in a quick check, the two AX APs (same model) and AX router (different model) all function exactly the same on that page.

Whoops. That was unclear. They all function the same as each other (functionally, AP/router mode notwithstanding), which is evidently different from what OP is experiencing.

I'd like to help further, but flashing an in-use router to stock FW exceeds my interest level. Apologies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!