What's new

Cannot enable 5G

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Tyzing

New Around Here
I have a problem with my 5G that I cannot find ANYONE else having.

As you can see my 5G is not "on" according to the logo yet my radio is on. On top of that if you look at LED's the 5G is on but my 2.4G is not. Yet the 2.4G is the only wifi connection visible (yes I have 5G devices :) )

Is my unit borked already? It was working perfectly last night but came home from work and all of this was going on. I thought maybe it had to do with the power saver but I reflashed 5 different firmwares and resets but still this every time. I've only had the unit for 1 day!!!

EDIT: Also something very strange is the fact that my MAC address for my 5G is blank. I have one for my 2.4 but nothing for 5. I think my radio went bad...

skitch.png

skitch.png

skitch.png

Try doing a factory default reset using the following method:

1) Turn the router off
2) Press the WPS button, and keep it pressed
3) Turn the router on
4) Wait 10 secs, then release the WPS button
5) Give it 1-2 mins to boot, then reconfigure it. Do NOT reload saved settings, or you will simply reload the potentially corrupted settings

Try doing a factory default reset using the following method:

1) Turn the router off
2) Press the WPS button, and keep it pressed
3) Turn the router on
4) Wait 10 secs, then release the WPS button
5) Give it 1-2 mins to boot, then reconfigure it. Do NOT reload saved settings, or you will simply reload the potentially corrupted settings

Thank you for the response. Sadly it's still only showing 2.4.

This is very odd, like before its the 5G light that's lit on the unit but same as the screenshots before its not "on."

Are there any other methods I should try before I return it?

Thank you for the response. Sadly it's still only showing 2.4.

This is very odd, like before its the 5G light that's lit on the unit but same as the screenshots before its not "on."

Are there any other methods I should try before I return it?

If a factory default reset still gives you no 5 GHz (I can't see those screenshots BTW), then I would have the router replaced.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!