What's new

connmon connmon - Internet connection monitoring

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not able to run startup scrip, it's not mounting asp file. What is going on?

Code:
mbok@RT-N18U-9F08:/www# bash -x connmon startup 2>&1 | grep mount
+ umount /www/AiMesh_Node_FirmwareUpgrade.asp
+ umount /www/AdaptiveQoS_ROG.asp
+ mount -o bind /jffs/scripts/connmon.d/connmonstats_www.asp /www/AiMesh_Node_FirmwareUpgrade.asp
mount: mounting /jffs/scripts/connmon.d/connmonstats_www.asp on /www/AiMesh_Node_FirmwareUpgrade.asp failed: No such file or directory
+ umount /www/require/modules/menuTree.js
+ mount -o bind /jffs/scripts/shared-jy/custom_menuTree.js /www/require/modules/menuTree.js
+ umount /www/start_apply.htm
+ mount -o bind /jffs/scripts/shared-jy/custom_start_apply.htm /www/start_apply.htm

I am not able to run startup scrip, it's not mounting asp file. What is going on?

Code:
mbok@RT-N18U-9F08:/www# bash -x connmon startup 2>&1 | grep mount
+ umount /www/AiMesh_Node_FirmwareUpgrade.asp
+ umount /www/AdaptiveQoS_ROG.asp
+ mount -o bind /jffs/scripts/connmon.d/connmonstats_www.asp /www/AiMesh_Node_FirmwareUpgrade.asp
mount: mounting /jffs/scripts/connmon.d/connmonstats_www.asp on /www/AiMesh_Node_FirmwareUpgrade.asp failed: No such file or directory
+ umount /www/require/modules/menuTree.js
+ mount -o bind /jffs/scripts/shared-jy/custom_menuTree.js /www/require/modules/menuTree.js
+ umount /www/start_apply.htm
+ mount -o bind /jffs/scripts/shared-jy/custom_start_apply.htm /www/start_apply.htm
An rt-n18u. Is that even supported by merlin?

No it's not :) Yet, it still should be working - other amtm scrips are working just fine.
/www/AiMesh_Node_FirmwareUpgrade.asp is only on specific routers?

Any tip so I can repair this myself? mounting this one file is not working.
EDIT: OK I've figured it out. You are using less common asp files, and replacing them by mount. If there is no such file, it can not be mount (my case).

Last edited:
Any tip so I can repair this myself? mounting this one file is not working.
EDIT: OK I've figured it out. You are using less common asp files, and replacing them by mount. If there is no such file, it can not be mount (my case).
You're running on an unsupported model *shrug*

im just curious about the performance impact of the scrip im should safely assume its not going to cause my any latency spikes during online games?

Also I can confirm it works on the RT-AX88U, but the run ping test doesn't work for some reason I had an error flag up about the rog page.

Last edited:
Not sure what is happening - but connmon is no longer showing me the correct page.
z8X9QFA.png

I tried a uf to see if that would resolve the issue - but still showing the wrong page.

Anyone else seeing this? Any thoughts as to how to remedy?

Not sure what is happening - but connmon is no longer showing me the correct page.
z8X9QFA.png

I tried a uf to see if that would resolve the issue - but still showing the wrong page.

Try a complete uninstall (Z option) and reinstall.

z8X9QFA.png

Reinstall Entware I had the same issue, that's what fixed it for me, but I still get the rog page error.

z8X9QFA.png

this is the new layout. it pings administration feedback. every 5 minutes..... no not really try reinstalling using UF and then running a ping.

you shouldn't need to uninstall and reinstall you could just simply run

Code:
/usr/sbin/curl --retry 3 "https://raw.githubusercontent.com/jackyaz/connmon/master/connmon.sh" -o "/jffs/scripts/connmon" && chmod 0755 /jffs/scripts/connmon && /jffs/scripts/connmon install

from the command line

v2.0.0 is now available!
Changelog:
Code:
Migrate from rrdtool to ChartJS
Nice!! Thanks for the update!! I like how it's interactive now so you can zoom in etc. Now can you do the same for spdMerlin? It would be awesome!! .

Also I have a question. By default. The speedtest runs every 12 minutes past the hour and 42 minutes past the hour. Any way I can change that?

Thanks!!!

Edit: oops sorry I asked the question for spdMerlin here. :O

Hi everyone,

I have a question, I installed connmon on my AC68U and I love the graphs: https://i.imgur.com/m3jfYTn.png

However, according to netdata installed on my router, connmon absolutely destroys my CPU every 5 minutes: https://i.imgur.com/qMuUYEV.png

Is there any way to reduce the massive CPU load on my router? Is this load "normal"? Could there be any issues caused by this massively increased CPU load on my router, such as increased latency, reduced download/upload speeds, etc or is this perfectly fine and normal? I would appreciate any and all information and opinions about this.

Thanks

Hi everyone,

I have a question, I installed connmon on my AC68U and I love the graphs: https://i.imgur.com/m3jfYTn.png

However, according to netdata installed on my router, connmon absolutely destroys my CPU every 5 minutes: https://i.imgur.com/qMuUYEV.png

Is there any way to reduce the massive CPU load on my router? Is this load "normal"? Could there be any issues caused by this massively increased CPU load on my router, such as increased latency, reduced download/upload speeds, etc or is this perfectly fine and normal? I would appreciate any and all information and opinions about this.

Thanks
it's not hitting 100% usage, so i wouldn't use the word "destroy" please

it's not hitting 100% usage, so i wouldn't use the word "destroy" please
Sorry, my mistake with the terminology - but, it's still hitting 93% so it's not like it's far off of 100%. That seems kind of excessive for me every 5 minutes. I see you're the author of this software, and I'm new to this software. Do you think you might be able to answer any of my questions about it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!