What's new

connmon connmon - Internet connection monitoring

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Status
Not open for further replies.
would it make sense to have connmon track results over vpn clients, similar to spdmerlin?
thx

hi,
I'm not sure what happend but connmon stopped working by end of may. I can start it manually but automatically it's not working anymore :(
Any idea or hint to solve that issue?
thx

hi,
I'm not sure what happend but connmon stopped working by end of may. I can start it manually but automatically it's not working anymore :(
Any idea or hint to solve that issue?
thx
Can you check the output of
Code:
cru l

please? Note that's a lowercase L , not a 1

yes of course

output:

*/2 * * * * /etc/openvpn/server1/vpns-watchdog1.sh #CheckVPNServer1#
12 0-23 * * * /jffs/scripts/spdmerlin generate #spdMerlin#
*/5 * * * * /jffs/scripts/connmon generate #connmon#
00 2 * * Tue sh /opt/share/diversion/file/update-bl.div reset #Diversion_UpdateBL#
20 5 * * * sh /opt/share/diversion/file/rotate-logs.div #Diversion_RotateLogs#
20 17 * * * diversion count_ads count #Diversion_CountAds#
25 11 * * * sh /jffs/scripts/firewall banmalware #Skynet_banmalware#
23 1 * * Mon sh /jffs/scripts/firewall update #Skynet_autoupdate#
0 * * * * sh /jffs/scripts/firewall save #Skynet_save#
40 */12 * * * sh /jffs/scripts/firewall debug genstats #Skynet_genstats#

No errors, but it looks like it's working again now.
Since I started Connmon manually today, there is a new measurement every 5 minutes.
hmm strange

i stopped seeing the connmon tab under addons. still, the script is accessible via ssh. did it change places on the webgui or is there something wrong with it on my side?

Last edited:
Is there a way to instal a 384.6 supported version? It seems like amtm has updated the version of connmon on my ac56 to an incompatible version and I'd like to get back to an older version that worked?

Is there a way to instal a 384.6 supported version? It seems like amtm has updated the version of connmon on my ac56 to an incompatible version and I'd like to get back to an older version that worked?
What issues are you experiencing? I have the latest and experience no issues.

What issues are you experiencing? I have the latest and experience no issues.

Originally it wasn't showing up properly in the UI. I uninstalled and tried reinstalling but got an error saying this version doesn't support 384.6 but my router doesn't support the newest version of Merlin.

Originally it wasn't showing up properly in the UI. I uninstalled and tried reinstalling but got an error saying this version doesn't support 384.6 but my router doesn't support the newest version of Merlin.
You may be out of luck then. The newer firmware has a addon tab added to it. With yours being an older version before that was implemented you wont see or get that addons section.

have you considered john's fork?

I have but switching to john's fork is a bit more involved then just updating the router. This router is at my grandmothers house and I don't want to visit due to the current pandemic. But if there's no other solution I'll just switch to john's fork when things calm down.

I have but switching to john's fork is a bit more involved then just updating the router. This router is at my grandmothers house and I don't want to visit due to the current pandemic. But if there's no other solution I'll just switch to john's fork when things calm down.
the main change in f/w requirement was to use the addon api for mounting web pages, rather than overriding stock firmware pages which was clunky. you can probably comment out the version check and install it anyway, but you would need to manually mount the webui page

Hi. I wanted to suggest showing the average of ping, jitter and quality by placing the average value next to period selection box.
When selecting the period, average of that period would be displayed at the right side.

Pretty nice does it cost router performance?

Pretty nice does it cost router performance?
I noticed no performance issue with connmon. I rarely know its working until I look at the nice gui graphs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!