What's new

CPU load question on ax88u

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Radarblip34

New Around Here
Greetings all, my first post here but firstly thank you to everyone who is knowledgeable and the coders for sharing their expertise for all of us to utilize!

So... I’ve recently got myself a shiny new ax88u and have had some fun playing with it, I installed the Merlin firmware which is great and then I decided to myself a 16gb pny usb 3.0 drive. I formatted this in ext4 via amtm and installed diversion and skynet.

Now my question is that since I’ve installed amtm and diversion/skynet, my CPU load on all 4 cores is running at an average of 50% all the time. I’m thinking this is probably not right? Even when I’ve disabled both diversion and skynet it still is running at that 50% on all cores. Could anyone shed any light on what it could be? Or did I do something wrong? Apologies, while being technically minded, it is my first foray into aftermarket firmware for routers so I am a n00b at this somewhat!

Thank you in advance for any help given.

Greetings all, my first post here but firstly thank you to everyone who is knowledgeable and the coders for sharing their expertise for all of us to utilize!

So... I’ve recently got myself a shiny new ax88u and have had some fun playing with it, I installed the Merlin firmware which is great and then I decided to myself a 16gb pny usb 3.0 drive. I formatted this in ext4 via amtm and installed diversion and skynet.

Now my question is that since I’ve installed amtm and diversion/skynet, my CPU load on all 4 cores is running at an average of 50% all the time. I’m thinking this is probably not right? Even when I’ve disabled both diversion and skynet it still is running at that 50% on all cores. Could anyone shed any light on what it could be? Or did I do something wrong? Apologies, while being technically minded, it is my first foray into aftermarket firmware for routers so I am a n00b at this somewhat!

Thank you in advance for any help given.

The first thing that comes to my mind is, did you do a full reset to factory defaults and then minimally and manually configure the router to secure it and connect to your ISP?

Without using a saved config file?

From which firmware version did you upgrade from? Are you running RMerlin 384.11_2 or 384.12 Alpha 1?

What other scripts, options, or router features are you using? Are you using a VPN with this configuration? Anything special on your network?

Now my question is that since I’ve installed amtm and diversion/skynet, my CPU load on all 4 cores is running at an average of 50% all the time. I’m thinking this is probably not right? Even when I’ve disabled both diversion and skynet it still is running at that 50% on all cores. Could anyone shed any light on what it could be? Or did I do something wrong?

Try to reboot the router. Did you enable WTFast? It may cause high CPU load even after it had been disabled later and a reboot will fix it.