What's new

Devices not showing up on network map

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

smikkelsen

New Around Here
On the home page (network map) when I click the "view list" button, it pulls up the modal box, but never shows any of my devices. If I click the icon of the computer above the view list button, then it shows the attached devices on the right hand column, but for some reason I cannot get the main device list to show up.

I'm using RT-AC5300_380.58.0

Thanks in advance!

On the home page (network map) when I click the "view list" button, it pulls up the modal box, but never shows any of my devices. If I click the icon of the computer above the view list button, then it shows the attached devices on the right hand column, but for some reason I cannot get the main device list to show up.

I'm using RT-AC5300_380.58.0

Thanks in advance!

Tried with a different browser?

Also, open your web browser console and look for any Javascript error. It could be caused by a device using an invalid name, generating a Javascript syntax error.

Looks like there are some JS errors.

client_function.js:2235 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'isWebServer' of undefined

I don't have any characters in the names except for hyphen. There were hyphens in some of the default names, so I cannot imagine that causing it. Any ideas on what the JS error is referring to?

Thanks for the reply!

Looks like there are some JS errors.

client_function.js:2235 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'isWebServer' of undefined

I don't have any characters in the names except for hyphen. There were hyphens in some of the default names, so I cannot imagine that causing it. Any ideas on what the JS error is referring to?

Thanks for the reply!

Hyphens are fine. The most problematic characters are quotes (single and double), and possibly "$()\" as well (I haven't checked which characters Asuswrt is actively escaping).

If you click on that line number in the console, it will show you the code on that line.

I'll have a look to make sure that there isn't a problem specific to the isWebServer attribute in the code (which might only get triggered on certain LAN devices, which would explain why most people don't encounter the issue).

Also, probably worth noting, there are lots of other JS errors on page load before I ever click anything.

HTML:
jquery.js:5 GET https://services11.ieee.org/RST/standards-ra-web/rest/assignments/download/?registry=MA-L&format=html&text=10AE60 503 (Service Unavailable)send @ jquery.js:5x.extend.ajax @ jquery.js:5oui_query_set_cookie @ client_function.js:626(anonymous function) @ client_function.js:616
jquery.js:5 GET https://services11.ieee.org/RST/standards-ra-web/rest/assignments/download/?registry=MA-L&format=html&text=00BB3A 503 (Service Unavailable)send @ jquery.js:5x.extend.ajax @ jquery.js:5oui_query_set_cookie @ client_function.js:626(anonymous function) @ client_function.js:616
jquery.js:5 GET https://services11.ieee.org/RST/standards-ra-web/rest/assignments/download/?registry=MA-L&format=html&text=10AE60 503 (Service Unavailable)send @ jquery.js:5x.extend.ajax @ jquery.js:5oui_query_set_cookie @ client_function.js:626(anonymous function) @ client_function.js:616
jquery.js:5 GET https://services11.ieee.org/RST/standards-ra-web/rest/assignments/download/?registry=MA-L&format=html&text=10AE60 503 (Service Unavailable)

Also, probably worth noting, there are lots of other JS errors on page load before I ever click anything.

Those queries are to retrieve the manufacturer's identity by doing a OUI lookup on the IEEE online database. Looks like their service is currently (once again) down.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!