What's new

Diagnostic logging available ? Need to diagnose random disconnect

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

pfm

Occasional Visitor
I am running v376.47 on a N66U. The only logs available is the System Log. I am trying to diagnose my windows7-only-dropping-connection problem and was hoping to find something in the logs when the disconnect happens but there is nothing that resembles an error that could be occuring at the time of disconnect. Is it possible to get more detailed logs ? If so then how ? Please advise.
The random disconnect occurs only in Win7 laptops, in wireless only not in wired. Funny thing is it will always disconnect 1-2 minutes into a youtube video. It will play other videos (netflix, etc..) just fine but on youtube it will disconnect every time. No idea what that is about.

I've experienced similar disconnects but was while watching videos on the iPad. Netflix runs fine but haven't had experienced issues on any of my other computers or Macs or TV. I'm more inclined to think my issue is related to the IOS 8.

Did you see any issues logged by Windows that might explain your issue?