1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

difference between manual and automatic DoH in Firefox

Discussion in 'Asuswrt-Merlin' started by stuffedtiger, Nov 13, 2019.

Tags:
  1. stuffedtiger

stuffedtiger Occasional Visitor

in the 384.14 Beta firmware post, the changelog has a point about disabling the automatic usage of DoH in Firefox, and how manually turning on DoH within the browser will override the option on the router. so i'm wondering, what is the difference between the manual and automatic settings? i was under the impression that at some point, updating Firefox will cause the setting in the browser config to get enabled and disabling it would be as easy as unchecking a box. the line in the firmware changelog makes it seem like the automatic enabling toggles a hidden setting that can't be manually controlled.

2. Butterfly Bones

Butterfly Bones Very Senior Member

I think this will answer your questions.
    https://www.snbforums.com/threads/disabling-firefoxs-automatic-switch-to-doh.58910/

Makaveli and martinr like this.
  3. stuffedtiger

stuffedtiger Occasional Visitor