What's new

difference between manual and automatic DoH in Firefox

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

stuffedtiger

Occasional Visitor
in the 384.14 Beta firmware post, the changelog has a point about disabling the automatic usage of DoH in Firefox, and how manually turning on DoH within the browser will override the option on the router. so i'm wondering, what is the difference between the manual and automatic settings? i was under the impression that at some point, updating Firefox will cause the setting in the browser config to get enabled and disabling it would be as easy as unchecking a box. the line in the firmware changelog makes it seem like the automatic enabling toggles a hidden setting that can't be manually controlled.

in the 384.14 Beta firmware post, the changelog has a point about disabling the automatic usage of DoH in Firefox, and how manually turning on DoH within the browser will override the option on the router. so i'm wondering, what is the difference between the manual and automatic settings? i was under the impression that at some point, updating Firefox will cause the setting in the browser config to get enabled and disabling it would be as easy as unchecking a box. the line in the firmware changelog makes it seem like the automatic enabling toggles a hidden setting that can't be manually controlled.

I think this will answer your questions.
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/disabling-firefoxs-automatic-switch-to-doh.58910/