What's new

Different versions (?) of RT-AC66U B1 HW Ver B2 causing Mesh Issue

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

ketonic

New Around Here
I am trying to setup a mesh network with 3 ASUS router, all RT-AC66U B1 HW Ver B2, but i am not able to connect the 3rd and oldest one of them to the network, not as a mesh node or router.

The old one is built in 2017 (triangle label) and two are new (square label) purchased just for the soul reason to be used as mesh nodes (was a 50% deal). The other two connects and are forming a perfectly working AiMesh network, i tried both the stock firmware and now Merlins version.

I am aware that the source for AiMesh is closed but i just wanted to know if anyone here have seen this issue and might even have a solution.

Below you have pictures of the two models of routers, very slight differences but the easiest way is to look at the label form

https://photos.app.goo.gl/2nLEkLXfL8dhziTD9

I had same problem with my one of two 66u B1 I have to RMA the falty one. New one connect just fine.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!