1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

Different versions (?) of RT-AC66U B1 HW Ver B2 causing Mesh Issue

Discussion in 'Asuswrt-Merlin' started by ketonic, Aug 18, 2019.

1. ketonic

ketonic New Around Here

I am trying to setup a mesh network with 3 ASUS router, all RT-AC66U B1 HW Ver B2, but i am not able to connect the 3rd and oldest one of them to the network, not as a mesh node or router.

The old one is built in 2017 (triangle label) and two are new (square label) purchased just for the soul reason to be used as mesh nodes (was a 50% deal). The other two connects and are forming a perfectly working AiMesh network, i tried both the stock firmware and now Merlins version.

I am aware that the source for AiMesh is closed but i just wanted to know if anyone here have seen this issue and might even have a solution.

Below you have pictures of the two models of routers, very slight differences but the easiest way is to look at the label form

https://photos.app.goo.gl/2nLEkLXfL8dhziTD9

2. octopus

octopus Very Senior Member

I had same problem with my one of two 66u B1 I have to RMA the falty one. New one connect just fine.