1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

Disabled WMM APSD for Stable Android Device Internet on Wi-Fi

Discussion in 'Asuswrt-Merlin' started by Mick Mickle, Jul 17, 2015.

1. Mick Mickle

Mick Mickle Regular Contributor

Thanks to redpants comments in this thread, http://www.snbforums.com/threads/rt-n66u-dropping-my-laptops-5ghz-connection-to-the-internet.21448/, I solved a long time problem over many versions of firmware of my Android phones and tablet losing Internet connection sporadically over Wi-Fi. My devices are Samsung S3, Samsung Note 3, and Motorola Xoom. The Xoom almost always lost Internet connection when not used for a few hours - still connected to router though - solution was to turn Wi-Fi off then back on in Xoom - nuisance. The S3 & Note 3 would show problem through Samsung messages of poor Internet connection or can't load browser page - still connected to router with good signal strength. Disabling "Enable WMM APSD" under the Wireless Professional menu has fixed it! I never saw any references to this before - might have just missed them. Hope this helps someone else with same problem.

2. netwrks

netwrks Senior Member

It was trial and error for me, but this setting always disconnects my Samsung S3 from WIFI..
    Enable WMM No-Acknowledgement

3. Mick Mickle

Mick Mickle Regular Contributor

Guess I jumped the gun. Disabling this setting wasn't a panacea, at least not for the Motorola Xoom. It still gets disconnected from the Internet over Wi-Fi when it's been idle for a while. There were early versions of firmware that kept it connected to the Internet. However, Internet stability for Samsung Note 3 continues to be great.