What's new
  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Does your printer LAN IP resemble your Pixelserv IP just with extra digits? 192.168.1.20 and 192.168.1.2?

Good ol' Dave to the rescue! Did you find a bug? :)

Yes, my printer is: 192.168.0.205

My Pixelserv-TLS IP address is: 192.168.0.2

Just installed and am having issues so want to make sure this was setup correctly.
When I installed diversion it asked me to enter IP address to use so I entered 192.168.1.2
Starting IP Pool Range 192.168.1.3 Ending 192.168.1.254
WAN DNS = router address 192.168.1.1
as soon as I put the DNS as the router address under LAN I lose internet connection
Note: Diversion is showing enabled
Any ideas ?

Just installed and am having issues so want to make sure this was setup correctly.
When I installed diversion it asked me to enter IP address to use so I entered 192.168.1.2
Starting IP Pool Range 192.168.1.3 Ending 192.168.1.254
WAN DNS = router address 192.168.1.1
as soon as I put the DNS as the router address under LAN I lose internet connection
Any ideas ?
Do not set WAN DNS as the router address. Use your ISP DNS or a favorite external public DNS service.

Do not set WAN DNS as the router address. Use your ISP DNS or a favorite external public DNS service.
thanks for the quick response! ok that fixed my internet. now it seems it isnt blocking though. My dns server is set to my routers ip (192.168.1.1) under lan/dhcp.
Diversion is enabled and shows ad-blocking to ip 192.168.1.2 and pixelserv to 192.168.1.2.
DNS Filter is set to off in asus settings
Any ideas ?

LAN DHCP DNS should be blank.

Enable it and set Global mode to Router.

we are getting closer! it appears to be blocking but none of the blocked big ads are showing that pixel sized image that was mentioned in FAQ, they just show a big white square. Is something not working ?
EDIT: pixelserv stats does show rejected and dropped https requests
As far as the ad counter, when having it auto and I open diversion initially it takes a few minutes to load. Once it shows new update, I did not show it updating afterwards either even if I exit / go to different tabs of it and come back. Does it update every 30 minutes or so ?
When I use AC it takes 5+ minutes as well to show new counter. Is there a setting that is causing this massive delay with the counter or is this expected ?
Last Edit: spoke to soon. running large list. many ads are being blocked but for some reason I show a ton of ads on yahoo.com

Last edited:
When I use AC it takes 5+ minutes as well to show new counter. Is there a setting that is causing this massive delay with the counter or is this expected ?
The time to count ads will depend on the size of your dnsmasq log files.
many ads are being blocked but for some reason I show a ton of ads on yahoo.com
Some ad domains are hard coded to be whitelisted to allow ads on this forum. It may be that yahoo is using the same domains to show ads.

Does anyone else notice google ads are still showing?

I changed the Diversion list from standard to large and the google ads are still showing. I use Google Chrome on Windows 10.

Very surprised to see this considering the amount of google ads on various websites, I assumed these would surely be blocked. Is there something wrong in my settings? Other ads are being blocked.

Does anyone else notice google ads are still showing?

I changed the Diversion list from standard to large and the google ads are still showing. I use Google Chrome on Windows 10.

Very surprised to see this considering the amount of google ads on various websites, I assumed these would surely be blocked. Is there something wrong in my settings? Other ads are being blocked.
See my post above yours.

The time to count ads will depend on the size of your dnsmasq log files.

Some ad domains are hard coded to be whitelisted to allow ads on this forum. It may be that yahoo is using the same domains to show ads.

Thanks for all the help.
In regards to the ad counter update though, this is a fresh install and it took at least 5 minutes even after only a couple minutes of use. Is it supposed to take that long even on a fresh install ?

I've pushed a Diversion update, no version change

- NEW: Added entware-services symlink to /opt/etc/init.d/rc.unslung, as requested by @TeHashX .
Options are start|stop|restart|reconfigure|check|kill
For example "entware-services restart" would restart all Entware services.​
- FIXED: Stats function count mismatch when IP addresses are similar (eg 192.168.50.2 and 192.168.50.20), give thanks to @dave14305 for his bug hunting skills.
- CHANGED: Uses Entware package p7zip instead of zip for backup when zip is selected as compression.
- CHANGED: More verbose output for Diversion server in use when updating files.
- CHANGED: Experimental YouTube video ads blocking feature:
- Auto-updates the forced YouTube IP address(es) at $count 30 when new domain and IP(s) are found.
- Cron job now runs at every 1, 2, 5, 10 or 15 minutes instead of set by $count variable.
- Only looks for new domains in log file after last check point (saved in /tmp/div_yt_count).​

Use u to update.

Last edited:
[mention]thelonelycoder [/mention] Any chance you can force remove router's DNS query to "dns.msftncsi.com" from Diversion statistics? It totally messes up the generated report and I can't disable it because of Dual WAN.

[mention]thelonelycoder [/mention]
Just type @ then start writing the handle, like @thel would give you a drop down to select me.

@thelonelycoder Any chance you can force remove router's DNS query to "dns.msftncsi.com" from Diversion statistics? It totally messes up the generated report and I can't disable it because of Dual WAN.
Let me have a late dinner, then I'll figure out the how and why this is not already included beside the existing IP address exclusion function.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!