What's new
  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

BTW you said you whitelisted "s.amazon-adsystem.com"

So what happens if you ping it from your PC? How does it resolve?

I'm trying to setup my router IP as DNS in VPN provider WireGuard client configuration to use Diversion but it doesn't work. Has anyone experienced the same issue?

BTW you said you whitelisted "s.amazon-adsystem.com"

So what happens if you ping it from your PC? How does it resolve?
I didn't ping it when I had the Energized blocklists, but after reverting to the default (Large) list, it's fine, Ping responds back with an external IP. I was using Energized block list for 2 months and now I can't even add any of their lists, I don't know what's going on. I can't even access any of Energized lists on their website, so weird.

I am suffering the same, with Ads appearing, I use Openvpn on the router with my client (phone) connected and all traffic flowing through my router.

I am seeing ads as well appearing on my pixel phone's news service, could be Google ads.

I am suffering the same, with Ads appearing, I use Openvpn on the router with my client (phone) connected and all traffic flowing through my router.

I am seeing ads as well appearing on my pixel phone's news service, could be Google ads.
The test I use is go to whatsmyip.org from your client device (connected by Openvpn) and first check that the ip address is the one you’re expecting ie the public ip address of your home router. Also, if there’s no ad in the banner box immediately below the ip address, then everything is as it should be. If it fails one or both of those test, then something is amiss.

I think it is a setting in your email that ensures encryption of incoming/outgoing emails - not sure if your email provider has that enabled or not but mine does. When you set up the email in Diversion, just ignore that step (hit Enter instead) as it can sometimes cause errors. Then proceed with the other steps and make sure to use the “send test email” feature to ensure that your email setup works.

I think it is a setting in your email that ensures encryption of incoming/outgoing emails - not sure if your email provider has that enabled or not but mine does. When you set up the email in Diversion, just ignore that step (hit Enter instead) as it can sometimes cause errors. Then proceed with the other steps and make sure to use the “send test email” feature to ensure that your email setup works.
Thanks @Marin
I just skipped the step as you advised, seems to work fine.

I've strange problem which not sure a diversion related. I can't access bet365 from desktop using any browser. Ping is fine and can access the site from mobiles connected on wifi. CA.cert is already imported on chrome and FF.

I've strange problem which not sure a diversion related. I can't access bet365 from desktop using any browser. Ping is fine and can access the site from mobiles connected on wifi. CA.cert is already imported on chrome and FF.
Disable diversion completely then try it from desktop. That will tell you if the issue is related to diversion. If you still have same issue then you have another issue somewhere else.

I think it is a setting in your email that ensures encryption of incoming/outgoing emails - not sure if your email provider has that enabled or not but mine does.
I think it is actually something a little different. I think it works like this. Whether it is encrypted or not is a function of the protocol. So Gmail's smtp server uses smtps protocol, and the exchange of information sets up TLS encryption at the 256 bit level. The configuration dialog helpfully shows you the settings for four SMTP servers. But by default curl will attempt to verify identities, so Gmail's smtp server will want to see your humble little router verified in its CA chain. Which of course, it won't. The SSL flag allows you to specify the "--insecure" command, which tells Gmail's smtp server not to do that. If you go ahead, the connection is still encrypted.

Now, as a matter of safety, your gmail account is going to have 2FA in place. (If not, stop here.) When this is the case, the Gmail server is going to want to see the connection is verified by 2FA, which of course it can't. But the server also checks to see if you have a application-specific password in place, and if that password matches, the gmail server will accept the traffic.

As an aside, I think that field allows you to specify a bunch of curl options if necessary. Haven't come across the necessity for this.

Have you tried pinging www.bet365.com instead of bet365.com? That comes back with the pixelsrv internal IP in my case. Just like you I can't access the site.
Mobile probably goes through a different subdomain like m.bet365.com etc, which is why you're not seeing the issue there.

Pinging www.bet365.com [192.168.1.2] with 32 bytes of data:

Last edited:
Is there anything that needs to be changed in Diversion once activated?
I installed uDivStats and it appears to show that Diversion is working, but when I visit a site like speedtest.net, I see ads littered all along the screen.

Have you tried pinging www.bet365.com instead of bet365.com? That comes back with the pixelsrv internal IP in my case. Just like you I can't access the site.
Mobile probably goes through a different subdomain like m.bet365.com etc, which is why you're not seeing the issue there.

Pinging www.bet365.com [192.168.1.2] with 32 bytes of data:

working now. I imported CA.cert file again and rebooted the computer.

Not quite sure how to get this right. I've tried several combinations and still doesn't seem to work properly.

LAN/DHCP Server Page
DNS Server 1 and 2 are blank (which should default to RTAC68U address)
- I've also tried manually entering the IP address here

WAN Internet Connection
DNS Server 1 and DNS Server 2 are assigned 1.1.1.1/9.9.9.9 (though I tried setting this to blank and the RTAC68U IP)
Connect to DNS Server Automatically is No
DNS Privacy Protocol Set to DNS Over TLS

It's my understanding that given what's set in LAN/DHCP Server Page and WAN Internet Connection, that clients connected to the network should get RTAC68U address assigned as DNS server, and RTAC68U would then filter results poll DNS Servers established under WAN Internet Connection for IP addresses. What am I missing?

Does anyone know whether Google Analytics tracking uses analytics.google.com, or does it depend only on other domains such as google-analytics.com and www.google-analytics.com ?

Sorry this question isn't specific to Diversion, and apologies if it's been addressed before, but this seemed a good place to ask. I've been using Diversion and uiDivStats for a few months now and am delighted with how well they work.

However, I sometimes need to view my own Google Analytics dashboard and would prefer not to turn off Diversion if I don't have to. I notice that Diversion blocks analytics.google.com by default. Whitelisting it allows me to view the GA dashboard, but does it also allow other sites to track me?

Strangely I never see any ad on the Forum. I thought that SNBForum Ad domains were whitelisted. Any idea? I have not added/modified anything in addition to the standard install.
I do sometimes see the amazon link but nothing more than that.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!