What's new
  • SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Strangely I never see any ad on the Forum. I thought that SNBForum Ad domains were whitelisted. Any idea? I have not added/modified anything in addition to the standard install.
I do sometimes see the amazon link but nothing more than that.
Do you have any browser level ad blockers running (Adblock, uBlock Origin, etc)? The router may have them whitelisted but they are getting stopped in browser.

Could someone explain the use of pixelserv-tls?

It's enabled, but not sure what it does.

This is to import a CA for the web UI, is this the routers web UI? Or some other UI that may be useful?

Could someone explain the use of pixelserv-tls?

It's enabled, but not sure what it does.

This is to import a CA for the web UI, is this the routers web UI? Or some other UI that may be useful?
Edited: Here's some lite reading for you.... majority of people I read disabled it. ;)

Last edited:
Here's some lite reading for you....Also I believe most have disabled it.

Ah, thanks for the links.

So, blocking ads served from HTTPS, and replacing the ad with a pixel. This sounds useful, even though I still get massive wasted space on pages. But makes sense for HTTPS served ads.

What's the reason for disabling it?

Ah, thanks for the links.

What's the reason for disabling it?
I couldn't exactly remember but I believe it was most people found it was causing more issues blocking items than helping. It hasn't been updated either if I recall. I had it enabled myself at one time but after disabling it I found no issue to turn it back on. Here is an explanation from @thelonelycoder on what happens when you disable it.

I couldn't exactly remember but I believe it was most people found it was causing more issues blocking items than helping. It hasn't been updated either if I recall. I had it enabled myself at one time but after disabling it I found no issue to turn it back on. Here is an explanation from @thelonelycoder on what happens when you disable it.

Excellent, thanks for your help.

Sorry, if this was already answered but is there a way to block specific device from connecting to host?
I would like block Amazon and other IoT devices from pinging to google all the time.

I really love what you are doing! Thank you!

Sorry, if this was already answered but is there a way to block specific device from connecting to host?
I would like block Amazon and other IoT devices from pinging to google all the time.

I've watched the logs briefly and seen that the analytical, useless-for-the-end-user, stuff is being blocked by Diversion.

You need to look into Skynet not Diversion.

Here's some lite reading for you....Also I believe most have disabled it.

"Most people disable it" no I disagree. Although we would need a poll to collect data ;)

I continue to use it and manually take care of things so that my phone apps like Amazon shopping etc are unaffected by pixelserv.

"Most people disable it" no I disagree. Although we would need a poll to collect data ;)

I continue to use it and manually take care of things so that my phone apps like Amazon shopping etc are unaffected by pixelserv.
I can reword it to "majority of people I read disabled it". ;)

I've watched the logs briefly and seen that the analytical, useless-for-the-end-user, stuff is being blocked by Diversion.

You need to look into Skynet not Diversion.

Ah, I thought Diversion was doing this.

Something else I need to take a closer look at.

I couldn't exactly remember but I believe it was most people found it was causing more issues blocking items than helping. It hasn't been updated either if I recall. I had it enabled myself at one time but after disabling it I found no issue to turn it back on.

Code:
pixelserv-tls 2.3.1 (compiled: Mar 23 2020 07:23:17 flags: tfo tls1_3)

More recently updated than some scripts IMO!

Please excuse me, but a quick one off topic: Does anyone know why the PWR command would not be working from my SSH prompt?

Annotation 2020-07-23 104144.jpg

kvic briefly re-appeared to merge my efforts to fix it up to make it fit for purpose with requirements forced by iOS/macOS changes, but it seems like the project is abandoned. i have removed pixelserv from my setup

Although it may be abandoned, it's still working fine for me. (with the caveat that for certain mobile apps like Amazon Shopping; you may need to employ some manual workarounds because they don't like pixelserv-TLS for some reason - pretty much everything else is fine)

Keep in mind that although FreshJR-QoS was abandoned in June (?) of 2019, we all continued to use it without major issues until FW 384.18 came out, which is the only point that we really needed to update to the newer FlexQoS due to Adaptive QoS changes in the base Asus firmware.

Not quite sure how to get this right. I've tried several combinations and still doesn't seem to work properly.

LAN/DHCP Server Page
DNS Server 1 and 2 are blank (which should default to RTAC68U address)
- I've also tried manually entering the IP address here

WAN Internet Connection
DNS Server 1 and DNS Server 2 are assigned 1.1.1.1/9.9.9.9 (though I tried setting this to blank and the RTAC68U IP)
Connect to DNS Server Automatically is No
DNS Privacy Protocol Set to DNS Over TLS

It's my understanding that given what's set in LAN/DHCP Server Page and WAN Internet Connection, that clients connected to the network should get RTAC68U address assigned as DNS server, and RTAC68U would then filter results poll DNS Servers established under WAN Internet Connection for IP addresses. What am I missing?
Can anyone help?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!