What's new

Does not allow logon if another user connected but not logged in

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

vrapp

On computer A I navigate to RT-AC68R 's webpage and see login screen Main_Login.asp, but don't login.

If now on computer B I do the same, I see the message that another user has to logout first. But that another user did not login.

Try closing your browsers (both) and launching them again. Then try clearing the cache on them. If all this fails, try rebooting to solve the issue.

(And it is not to navigate to the login screen on one computer and then try to connect with another computer. If that is the problem; stop doing that).

It has nothing to do with browsers. I tried it with anonymous session, and it was the same. The message comes from the router. You can try it out by yourself.

This means that someone who does not know the password, can prevent legitimate admin's logon just by going to the logon screen. It seems to me quite gross.

Okay, this is interesting. Cannot test this right now, but what firmware are you using?

Do you have ssh enabled? VPN server or clients?

Any other non-default settings that may affect this behavior?

Firmware 378.55. First saw it on AC-68U, now just tried on RT-N66U, same effect.

That is: "Enable Web Access from WAN" is enabled, on port 8080. On remote computer I go to router's login page, by using ddns. See logon screen but don't logon.

On local computer go to router's page. "
Login user IP: <IP of the remote computer>
You cannot Login unless logout another user first."

Once on remote computer I close browser (Chrome) with the login page, on local computer I can logon almost immediately.

SSH is enabled, but not remote SSH. None of VPN.

Same if it was not remote computer but another local computer in my LAN.

Last edited: