What's new

Dramatically Different Speed Test Results - RT-AX86U

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

cotrienla

New Around Here
Hello,

I am not sure which is accurate. The speed test within the Merlin firmware is where I am usually when hooked up directly to modem. But google and other speed test apps tells me that I have a fraction of the speed. Please advise.

Network Test 2.jpg

Network Test.jpg

Make sure you are actually testing over Wifi and not over mobile.

Hello,

I am not sure which is accurate. The speed test within the Merlin firmware is where I am usually when hooked up directly to modem. But google and other speed test apps tells me that I have a fraction of the speed. Please advise.

View attachment 28353
View attachment 28354

YHXzkb4.jpeg
JUpYnlD.png

Your second speedtest screenshot was done over wireless I suppose.

I am getting the opposite results using gigabit wired. Speedtest run via firmware always clocks lower throughput than via browser (running test using my ISPs XMission server as the source). Figure it is a nice additional feature to have baked into Merlin's firmware but it does not seem to be fairly accurate measuring throughput...

I tested these using a wired ethernet connection from the router literally one after the other. I have a 600mbps down and 15mbps up plan from Xfinity. Direct to modem I usually don't get below 300mbps.

Mine is pretty consistant... using RT-AX86U using both the internal speed test:

1607653064656.png

And the Merlin Speed Test:

1607653167866.png

They are both equal to me.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!