What's new

DSL-AC68U AP Mode

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Veldkornet

Hey guys,

Is there any specific reason why I don't have the option to put the DSL-AC68U into AP Mode? The whole Operation Mode tab is missing...

Does the RT-AC68U have these options?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hey guys,

Is there any specific reason why I don't have the option to put the DSL-AC68U into AP Mode? The whole Operation Mode tab is missing...

I can imagine that the DSL modem/router need to be a router - without a router in your network the other devices and also APs will not work... :rolleyes:

You can add a AP to a network with an existing router, but you cannot change your only router to be a AP! ;)

And: yes, the standard AC68U/P has the AP option! :oops:

Why?

I have an RT-AC87U which is the router. And in the Operation Mode I can turn it into an AP if I want. But I have a spare DSL-AC68U and I want to use it as an AP, except I can't find the setting.

I'm talking about these screens...

34aec5a51ac106418826b898e47b3f2e.jpg

82631aa2f3e0d494acf397a581a98658.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is there any specific reason why I don't have the option to put the DSL-AC68U into AP Mode?

im guessing because its sold as a modem they dont think it needs that function , but its quite simple to wan bypass the modem and router functionality by following the link below

http://www.smallnetbuilder.com/basi...onvert-a-wireless-router-into-an-access-point

yes its has the options of ap modem , repeater mode and media bridge mode as well as router mode , my guess is asus doesnt want to put all its eggs in one basket

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!