What's new

[DSL-AC68U] AsusWrt Merlin builds for DSL routers

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Hi GNUton,

When i block one device's int. access via asus router android app or web interface, all my devices's connection are blocked. Is this problem related to android app or firmware? Is there anything i can do?
I have not tested it yet, so no idea what's wrong.. if you see it as an issue try to ask others if that s an issue for them too and please report it as a bug in GitHub.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Hi, i am new here so apologies if this has been discussed somewhere already.
I am looking to try out the custom firmware on my used DSL-AC68U in Melbourne AU. Have heard issues with setup specifically for FTTB NBN connection on the stock firmware. Could someone here direct me to steps i need to take for a good clean setup. Thanks!!

Yeah mate I can help. need to make sure you unplug your cable from the wall socket, instead of using the setup wizard, setup settings manually otherwise risk getting a blocked port, calling ISP to unblock can take days.

1. FTTB should be the same as setting up FTTP*, depending on your wall connection you might need to setup via one of your lan ports.
  2. To do this go into WAN -> Dual Wan -> set Primary WAN Ethernet WAN and select your lan port your cables connected to, Save.
  3. GO Back into WAN -> Internet Connection -> WAN Type to Ethernet WAN -> Wan connection type -> PPPoE. Save
  4. Put in your ISp setting half way down the page.
  5. Go into Administration -> DSL Settings - > make sure SRA enabled, G.INP Enabled, G.vector (G.993.5) Enabled. Save.
  6. Reboot router.
  7. Plug in cable to wall socket.
See how you go.

Last edited:
Hi there,
Testers needed.
384.12 for DSL AC68U is now available for testing. Please download the latest pre release from GitHub and let me know if it works for you or if there are issue. You can safely switch back to previous release in the worst case and no factory reset needed if you come from the previous release. Cheers antonio

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
I installed it yesterday up until now everything seams to work fine.
If something comes up I will inform you.

that's what i am afraid of. will wait to do it over the weekend hopefully with the latest stable build. thanks for the direction
Just make sure Step 5 is always set first and you're golden.

We also use VDSL Settings -> VDSL Profile -> 17a Multi Mode in Aus for 100mb max connections.

Would it be possible to get it running on the ASUS DSL-AC68VG VOIP model?

Hi Guys,

Can anyone help me please,I'm getting lots of internet drop outs,my modem stays on but the router loses connection for some reason.

My modem is Draytek Vigor 130 and Router is Asus Dsl ac68u

Attachments

• router log.PNG
    router log.PNG
    258.5 KB · Views: 402
  • modem1.PNG
    modem1.PNG
    22.2 KB · Views: 360
  • modem 2.PNG
    modem 2.PNG
    15.4 KB · Views: 359
Last edited:
When I bought the router the speeds weren't great and I read that it can cause problems because the modem chipset (mediatek) isn't great.

So I bought a Bt approved modem

When I bought the router the speeds weren't great and I read that it can cause problems because the modem chipset (mediatek) isn't great.

So I bought a Bt approved modem

just give it a try, I always experimenting if I have the equipment and I don't just stay in what I read.
It will only cost you time, and by the way I think DSL-AC68U has a good modem.

After buying both the modem and router trying to improve my connection I'd like to keep it this way if possible.

Has nobody any ideas why I've started to get these disconnections?

Happened again repeatedly in the last few hours.

Attachments

• router log.PNG
    router log.PNG
    308.9 KB · Views: 362
Yeah I've been getting near my full fiber speed with this router, at two locations over two yrs.

Logs you post are from DSL-AC68U showing lots of errors plus PPPoE via lan port 1, chap auth then failing but you say you're using the vigor to connect vdsl? If you're dropping then the issue will be in the vigor logs.

You need to state more info on your setup what version firmware your using, how you've setup your lan/wan etc.

Ok I'll post screenshots showing my full set up on the modem and router.

I'm using the 384.11 2 gnuton2 firmware,how do I see the vigor logs?

Also you say connected via lan port 1 I'm on lan port 4

Attachments

• modem1.PNG
    modem1.PNG
    80.9 KB · Views: 364
  • modem 2.PNG
    modem 2.PNG
    103.2 KB · Views: 345
  • modem 3.PNG
    modem 3.PNG
    158.9 KB · Views: 350
  • modem4.PNG
    modem4.PNG
    142 KB · Views: 384
Router set up,the only thing thats been changed recently is a couple of weeks ago I didn't have the draytek set up in bridge mode correctly so I reset and did that and today I tried switching to google dns to see if it was a dns issue.

Oh and my isp is Bt and i'm on Bt infinity 2

Attachments

• wam internet set up1.PNG
    wam internet set up1.PNG
    211.1 KB · Views: 367
  • wan internet2.PNG
    wan internet2.PNG
    33.3 KB · Views: 457
  • dual wan.PNG
    dual wan.PNG
    148.5 KB · Views: 391
Hi Guys,

Can anyone help me please,I'm getting lots of internet drop outs,my modem stays on but the router loses connection for some reason.

My modem is Draytek Vigor 130 and Router is Asus Dsl ac68u

Your Vigor 130 stats don't make sense, 1st page shows Fast Path, second page shows interleaving is on, it can't be both.

The Vigor doesn't log anything so you won,t find anything to help with the connection issues.

You may be better returning the DrayTek , it uses a Lantiq processor and your FTTC cabinet is a Huawei with a Broadcom chip.

A Zyxel will be better for your line.

Your Vigor 130 stats don't make sense, 1st page shows Fast Path, second page shows interleaving is on, it can't be both.

The Vigor doesn't log anything so you won,t find anything to help with the connection issues.

You may be better returning the DrayTek , it uses a Lantiq processor and your FTTC cabinet is a Huawei with a Broadcom chip.

A Zyxel will be better for your line.

what screenshot do you mean? My modem stats I posted show fast path on the vdsl status

Attachments

• vigor status.PNG
    vigor status.PNG
    25.2 KB · Views: 350
  • status 2.PNG
    status 2.PNG
    15.6 KB · Views: 353
what screenshot do you mean? My modem stats I posted show fast path on the vdsl status

Status #2 clearly shows interleave delay is running ( far end) , that will reduce performance on your line.

Status #2 clearly shows interleave delay is running ( far end) , that will reduce performance on your line.

Ok,didn't know interleave delay was the same as interleaved

How is interleave delay different to interleaved?

Last edited: