What's new

DSL-AC88U Wifi Issues

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

mctaff

New Around Here
Hi all,

I've just bought a DSL-AC88U to replace an EE Brightbox, to try and improve the wireless range, and to try and remove intermittent issues with a Naim Muso wirelessly connected streamer.

However, now the majority of the devices on my network are not connecting properly!

My mac connection seems ok/stable on the 5Ghz band, and my main streamer is hardwired, and the connection works fine.

Everything on the 2.4 GHz is having problems - the wireless streamer, two windows laptops, one iPad and one iPhone... all being randomly booted off the network at regular intervals. Checking the iPhone it appears that the Asus DHCP Server isn't working correctly: half the time there is no ip address assigned to the phone; asking to renew the lease (iPhone wifi settings) temporarily enables connectivity.

The Naim iOs control app - which admittedly was occasionally flaky on the EE router - now cannot find either the hardwired, nor the wireless streamer the majority of the time... although occasionally they appear.

The router is using the out of box settings, bar those you have to change to setup the broadband.

If anyone has any ideas on how I might be able sort it - otherwise I'm send the *^$*$^*$ thing back next week - then I'd be very happy!!

Edit: after hunting around a few other threads on here, I've adjusted the Multicast setting from auto to OFDM 12, which seems to have got the streamers back into the Naim App. Woo-hoo, some progress, perhaps all is not lost!

Cheers,

David

Last edited:
You need to disable airtime fairness under wireless, professional, pull down 2.5ghz and then disable airtime fairness.

ha! sounds like airtime unfairness then!

will try thanks... oddly things have been better behaved today; perhaps a router restart has helped.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!