What's new

DST bug / RT-AC3200 / 380.68_4

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Waffull

Occasional Visitor
Router: AC3200
Firmware: 380.68_4

I can't get the router to turn off daylight savings time. I have tried a half dozen different time servers.

Any thoughts?
Thanks
ASUS Wireless Router RT-AC3200 - General Log.png
ASUS Wireless Router RT-AC3200 - System.png

NTP server has nothing to do with DST. Configure it in the two DST fields that are right above it...

Maybe set the start/end time to the same and that will effectively disabled it?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NTP server has nothing to do with DST. Configure it in the two DST fields that are right above it...
The DST fields are configured. The proper timezone is set.
I've had the router for more than 2 years, always had your firmware on it. Never had this problem before.

The only reason I mentioned trying multiple NTPs was because DST was configured and was still reading daylight time instead of standard time.

Router: AC3200
Firmware: 380.68_4

I can't get the router to turn off daylight savings time. I have tried a half dozen different time servers.

Any thoughts?
Thanks
View attachment 10895 View attachment 10896
If you are referring to the statement below the system day/date/time, it's always there I believe. I agree, if it's none daylight savings period, it should not appear. But what's important is, if the time change is correct, which appears you do.

I have AC3200 / 380.68_4 , DST changed as expected , no problem here.

The situation I ran into is that the time is correct on the router, but the time management settings are one hour off, so something got mucked up.

For example, I have some devices that lose their Internet access at 20:00. Last night, they lost it at 19:00 despite the router time being correct. A restart did not help. I had to add an extra hour to the time management setting for the impacted devices.

If you are referring to the statement below the system day/date/time, it's always there I believe. I agree, if it's none daylight savings period, it should not appear. But what's important is, if the time change is correct, which appears you do.
Agreed. The message is saying that DST is enabled, which is not the same as being currently in effect. The time is correct.