What's new

DUAL WAN and QoS

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

MrJackBlack

Occasional Visitor
Hi Folks,

I'm using Asuswrt-Merlin Release 380.65! I got two DSL lines at home, both the same speed: 50/10MBit. I use both lines as load balancing with manual assigned IPs to each WAN (to avoid double IP issues).

Before, I used QoS, as we do have some bandwidth consuming applications running here.

Now, after setting up the DUAL WAN, I was wondering if QoS still works as before? Do I need to consider something else? Which bandwidth do I enter: 50 or 100MBit Download, 10 or 20Mbit Upload?

Hi MrJackBlack,

No response to your question from me either as I do not know (yet).
However, can I ask if:
1. you installed both VDSL lines with PPPOE for each port (WAN, LAN)?
I read on various places the Asus cannot connect to two PPPOE accounts, although the firmware does provide the solution.

2. If no, how do you receive the public IP directly from your ISP without PPPOE? (from modem/router in bridge mode?)

3. you use VDSL from the same provider?
Thanks

Hola,

I get a dynamic IP from my ISP (Swisscom), using DHCP option 60. Both DSL contracts are via the same ISP.

Nice, how does QoS work for you now?