What's new

dual wan help please n66

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

JS_racer

Regular Contributor
please forgive me if this is not how it works. what i was trying to do was use my galaxy s3 as a usb tether when my internet went out this morning. normal is charter and my phone is through sprint. i could have swore i tested this when i got my n66 router and it would connect. today i had no luck.

my firmware is 3.0.0.4.374.35_4-sdk5 and for the life of me i could not get it to connect to my phone at all. are there steps, or things i can try to test to get it working? my internet is super reliable, but this morning it was out for a few hours. it does show as a 3g modem when i connect it to the usb on the router.

thanks much for the time and effort, much appreciated.

I think the answer is sad but simple.
Only few USB adapter are working for 3g, see ASUS web site and I'm sure no cell phone are in the list.
:(

looking at the firmware descriptions, looks like it was added in 3.0.0.4.276 Android phone USB Tethering support.
could have swore i had it working on a previous firmware than where i am now. not sure if its a phone issue, or a firmware issue or a not meant for me issue, lol

i did add a wifi usb dongle to my main desktop to easily tether from my phone if it happens again.

I think the answer is sad but simple.
Only few USB adapter are working for 3g, see ASUS web site and I'm sure no cell phone are in the list.
:(

Asus did add NDIS support for Android phones about a year ago, but whether it will work with your phone will depend on your phone.

changed my tether app and it seemed to work great.
good to know i can use it as a backup if needed.