What's new

FlexQoS FlexQoS 1.0 - Flexible QoS Enhancement Script for Adaptive QoS

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I have a question - would it be possible to change the FlexQoS tab in the gui so that the tracked connections show a traffic level, or perhaps when the filter is applied to the tracked connections list it also gets applied to the pie chart and traffic tables? It's great seeing which connections are open from a device, but it would be even better if I could see how much traffic each connection (or category) is generating?
I don’t know if it’s practical to try to incorporate it into the FlexQoS page, but the Bandwidth monitor page uses this query below to get per-device metrics for a MAC address. It’s not enough granularity to show per-connection stats, and it might not be easy to aggregate it to replace the pie chart data for the specific device.

http://192.168.1.1/getTraffic.asp?client=11:22:33:44:55:66

If anyone has time to research if the sum of this data equals the actual bandwidth a client uses, it would be helpful.

EDIT: this query only shows totals, not intervals, so it’s less useful for this purpose without calculating deltas between successive queries. I don’t think this is doable in the near future. You guys would be surprised how limiting it can be to get data from the OS level without firmware-level access.

Last edited:
Do you even play games to See if it works?
No, I don’t.
how can i add cs go that all of this application flows into gaming ?

I have tried set up the gaming rule but it dont show up in the script

I think i need to Go back to FreshJR because it worked way better!

Sadly not even the biggest fps game is recogniced properly

its really sad that i have to switch to an old script just because its to hard to priorize the biggest game in esports. nice job i tried all rules nothing is workig i dont see even a rule that says rule1 for example

is there not a way that lets say all of the traffic that my pc have and is categoried into gaming ??
The game detection is done by the TrendMicro engine. If you have better results with FreshJR, I think it is due to an old bug in FreshJR that treated port 443 as gaming (it was programmed as port 433 instead).

Maybe you just need a rule for your PC IP where all traffic with Mark 000000 goes into Gaming. Only enter your IP and Mark 000000 and Gaming (at the very bottom of the iptables rules). This script won’t make any magic if you cannot make the criteria to identify your important traffic you want to prioritize.

Heyy now that i have you have set i should Reset the ip rule it doesnt track cs go in the right category, it flows into others?

how can i add cs go that all of this application flows into gaming ?

I have tried set up the gaming rule but it dont show up in the script

I think i need to Go back to FreshJR because it worked way better!

Sadly not even the biggest fps game is recogniced properly

its really sad that i have to switch to an old script just because its to hard to priorize the biggest game in esports. nice job i tried all rules nothing is workig i dont see even a rule that says rule1 for example

is there not a way that lets say all of the traffic that my pc have and is categoried into gaming ??

Do you even play games to See if it works?
Can you post a pic of your rules setup? On your previous post, you had multiple gaming rules. You should only see 1 gaming rule and assigned a range for those devices that are being used for gaming.

I have been running Cake and Suricata for a couple of weeks. Today, I did a Format JFFS partition at next boot option and started over. Reinstalled my favorite scripts and installed FlexQoS, disabled AiProtection as it had a habit of crashing. So far I am very happy. I did notice that on the Ookla speed test, the download traffic shows up in the file downloads but the upload test shows traffic on the web traffic graph. I never checked that behavior when I used FreshJR so I do not know if it displayed that behavior too. Anyway, really liking the FlexQoS.

Last edited:
@Smokey613 Welcome previous Cake user. Hey @dave14305, Build it and they will come. ;)
iu

@dave14305 I noticed that after you updated the quantum's my QoS experience seems to be smoother especially online gaming with xbox seems that my connection is way more responsive, for some reason it also seem like everything like downloads and streaming are hitting higher resolution quicker.

For example steam trailers that I've been watching before I buy a game or out of interest, seem to be going into highest quality available, to be honest I'm extremely impressed.

hey sorry for my bad response but i was going to try to add the game in the right category for about 2-3 hours and i aslo got a important game the same time.I dont know why but i tried your steps again and after restart now it shows all my untracked data from my gaming pc, still as untracked but it shows the right color for the gaming classification. I do still need to set my gaming pc in the static ip so i have set in windows in the ipv4 settings to use specific ip adress or can i also use ip adress is used automatic?
I hope this steps that i have done in the picture are right.

I have unbound installed and as i know my router should be now the dns server so i have set in the same settings in windows the routers login ip adress as the dns server because when i set ip adress not getting automatic i have to put in an dns server is this correct to just put in in dns 1 the router login ip adress ?

Generally the best way for me would be if i can limit some devices max bandwit.
What do you think about this upload and download settings i only play cs go and stream with obs. But it need the lowest possible ping ingame and also the lowest latency?

Other devices in our network are smarthpones and ipads

Attachments

• Unbenan1111nt.PNG
    Unbenan1111nt.PNG
    160 KB · Views: 166
  • Unbeasdasdnannt.PNG
    Unbeasdasdnannt.PNG
    120.1 KB · Views: 185
  • 20.PNG
    20.PNG
    255.2 KB · Views: 218
  • 3.PNG
    3.PNG
    347.6 KB · Views: 173
  • ulpad.PNG
    ulpad.PNG
    194.6 KB · Views: 163
Last edited:
Can I get someone to check my configuration for this script?

I want to optimise my settings so I have the best gaming experience with little lag:

• FlexQOS Tab > Customise > Download & Upload Bandwidth set to 95% for each value
  • FlexQOS Tab > Customise > Input manually configured IP Address for PS4 in the iptable for Class Gaming Row & Gaming Download Row
    • Should I also add the ports that need to be opened in this IPTABLE and mark them as gaming?
    • PlayStation 4 80, 443, 1935, 3478-3480 3074, 3478-3479 (Warzone ps4 Ports)
  • QOS Tab > Gaming - Others - Web Surfing - Work from Home - File Transferring - Video & Audio - Learn from Home
  • QOS Tab > QOS Type: Adaptive
  • QOS Tab > QOS Bandwidth Setting Manual - Values set to 90% of average download and upload score as tested on http://www.dslreports.com/speedtest
  • FQ_Codel
PS Have also portforwarded the right values

I do still need to set my gaming pc in the static ip so i have set in windows in the ipv4 settings to use specific ip adress or can i also use ip adress is used automatic?
You should be able to leave the PC IPv4 settings “automatic” because you have already assigned a manual IP in the DHCP server tab in the router. The router’s DHCP server will always give the PC the same IP.
What do you think about this upload and download settings i only play cs go and stream with obs. But it need the lowest possible ping ingame and also the lowest latency?
My opinion is that the Maximum settings should be close to 100% when there is unused bandwidth available. I would guess that if you still have issues, then your Upload/Download bandwidths (Mb/s) are set too high in the QoS page.

FlexQOS Tab > Customise > Input manually configured IP Address for PS4 in the iptable for Class Gaming Row & Gaming Download Row
  • Should I also add the ports that need to be opened in this IPTABLE and mark them as gaming?
  • PlayStation 4 80, 443, 1935, 3478-3480 3074, 3478-3479 (Warzone ps4 Ports)
How have you defined each of these 2 rules to separate Gaming from Game Downloads?

@dave14305 I noticed that after you updated the quantum's my QoS experience seems to be smoother especially online gaming with xbox seems that my connection is way more responsive, for some reason it also seem like everything like downloads and streaming are hitting higher resolution quicker.

For example steam trailers that I've been watching before I buy a game or out of interest, seem to be going into highest quality available, to be honest I'm extremely impressed.
It’s either a placebo effect, or it’s a benefit of no longer capping the quantum at 200,000 bytes at higher rates. I still feel that a minimum quantum of mtu+14 was a good idea (and also implemented in @john9527 tQoS implementation), but since a couple people reported issues afterward, I reverted it in case it was related.

Thanks for the feedback and let me know if the placebo wears off. :)

It’s either a placebo effect, or it’s a benefit of no longer capping the quantum at 200,000 bytes at higher rates. I still feel that a minimum quantum of mtu+14 was a good idea (and also implemented in @john9527 tQoS implementation), but since a couple people reported issues afterward, I reverted it in case it was related.

Thanks for the feedback and let me know if the placebo wears off.

I can only say I agree with him, with the latest version of FlexQoS my dodgy BT line consistently hits triple A+ on dslreports.com now, whereas before on the older versions, without having made any changes since, I would get B maybe A if it was a good run, and never an A+ for bufferbloat before!!

So thank you Dave, the script rocks!

64834717.png

Thanks for the feedback and let me know if the placebo wears off. :)
@dave14305 are you still thinking of adding the minimum quantum mtu+14 in a future release? I can try testing this feature if you wish!

@Dave thank you for you opinion ;-) so you think i should, lets say all settings by the tap Maximum Allowed Bandwidth on 100% or close ? can you explain further what minimum reserved bandwith means/does? so if lets say 10% min reserved bandwith for gaming and no one is gaming i cannot use this bandwith?, does it improve or make data less responsive if there is not enough minimum reserved bandwith?

@Dave just a quick tip for testin latency and stable network connection, just go into any couterstrike global offensive dethmatch server and typ in the console net_graph 1 then you can see all datas server/windows performance and you can feel/see if bufferbloat is happening. It cost only few minutes and you can better optimice your own script because no one knows so much about it^^

Last edited:
so you think i should, lets say all settings by the tap Maximum Allowed Bandwidth on 100% or close
I think they should all be the same value, but you can choose 95% if you like it better than 100% (i.e. your 95% rule).
can you explain further what minimum reserved bandwith means/does?
FreshJR explained it here in Issue 2 Spoiler section:
[Release] FreshJR Adaptive QOS (Improvements / Custom Rules / and Inner workings)
so if lets say 10% min reserved bandwith for gaming and no one is gaming i cannot use this bandwith?
If no one is generating gaming traffic, then the 10% is available to lower priority classes. But as soon as gaming traffic is detected, gaming will always get at least 10% of total bandwidth. This is also why it is important that the sum of all minimum percentages does not exceed 100%, otherwise you will over-allocate your bandwidth in case every class has traffic active at the same time.
just go into any couterstrike global offensive dethmatch server
LOL, I will politely avoid deathmatch-anything.

Last edited:
hey sorry for my bad response but i was going to try to add the game in the right category for about 2-3 hours and i aslo got a important game the same time.I dont know why but i tried your steps again and after restart now it shows all my untracked data from my gaming pc, still as untracked but it shows the right color for the gaming classification. I do still need to set my gaming pc in the static ip so i have set in windows in the ipv4 settings to use specific ip adress or can i also use ip adress is used automatic?
I hope this steps that i have done in the picture are right.

I have unbound installed and as i know my router should be now the dns server so i have set in the same settings in windows the routers login ip adress as the dns server because when i set ip adress not getting automatic i have to put in an dns server is this correct to just put in in dns 1 the router login ip adress ?

Generally the best way for me would be if i can limit some devices max bandwit.

Other devices in our network are smarthpones and ipads

I noticed you're missing the remote port: !80,443 for your Gaming rule!

Heyy thank now it works All as it should i tried with!80, 443 but Jea with the esportal client the game traffic was going through 443.

Without the esportal/faceit client al worked perfect

Is there a way to Limit spezific Devices bandwith?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!