What's new

Release [Fork] Asuswrt-Merlin 374 LTS release 45EC

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I am currently on "374.43_45ECj9527" and all seems to be working ok except for the print server which has stopped working. I reverted back to "374.43_44EAj9527" and the print server works fine.
I took a quick pass through the changes and didn't see anything that was immediately obvious that would affect usb print.
When you say, it stopped working, what exactly are the symptoms? Anything in the syslog?

I took a quick pass through the changes and didn't see anything that was immediately obvious that would affect usb print.
When you say, it stopped working, what exactly are the symptoms? Anything in the syslog?
I use the Asus-Router-Printer-setup-utility "Printer.exe" to identify and connect to my HP G95-(old printer, but works fine). When I am on "374.43_45ECj9527", the Asus "Printer.exe" utility does not see the printer and fails. But when reverted back to "374.43_44EAj9527", Asus "Printer.exe" can see the printer and completes the setup successfully, thus able to print , scan, etc. Please see attached Asus-Router-Printer-Setup-Utility screen-capture.
Asus-Printer-Setup-Utility-screen-capture-01 .jpg
I normally disable all router logs...I could enable it and get them for you, but unfortunately due to UK Covid Tier-3 travel restrictions (starting today,16/12/2020), I am unable go and get hold of the router logs for you.

i currently use my RT-AC66U running the fork firmware as a repeater on the RT-AX88U
rt-AX88U is on channel 11 and 100 and i use the 5ghz as backhaul.

now the RT-AC66U is repeating exact the sdame channels.
for 5Ghz that makes sense but for 2.4Ghz i want to use channel 6
things are not changable from the gui but i know this can be done from the commandline

however when i use
nvram get wl0_chanspec

it comes back with 0 (not 11)
do i need to use another command on mips routers to get and set the wifi channel?

i must say the RT-AC66U with the fork firmware has way better coverage than the RT-AX88U

Hello everyone! First post here, and made an account to thank John and the rest of the Merlin team for the Merlin and Merlin 374 LTS firmware. After a couple of weeks of strange behaviour after updating my RT-AC68U to OEM 386 (wan speeds dropped by half, latency increased by more than 50%) and giving up on downgrades and factory resets (nothing helped), I installed Merlin 374 LTS to the router and boom! speeds back to normal. I like that there are no useless (for me) bells and whistles. I just use my router to connect to my fiber ONT and to provide my homelab external net access, plus Wi-Fi to our phones but I really need the speeds to be stable (transferring datasets often) and i got my performance back. Thanks for the good work!

Hi,

I am using this release and trying to connect from WUMC710 to the wireless router. WUMC710 does not display the RT-AC68U SSID in it's site survey (but sees my neighbors and connects to my ATT router wireless). I saw older posts about configuring reg mode, but that didn't help. How do I get WUMC710 connected?

nvram get wl1_reg_mode
h
nvram get wl0_reg_mode
off
nvram get wl_reg_mode
h

Thanks

trying to connect from WUMC710 to the wireless router. WUMC710 does not display the RT-AC68U SSID in it's site survey
I have one of those myself.....it's so old it depends on deprecated 802.11 specs to work.
Under Wireless > Professional for 5GHz set Regulation mode to 802.11d+h

So new person question... I'm guessing the Asus RT-AC66U can't be used in ai-mesh? I don't see a selection for it in Operation Mode...

So new person question... I'm guessing the Asus RT-AC66U can't be used in ai-mesh? I don't see a selection for it in Operation Mode...
No. This fork doesn't support AiMesh for any model. Even with stock or Merlin's firmware the RT-AC66U doesn't support it. Of course you can still use it as a normal access point or repeater.

@john9527 I've been lagging on updating my RT-N66U, so I gave it a try.
Currently I'm on 44EA and update to the latest stable. That gave problems so I updated to 45EC, which is the next stable after 44EA I'm now using.
Same issue, no WAN connection.

This might be related to some scripts I use, for example to get "Routed IPTV" working. (My ISP does not support bridged anymore.)
I use: init-start, nat-start, services-start, wan-start.

I could not find any Development releases to narrow down on the exact version that starts giving me issues.
The release notes does tell me some stuff changed regarding the scripts.

Can you give any tips to narrow it down why my WAN will not connect?
Edit: I did need to use the "Restore JFFS partition" with my backup file from 44EA.

Last edited:
@Builder71 It would help if you could post the contents of your scripts and also the syslog (pastebin) showing the router booting up and failing to connect to the WAN.

In addition to the syslog...
did you do a reformat of JFFS prior to the restore?
Yes I did reformat before.
syslog I did not save. I can flash again if I have to. (Will give a fight with the family if I do this now.) :)

Last edited:

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!