What's new

Fw feature candidates

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Landhoff

New Around Here
Hi there

I'm fairly new to this. Been running DD-WRT on various Linksys/Cisco routere for the past 6-7 years. Bought my first Asus (RT-AC66U) a couple of weeks ago and have been running it for a little less times.
In general I find the webui much better in the stock fw compared to e.g. native Linksys. But I miss some things. So I uploaded newest RMerlin fw last weekend (...anyway, what was the latest, when I downloaded the fw = 38_2).

I still miss a few things. So RMerlin, May I suggest a couple of enhancements:
For one, I would like the traffic monitor to be configurable in terms of how to display traffic volumes - like Kb/s, KB/s, Mb/s, or MB/s
Secondly, to me it would be very usefull to have the possibility to enable/disable port forwarding for ports individually instead og having to activate it for all ports/ranges or none.

Is this something you would consider for a future release?

Many thanks for the good work so far.

Regards
Landhoff

You can port forward individual ports at the bottom

Yes, I know. But either I have to activate forwarding of all ports or none. I would like to be able to specify forwarding of a number of ports and at the same time be able to set each port forwarding active or inactive.

regards Landhoff

Yes, I know. But either I have to activate forwarding of all ports or none. I would like to be able to specify forwarding of a number of ports and at the same time be able to set each port forwarding active or inactive.

regards Landhoff

E.g. like this...

Attachments

• Skærmbillede 2014-02-08 kl. 17.11.21.jpg
    Skærmbillede 2014-02-08 kl. 17.11.21.jpg
    89.3 KB · Views: 556
Better webui edit features would require some major changes to the way Asus implemented the webui. Not something I intend to do, as it would make it near impossible afterward to keep up with newer Asus releases.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!