What's new

GT-AC2900 with OpenVPN client issues

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

DCVoltZZ

New Around Here
I am a newbee using Asuswrt-Merlin 386.11 ROG and finding it difficult to setup the openVPN client page.. under the original firmware all you had to do is go to the VPN fusion, get the client file OVPN download it naming the client.. and then download the CRT certificate file but that does not seen to be the same on this firmware I had everything setup and working before the firmware change over now it does not work at all... I see no way to delete the original clients nor a way to use the API to clean it up or replace the clients.. should I have used a factory reset b4 the firmware change?? Does the new interface work in anyway of the simplicity the way the original did? When I try to download a new client file it warns me to also download a certification file as well and then it fails... and start from scratch commences... when I tried to copy paste the contents to the cert. page it also fails.. it seems I am either misconfigured or not doing it correctly.... is there a step by step procedure to follow?? Thanks and BTW the rest of the software is great and exactly what I wanted needed
it's just this openVPN thing thats got me hanging.... how about bringing back the VPN fusion interface and then allow adjustments to it?
thanks again
DCH

Last edited: