What's new

help request asus rt n66u n900 merlin

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

teatime

New Around Here
Hi I'm new here.
I bought a asus n66u n900 router last week and it's pretty awesome then i came across this forum and I'd like to use Merlin instead of stock firmware but have a few questions from those that know which is you guys.

I may have missed it but where do i find the latest Merlin firmware for this n66u router?
Once it's been installed do i have to set the router up like it was new just out the box or do i use the login and passwords I already have?
If i don't like the firmware can i just reflash the router back to how it was by going to the asus website and updating it again?
Is it best to update it via wifi or connect a Ethernet cable from laptop to router like when its first set up out of the box?
I read that all I have to do is download the file then use the updater built into the router?
I apologize if these questions seem mundane or 'oh dear another noobie with silly questions' I just need to be pointed in the right direction.
Thank you in advance

You'll find a lot of information (including download links) in this sticky post.

Thank you
I've downloaded what i thought was the latest firmware i unzipped the folder inside that folder is another 30 folders inside that is 11 files most are trx which i understand are what i need to update the router with, am I meant to use all of them or no i find this a bit confusing
Thank you

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    23.6 KB · Views: 295
Thank you
I've downloaded what i thought was the latest firmware i unzipped the folder inside that folder is another 30 folders inside that is 11 files most are trx which i understand are what i need to update the router with, am I meant to use all of them or no i find this a bit confusing
Thank you
Upload only the last one, 380.58.trx in this case

Thank you
Thank you

That's because you downloaded the entire folder instead of just clicking on the latest version within that folder.

Thank you very much for your help.
I managed to successfully install this firmware in 3 minutes 47 seconds it was a perfect install.
Thank you for the time you put in to this project and sharing it with us.