What's new

Hey Voxel, any plans on doing a firmware for NG X8 r8500?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

RebelShadow

Occasional Visitor
Hey Voxel, any plans on doing a firmware for NG X8 r8500? Having issues with new r9000 not being as fast as my r7800 so maybe thinking of switching and giving the r8500 a shot but would probably miss your turbo charged version.

never mind, after some reserch I came to the conclusion that my r7800 would still be better than the r8500. Wish I could get the r9000 to preform up to r7800 standard. R9000 going back to eBay i guess

The R7800 X4S is just one of those keeper routers. With the right firmware it just works !

Hey Voxel, any plans on doing a firmware for NG X8 r8500? Having issues with new r9000 not being as fast as my r7800 so maybe thinking of switching and giving the r8500 a shot but would probably miss your turbo charged version.

Sorry, rather no such plans. R8500 is with Broadcom CPU and chipset. So it is Broadcom's SDK, not so much space for my own changes. And it (SDK) is very different vs R7500, R7800, R9000.

Voxel.

Yep, figured that out. No problem as the r8500 is off my list anyway. Now playing with the R9000 since soneone told me of a fix to set HT160 and get gigwifi working. Any chance of getting the region setting fix incorporated into your firmware for the R9000?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!