What's new

How to fix double NAT issue

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

R1C079

New Around Here
Hello,
I'm not very router savvy so I have a question,
How can I fix Double NAT issue on asus AC68P router? I ask because both my xboxes are not working properly due to double NAT and when I access my router there is a warning that there is a double NAT issue. If you respond please give me a step by step to fix this.
Thank you in advance.

Hello,
How can I fix Double NAT issue on asus AC68P router? I ask because both my xboxes are not working properly due to double NAT and when I access my router there is a warning that there is a double NAT issue. If you respond please give me a step by step to fix this.
Thank you in advance.

Try putting your modem into bridge mode; obviously the instructions would depend on your ISP and/or the modem you’re using.

Hello,
Thank you in advance.
Ok it happened too I had 2 router hooked up together both had a 192.168.1.1 lan ip address in one of the router I changed to 192.168.1.2. Or you can do 192.168.2.2 as long is withen your subnet

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920AZ using Tapatalk

Ok it happened too I had 2 router hooked up together both had a 192.168.1.1 lan ip address in one of the router I changed to 192.168.1.2. Or you can do 192.168.2.2 as long is withen your subnet

If this is really what you did, you have two dhcp servers on the same subnet which is a recipe for disaster.

If this is really what you did, you have two dhcp servers on the same subnet which is a recipe for disaster.

Depends on how the two routers are hooked together. If it is LAN to WAN on the other it’s fine. But it’s still doing NATing and not solving OP’s problem.

All it solved is conflicting IP.

Edit: spelling

Last edited:

I dont have 2 routers... I have a repeater upstairs but the xbox is not hooked up to it. It is hooked up to router. Would having 2Ghz and 5ghz on one router be an issue? I have it under 2 different names...

I dont have that option to disable double NAT. Should I enable Double WAN?

That wasn’t meant for you. That was for someone who was chaining two Asus routers together.

There is no option to disable double NAT.

You don’t need double WAN. What you want is set your ISP modem to bridge mode.