What's new

NAT over VPN?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

MKz71

New Around Here
I have an OpenVPN server on a remote network with a specific device that cannot be simply port forwarded and accessed over the internet. My router is configured with Merlin and I have multiple VPN Clients configured to automatically send all network traffic from specific endpoints over these VPN connections. What I was wondering is, is there a way to do some sort of NAT where a local IP address for me is translated to the remote device's IP address routed over a VPN connection? I don't know if what I am asking makes sense or not. Lets say my network is 192.168.1.0/24 and the remote network is 192.168.86.0/24... I want to be able to access 192.168.86.XX directly on my network. I just want to be able to directly access this resource from any device on my network directly through the VPN tunnel in my router without having to join an individual device to the VPN with it's own client. Is this possible? Any direction would be greatly appreciated.

I have an OpenVPN server on a remote network with a specific device that cannot be simply port forwarded and accessed over the internet. My router is configured with Merlin and I have multiple VPN Clients configured to automatically send all network traffic from specific endpoints over these VPN connections. What I was wondering is, is there a way to do some sort of NAT where a local IP address for me is translated to the remote device's IP address routed over a VPN connection? I don't know if what I am asking makes sense or not. Lets say my network is 192.168.1.0/24 and the remote network is 192.168.86.0/24... I want to be able to access 192.168.86.XX directly on my network. I just want to be able to directly access this resource from any device on my network directly through the VPN tunnel in my router without having to join an individual device to the VPN with it's own client. Is this possible? Any direction would be greatly appreciated.
It seems that I can just do it in VPN Director just like all the other endpoints I am redirecting. I still wish I could implement a translation to my network IP addresses, but I guess this will suffice unless anyone has any ideas?