What's new

How to separate one lan port using the VLAN method ?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Avi16000

New Around Here
I'm using Asus GT-AXE16000

What I'm trying to achieve is to connect the outdoor Access Point to the Lan port 3 interface and separate that Lan from accessing the other resources on my network.

I'm tried to follow up on the following guide - but no luck, it didn't work. I was able to separate the LAN interface, but I couldn't get an IP address to any interface on bh0 or bh1.

I don't know if it is allowed, but if someone will be able to guide me on how to achieve that, I'm also willing to pay for the help.

by the way, it would be amazing to achieve that by the wifi interface (outside of the Guest network)

Thank you in advance for your help

I'm using Asus GT-AXE16000

What I'm trying to achieve is to connect the outdoor Access Point to the Lan port 3 interface and separate that Lan from accessing the other resources on my network.

I'm tried to follow up on the following guide - but no luck, it didn't work. I was able to separate the LAN interface, but I couldn't get an IP address to any interface on bh0 or bh1.

I don't know if it is allowed, but if someone will be able to guide me on how to achieve that, I'm also willing to pay for the help.

by the way, it would be amazing to achieve that by the wifi interface (outside of the Guest network)

Thank you in advance for your help

If your router is HND based and doesn't support "robocfg" it is a bit more difficult and involved, but can be done.

There are a few threads here already, see this one (and the links within it) for some ideas on where to start