What's new

Immediately forcing DDNS update

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

That's a pretty ancient version of the firmware. Things have changed quite a lot since then so this is only a guess, but try:
Code:
service restart_ddns

Simply pressing Apply on the DDNS GUI page might achieve the same thing.

Screenshot 2023-12-23 at 7.58.16 AM.png

That's a pretty ancient version of the firmware. Things have changed quite a lot since then so this is only a guess, but try:
Code:
service restart_ddns

Simply pressing Apply on the DDNS GUI page might achieve the same thing.
DDNS indicates "Unable to connect to the Internet": leaving me to wonder why?

@ColinTaylor: Thank you for the reply. Router replies "Done." to Terminal command.

ISSUE: nslookup does not return the WAN IP in the photo. I suspect this is because of the "Unable to connect to the internet" error message. Devices on the router are able to connect to the internet. Odd that the router returns said error message

Last edited:
The error message can be misleading. Looking at the source code you'll get that message if the DDNS update returns a "connect_fail" state. So that could be any number of non-specific error conditions. It's possible that asuscomm's DDNS service is temporarily offline or no longer compatible with that firmware.

P.S. That firmware has a number of known and exploited security vulnerabilities so I hope that you're not exposing any router services to the internet (other than possibly an OpenVPN server).

P.P.S Are there any more clues in the router's System Log?