1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

Is there a way to open a port via the WebUI for a server running on the router itself?

Discussion in 'Asuswrt-Merlin' started by Quenlinlom, Feb 21, 2020.

1. Quenlinlom

Quenlinlom New Around Here

I've installed Tor via Entware and I wish to run it as a non-exit relay. For that I need to open ports 9001 and 9030.

I've been fiddling with the Port Forwarding page with no luck so far. For the "internal IP" I've tried both 192.168.1.1 and 127.0.0.1 but to no avail. The inbound packets either get dropped or get routed to nowhere.

A similar setup would work if I run Tor on my PC instead of the router, and then forward to my PC's IP, but I really want to do all that on the router itself. Is it possible? Do I have to do some manual iptables fiddling instead of using the WebUI?

[​IMG]

2. Zirescu

Zirescu Very Senior Member