What's new

Its back....

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

flyboynm

Regular Contributor
My R7800 worked fine for a few weeks but my wife just commented it is now disconnecting for her all the time and the SSID for the various networks disappears from the connection choices on her laptop. I hadn't had that problem because I was using a wired connection. To test it, I started using wireless again and have the same problem as her.

Suggestions on how to fix this issue? I have factory reset the router after flashing the latest version of firmware (V1.0.2.40) and it didn't fix it. I downgraded firmware to V1.0.2.32, did the factory reset afterwards and it still happens.

Maybe I should try Voxel's firmware and see if that fixes the issue. Does anyone have a step-by-step guide on flashing/setting up a R7800 with their firmware?

My R7800 worked fine for a few weeks but my wife just commented it is now disconnecting for her all the time and the SSID for the various networks disappears from the connection choices on her laptop. I hadn't had that problem because I was using a wired connection. To test it, I started using wireless again and have the same problem as her.

Suggestions on how to fix this issue? I have factory reset the router after flashing the latest version of firmware (V1.0.2.40) and it didn't fix it. I downgraded firmware to V1.0.2.32, did the factory reset afterwards and it still happens.

Maybe I should try Voxel's firmware and see if that fixes the issue. Does anyone have a step-by-step guide on flashing/setting up a R7800 with their firmware?
Flash as normal for voxel
Nothing special

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Flash as normal for voxel
Nothing special

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Since you were on the OEM firmware, I recommend that you reset the router to to factory default settings and then set your router settings as required. A factory reset is not needed for future upgrades of Voxel's excellent firmware.

Since you were on the OEM firmware, I recommend that you reset the router to to factory default settings and then set your router settings as required. A factory reset is not needed for future upgrades of Voxel's excellent firmware.

Thank you! Going to give it a shot tonight.

Google starting pushing a Google Play Service update to resolve the issue.

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!