1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

Its back....

Discussion in 'NETGEAR AC / AX Wireless' started by flyboynm, Jan 13, 2018.

1. flyboynm

flyboynm Occasional Visitor

My R7800 worked fine for a few weeks but my wife just commented it is now disconnecting for her all the time and the SSID for the various networks disappears from the connection choices on her laptop. I hadn't had that problem because I was using a wired connection. To test it, I started using wireless again and have the same problem as her.

Suggestions on how to fix this issue? I have factory reset the router after flashing the latest version of firmware (V1.0.2.40) and it didn't fix it. I downgraded firmware to V1.0.2.32, did the factory reset afterwards and it still happens.

Maybe I should try Voxel's firmware and see if that fixes the issue. Does anyone have a step-by-step guide on flashing/setting up a R7800 with their firmware?

2. Please support SNBForums! Just click on this link before you buy something from Amazon and we'll get a small commission on anything you buy. Thanks!
  3. deweyii

deweyii Occasional Visitor

Flash as normal for voxel
    Nothing special

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

4. rbird2

rbird2 Regular Contributor

Since you were on the OEM firmware, I recommend that you reset the router to to factory default settings and then set your router settings as required. A factory reset is not needed for future upgrades of Voxel's excellent firmware.

5. flyboynm

Thank you very much!

6. flyboynm

Thank you! Going to give it a shot tonight.

7. mreg376

mreg376 Occasional Visitor

8. RMerlin

RMerlin Super Moderator

Google starting pushing a Google Play Service update to resolve the issue.

rbird2 likes this.
Please support SNBForums! Just click on this link before you buy something from Amazon and we'll get a small commission on anything you buy. Thanks!