What's new

Kamoj Kamoj Add-on 5.1 Beta testing poll

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Do you want to beta test Kamoj add-on v5.1b1?

• No, I don't trust 3rd party software

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I don't use the Voxel firmware

• No, I don't like your add-on

• Total voters
??? Have you tried to select "Download Latest Version"? I never used 0.98...
I had done, yes.
But when I go into the AdGuard Home menu that appears at the bottom of the Kamoj Menu on the left, it takes you to the separate AdGuard Home page itself - where you actually use the app and configure it how you want. You log in using username 'x' and password 'x'
On there it says v0.98 which is why I mentioned it.

It may be my system.
I've now uninstalled it and removed all configuration, but now I need to completely set it up from scratch (your Beta already had it configured and set up to just enable) - so I'll go through it over the weekend. It doesn't tell you the installed version number until it's all set up and you load it up so I can't tell for certain which version it installs.

Last edited:
I had done, yes.
But when I go into the AdGuard Home menu that appears at the bottom of the Kamoj Menu on the left, it takes you to the separate AdGuard Home page itself - where you actually use the app and configure it how you want. You log in using username 'x' and password 'x'
On there it says v0.98 which is why I mentioned it.

It may be my system.
I've now uninstalled it and removed all configuration, but now I need to completely set it up from scratch (your Beta already had it configured and set up to just enable) - so I'll go through it over the weekend. It doesn't tell you the installed version number until it's all set up and you load it up so I can't tell for certain which version it installs.

Interesting. I finally got a chance to try AdGuard on my system again, It would not install/start although the add-on would refresh each time I hit install or "start" AdGuard.- but there would be nothing in the log other than the fact I hit the button, The Info page would say Adguard is installed in nvram but not running.

I looked for the file and config on my system but could not find them, It appears they were not downloading when I clicked the download button (?). I had to manually download AdGuard (to /opt/kamoj/addons/ ) as mentioned by R. Gerrits. Once I finished setup, Adguard has been running just fine. I still get the same DNS failure messages that I did with DNSCrypt...then again I am running the same servers on AdGuard that I ran on DNSCrypt and haven't tried different ones yet.

BL

I decided to completely uninstall Kamoj 5.3b25, remove all config files and start again.
I reinstalled it again.
In the I then clicked download latest version button for AdGuard and ticked install (although you don't get any indication that either button has actually done anything).
I then selected AdGuard rather than 'none'.
The screen refreshed and AdGuard was back installed and pre-configured how you had set it up.

(I didn't want to start from a fresh install and configure it myself, which is what happens when you erase the config files, which is why I uninstalled and reinstalled the beta, so I got your config files).

AdGuard Home is now showing v0.103.3

(AdGuard Home support have also helped me unblock the NordVPN from being blocked from loading)

I don't know what happened before.
I also agree with Blueliner's comments about clicking the 'download latest version button'.
I can't tell if it actually does anything, as the screen doesn't change or refresh, nothing pops up.
You get no indication it's done anything and I can't see anything in the logs.
Same when you tick/until the install button.

I'm not sure if this is normal and I can't check it now because it's currently on the latest version.

Thanks.
The beta does seem to be running correctly and as it should now.

I highly recommend AdGuard Home.
It has its own separate GUI page where you get full and clear setup, options and monitoring.
You can see in real-time what is being blocked so it's easy to unblock anything you need.

Last edited:
Changes in kamoj-addon beta version 5.3b26
--------------------------------------------------
- DNS Privacy/Ad-Blocking: AdGuard Home: Added: Kamoj Install + start / stop logs added to
AdGuard Home log file. (@danlat1415 @blueliner)
- DNS Privacy/Ad-Blocking: AdGuard Home: Added: Extended logging
Sets logging level to verbose
- DNS Privacy/Ad-Blocking: AdGuard Home: Added: Display update available on top of AdGuard page.
- DNS Privacy/Ad-Blocking: AdGuard Home: Added: Added 2 links to DNS Filter/Encryption for AdGuard Home.
- DNS Privacy/Ad-Blocking: Added: Connection Supervision: Extended logging
- Settings: Start & Connection Supervision Log: Added Erase button
- Minor fixes

Hello,

I installed 5.3b26 early yesterday. Overnight the router appears to have rebooted (likely a "power blip" from thunderstorms?). Other than that one episode, the internet connection has been solid - as it was on 5.3b25. I really haven't had any connectivity problems since the net-lan bug was fixed. I still do see the add-on supervisor detecting ongoing DNS failures and service restarts (if activated). Typically it wants to restart DNSMasq?

On both 5.3b25 and 5.3b26; I have tried several configurations to see if there is any connectivity difference between auto-restarts of services on/off and DNS service used (AdGuard/DNSCrypt/"nothing" while using public resolvers. Other than the supervisor messaging and its restart actions I can't tell any difference (except for one loss of OpenVPN when restarts were off, and OpenVPN could not restart). Discounting that one time, all devices operate normally and DNS look-ups are are working OK even when DNS failures are reported.

A few thoughts on what I've seen the past couple of days:

1. The internet/OpenVPN connection has been really solid since the net-lan bug was fixed. The reliability of my network has been great and is on-par with my other network!

2. It appears to me that most of the detected DNS failures must be false - otherwise wouldn't I be seeing some problem on the network when auto-restart of services is off?

3. I don't think the detected DNS failures are due to long ping times. I switched kamoj_ping_www and kamoj_ping_ip to my local server and pihole ip so times are good. But I still get DNS failures (tried Google and Open NIC too). I don't think anyone else is seeing these DNS failure issues, so I plan to delete the add-on and its configs and start with a fresh install (when I get time in the next day or two).

4. I had problems installing AdGuardHome again. The file would not download on 5.3b25 and 5.3b26. Installing manually worked. After that, the download latest version button would in fact download the latest version onto the add-on. I assume something was corrupted in my system at some point and the manual install fixed it??? Anyway, its working now!

I've attached some log files. I will let you know if the fresh install corrects the ongoing DNS failures. I'm feeling really good about 5.3b26 - thank you Kamoj!

BL

Attachments

• OVPN_log4.txt
    20.4 KB · Views: 110
  • Supervisor_log4.txt
    53.4 KB · Views: 112
  • Supervison_log5.txt
    27.2 KB · Views: 92
2. It appears to me that most of the detected DNS failures must be false - otherwise wouldn't I be seeing some problem on the network when auto-restart of services is off?

3. I don't think the detected DNS failures are due to long ping times. I switched kamoj_ping_www and kamoj_ping_ip to my local server and pihole ip so times are good. But I still get DNS failures (tried Google and Open NIC too). I don't think anyone else is seeing these DNS failure issues, so I plan to delete the add-on and its configs and start with a fresh install (when I get time in the next day or two).

two things I notice on my end:

After enabling the extended logging for the connection supervision, (located in the DNS Privacy section) I don't get any issues with the dns_check function.

But I guess this check depends on a lot of variables. (like which public DNS servers you are have configured on your router, whether or not your VPN provider would allow access to those DNS servers, and whether or not killswitch might interfere with connectivity to those DNS servers.)
@blueliner I guess you could try doing /usr/bin/nslookup google.com localhost from an SSH session to see what that does.

Addon seems to use this function to check if DNS is functioning:
Code:
     ping_www_is_ok () { ping -c1 -s1 "$WWW_FOR_TEST" 2>/dev/null |grep "1 packets received" -A1 && nslookup "$WWW_FOR_TEST" localhost; }
Shouldn't it only test via nslookup, as ping would also test connectivity and not only name resolution?
or test if the ping output does not contain "Unknown host"

And, just a longshot, as it should not happen because you define the path in the beginning of the script.
But I do notice this strange behavior with entware installed:
Code:
root@R7800:~$ /usr/bin/nslookup google.com localhost
Server:  1.0.0.1
Address: 1.0.0.1 one.one.one.one

Name:    google.com
Address: 2a00:1450:400e:80c::200e ams16s32-in-x0e.1e100.net
Address: 172.217.168.238 ams15s40-in-f14.1e100.net

root@R7800:~$ /opt/bin/nslookup google.com localhost
Server:    127.0.0.1
Address 1: 127.0.0.1 localhost

nslookup: can't resolve 'google.com': Temporary failure in name resolution
So if for some reason the supervision code would start to use the entware nslookup instead of the firmware, then also it would report an error.

Hello,

I installed 5.3b26 early yesterday. Overnight the router appears to have rebooted (likely a "power blip" from thunderstorms?). Other than that one episode, the internet connection has been solid - as it was on 5.3b25. I really haven't had any connectivity problems since the net-lan bug was fixed. I still do see the add-on supervisor detecting ongoing DNS failures and service restarts (if activated). Typically it wants to restart DNSMasq?

On both 5.3b25 and 5.3b26; I have tried several configurations to see if there is any connectivity difference between auto-restarts of services on/off and DNS service used (AdGuard/DNSCrypt/"nothing" while using public resolvers. Other than the supervisor messaging and its restart actions I can't tell any difference (except for one loss of OpenVPN when restarts were off, and OpenVPN could not restart). Discounting that one time, all devices operate normally and DNS look-ups are are working OK even when DNS failures are reported.

1. The internet/OpenVPN connection has been really solid since the net-lan bug was fixed. The reliability of my network has been great and is on-par with my other network!

4. I had problems installing AdGuardHome again. The file would not download on 5.3b25 and 5.3b26. Installing manually worked. After that, the download latest version button would in fact download the latest version onto the add-on. I assume something was corrupted in my system at some point and the manual install fixed it??? Anyway, its working now!

I've attached some log files. I will let you know if the fresh install corrects the ongoing DNS failures. I'm feeling really good about 5.3b26 - thank you Kamoj!

BL

Hello,

i'm having also issue that router is suddenly restarting. it looks like because of 100% CPU and high temperature. i would like to process with config erase also. can you share how to do it properly? Thank You

I suggest you read the FAQ.
That is the least I expect, from a beta tester.
Hello,

i'm having also issue that router is suddenly restarting. it looks like because of 100% CPU and high temperature. i would like to process with config erase also. can you share how to do it properly? Thank You

With a connection that have ping times of around 1000 ms, this is expected.
Actually the ping to an address consist of both a DNS lookup and a ping.
Suggest you just switch off all supervision.

Your AdGuard Home install problem is probably also because your slow internet/conection,
or that time is not set at install.
The install/download just times out.
It should be seen in the new adguard-log for 5.3b26, that you have not provided.
Hello,

BL

Last edited:
With a connection that have ping times of around 1000 ms, this is expected.
Actually the ping to an address consist of both a DNS lookup and a ping.
Suggest you just switch off all supervision.

Your AdGuard Home install problem is probably also because your slow internet/conection,
or that time is not set at install.
The install/download just times out.
It should be seen in the new adguard-log for 5.3b26, that you have not provided.

Hello,

Sorry, I must have forgotten to mention the AdGuard log... I did not notice any log entries prior to the manual install, other than a message indicating when I would try to start or stop AdGuard Home. For example I would see this: "adguard terminated by operator trigged addon", but nothing about attempted downloads/installs.

After I manually installed AdGuard home, it is running well and there are numerous log entries, all of which are from routine operations. Perhaps it is just my slow connection after all? Everything is running great since I manually installed AdGuard Home. DNS/OpenVPN have had zero disconnects or other issues since my previous message. I am still running the pings to my pihole server to eliminate the really long ping-times. Don't know if that makes a difference but I plan to switch back to pinging Google to find out.

Thanks,
BL

two things I notice on my end:

After enabling the extended logging for the connection supervision, (located in the DNS Privacy section) I don't get any issues with the dns_check function.

But I guess this check depends on a lot of variables. (like which public DNS servers you are have configured on your router, whether or not your VPN provider would allow access to those DNS servers, and whether or not killswitch might interfere with connectivity to those DNS servers.)
@blueliner I guess you could try doing /usr/bin/nslookup google.com localhost from an SSH session to see what that does.

Addon seems to use this function to check if DNS is functioning:
Code:
     ping_www_is_ok () { ping -c1 -s1 "$WWW_FOR_TEST" 2>/dev/null |grep "1 packets received" -A1 && nslookup "$WWW_FOR_TEST" localhost; }
Shouldn't it only test via nslookup, as ping would also test connectivity and not only name resolution?
or test if the ping output does not contain "Unknown host"

And, just a longshot, as it should not happen because you define the path in the beginning of the script.
But I do notice this strange behavior with entware installed:
Code:
root@R7800:~$ /usr/bin/nslookup google.com localhost
Server:  1.0.0.1
Address: 1.0.0.1 one.one.one.one

Address: 2a00:1450:400e:80c::200e ams16s32-in-x0e.1e100.net
Address: 172.217.168.238 ams15s40-in-f14.1e100.net

root@R7800:~$ /opt/bin/nslookup google.com localhost
Server:    127.0.0.1
Address 1: 127.0.0.1 localhost

nslookup: can't resolve 'google.com': Temporary failure in name resolution
So if for some reason the supervision code would start to use the entware nslookup instead of the firmware, then also it would report an error.

Hello,

Good observation about the extended logging and supervisor messages - thank you. I have extended logging activated too and don't see any issues with the DNS check function now either. I was thinking it was due to my pinging a local server to eliminate the long ping times but maybe not.

I think I get what you're saying about the ping/nslookup. I tried nslookup as you suggested and it seems OK to me (attached).

Best wishes,
BL

Attachments

• Screenshot_2020-08-11_13-56-38.png
    Screenshot_2020-08-11_13-56-38.png
    98.8 KB · Views: 93
getting few problems per day when Adguard is activate. unable to surf for a while and getting high cpu with high temperature. i have already fresh installed and remove all config.

1597323747877.png

i have the sensation that adguard is going in "sleep mode" and as soon some web requests are coming it's taking sometime to wakelock.

Last edited:
I suggest you read the FAQ regarding temperature.
Maybe you can find important information in the FAQ!

But I'm surprised, normally at high load the Router Information page gets timeout and can not be displayed.
Also note that AdGuard as well as Stubby/DNSCrypt is very depending on your settings.

If possible show the "top" command (Settings) output to see what is causing the load.
getting few problems per day when Adguard is activate. unable to surf for a while and getting high cpu with high temperature. i have already fresh installed and remove all config.

View attachment 25391

i have the sensation that adguard is going in "sleep mode" and as soon some web requests are coming it's taking sometime to wakelock.

I suggest you read the FAQ regarding temperature.
Maybe you can find important information in the FAQ!

But I'm surprised, normally at high load the Router Information page gets timeout and can not be displayed.
Also note that AdGuard as well as Stubby/DNSCrypt is very depending on your settings.

If possible show the "top" command (Settings) output to see what is causing the load.

Hello Sir,

tnx for a fast reply. i'm not using any settings so beside AdGuard everything is default:
as i told you it seems it is happing after sometime that internet activity is low. as you can see below no much CPU utilization right now and temperature is good, but the sleep activity i guess it's impacting AdGuard "wakelock"

Mem: 340428K used, 143096K free, 0K shrd, 11524K buff, 75572K cached
Load average: 4.63 4.51 4.69
_PID USER _ _ STATUS _ RSS _PPID %CPU %MEM COMMAND
7305 root _ _ S _ _ _36680 _ _ 1 _3.5 _7.5 AdGuardHome
6590 root _ _ S _ _ _ _316 _ _ 1 _2.0 _0.0 busybox
8317 root _ _ SW _ _ _ _ 0 _ _ 2 _2.0 _0.0 kworker/0:3
28633 root _ _ R _ _ _ _412 28365 _0.5 _0.0 top
31665 root _ _ S _ _ _ _312 _ _ 1 _0.5 _0.0 sbnoded
12720 root _ _ S _ _ _ _300 _ _ 1 _0.5 _0.0 traffic_meter
32208 root _ _ S N _ _22796 _ _ 1 _0.0 _4.7 drflocs
6448 root _ _ S _ _ _14752 _ _ 1 _0.0 _3.0 minidlna
32189 root _ _ S _ _ _ 6076 _ _ 1 _0.0 _1.2 overlord
32230 root _ _ S _ _ _ 4720 _ _ 1 _0.0 _0.9 p0f
31590 root _ _ S _ _ _ 4016 _ _ 1 _0.0 _0.8 redis-server
31660 root _ _ S _ _ _ 3180 _ _ 1 _0.0 _0.6 sead
24873 root _ _ S _ _ _ 2296 _ _ 1 _0.0 _0.4 access-patrol
4317 root _ _ S _ _ _ 1576 _6413 _0.0 _0.3 smbd
13129 root _ _ S _ _ _ 1484 _6413 _0.0 _0.3 smbd
24866 root _ _ S _ _ _ 1408 24862 _0.0 _0.2 kwilt-index
4819 root _ _ S _ _ _ 1328 _4799 _0.0 _0.2 xagent
28365 root _ _ S _ _ _ 1208 28316 _0.0 _0.2 kamoj.sh
7454 root _ _ S _ _ _ 1200 _7450 _0.0 _0.2 php-cgi
7621 root _ _ S _ _ _ 1188 _7454 _0.0 _0.2 php-cgi
7623 root _ _ S _ _ _ 1188 _7454 _0.0 _0.2 php-cgi
7622 root _ _ S _ _ _ 1188 _7454 _0.0 _0.2 php-cgi
7624 root _ _ S _ _ _ 1188 _7454 _0.0 _0.2 php-cgi
8368 root _ _ S _ _ _ _912 _ _ 1 _0.0 _0.1 hostapd
1922 root _ _ S _ _ _ _860 _ _ 1 _0.0 _0.1 haveged
6542 root _ _ S _ _ _ _856 _ _ 1 _0.0 _0.1 hostapd
7051 guest _ _S _ _ _ _812 _ _ 1 _0.0 _0.1 dnsmasq
8210 root _ _ S _ _ _ _708 _ _ 1 _0.0 _0.1 nmbd
6413 root _ _ S _ _ _ _696 _ _ 1 _0.0 _0.1 smbd
8426 root _ _ S _ _ _ _664 _ _ 1 _0.0 _0.1 avahi-daemon
32267 root _ _ S _ _ _ _636 _ _ 1 _0.0 _0.1 ozker
22482 root _ _ S _ _ _ _616 _ _ 1 _0.0 _0.1 aws-iot
32175 root _ _ S _ _ _ _584 _ _ 1 _0.0 _0.1 qdiscman
7536 root _ _ S _ _ _ _568 _ _ 1 _0.0 _0.1 addon_info_upda
7539 root _ _ S _ _ _ _568 _ _ 1 _0.0 _0.1 addon_info_upda
7537 root _ _ S _ _ _ _528 _ _ 1 _0.0 _0.1 addon_info_upda
4811 root _ _ S _ _ _ _520 _ _ 1 _0.0 _0.1 uhttpd
7541 root _ _ S _ _ _ _516 _ _ 1 _0.0 _0.1 addon_info_upda
8764 root _ _ S _ _ _ _516 _ _ 1 _0.0 _0.1 lbd
24862 root _ _ S _ _ _ _496 _ _ 1 _0.0 _0.1 kwilt-index
31740 root _ _ S _ _ _ _492 _ _ 1 _0.0 _0.1 sbmacouid
28316 root _ _ S _ _ _ _488 _4811 _0.0 _0.1 kamoj.cgi
1346 root _ _ S _ _ _ _468 _ _ 1 _0.0 _0.0 datalib
1614 root _ _ S _ _ _ _432 _ _ 1 _0.0 _0.0 hotplug2
15730 root _ _ S _ _ _ _428 _ _ 1 _0.0 _0.0 addons.sh
31810 root _ _ S _ _ _ _392 _ _ 1 _0.0 _0.0 dhcp-lease-filt
16178 root _ _ S _ _ _ _392 _ _ 1 _0.0 _0.0 console_log.sh
16177 root _ _ S _ _ _ _392 _ _ 1 _0.0 _0.0 basic_log.sh
7450 root _ _ S _ _ _ _380 _ _ 1 _0.0 _0.0 lighttpd
5735 root _ _ S _ _ _ _364 _ _ 1 _0.0 _0.0 netconn.sh
32184 root _ _ S _ _ _ _364 _ _ 1 _0.0 _0.0 flowmark
5646 root _ _ S _ _ _ _360 _ _ 1 _0.0 _0.0 syslogd
2644 root _ _ S _ _ _ _360 _ _ 1 _0.0 _0.0 udhcpd
17744 root _ _ S _ _ _ _360 _ _ 1 _0.0 _0.0 crond
17728 root _ _ S _ _ _ _360 _ _ 1 _0.0 _0.0 crond
17752 root _ _ S _ _ _ _360 _ _ 1 _0.0 _0.0 crond
13567 root _ _ S _ _ _ _360 _ _ 1 _0.0 _0.0 crond
1023 root _ _ S _ _ _ _356 _ _ 1 _0.0 _0.0 miniupnpd
6317 root _ _ S _ _ _ _348 _ _ 1 _0.0 _0.0 check_status.sh
9785 root _ _ S _ _ _ _348 _ _ 1 _0.0 _0.0 check_time_mach
31624 root _ _ S _ _ _ _340 _ _ 1 _0.0 _0.0 sbsaved
7091 root _ _ S _ _ _ _332 _7078 _0.0 _0.0 ld-uClibc.so.0
4369 root _ _ S _ _ _ _332 _ _ 1 _0.0 _0.0 net-scan
31779 root _ _ S _ _ _ _332 _ _ 1 _0.0 _0.0 jigglyp0f
17736 root _ _ S _ _ _ _332 _ _ 1 _0.0 _0.0 crond
5919 root _ _ S _ _ _ _328 _ _ 1 _0.0 _0.0 KC_PRINT
29758 root _ _ S _ _ _ _328 _ _ 1 _0.0 _0.0 ra_check
17720 root _ _ S _ _ _ _324 _ _ 1 _0.0 _0.0 crond
17712 root _ _ S _ _ _ _324 _ _ 1 _0.0 _0.0 crond
5706 root _ _ S _ _ _ _324 _ _ 1 _0.0 _0.0 crond
4799 root _ _ S _ _ _ _320 _ _ 1 _0.0 _0.0 xagent
5918 root _ _ S _ _ _ _316 _ _ 1 _0.0 _0.0 KC_BONJOUR
16179 root _ _ S _ _ _ _316 _ _ 1 _0.0 _0.0 wireless_log.sh
31670 root _ _ S _ _ _ _308 _ _ 1 _0.0 _0.0 nodedetectd
14990 root _ _ S _ _ _ _308 16177 _0.0 _0.0 sleep
22328 root _ _ S _ _ _ _308 _6317 _0.0 _0.0 sleep
24697 root _ _ S _ _ _ _308 _9785 _0.0 _0.0 sleep
28930 root _ _ S _ _ _ _308 16178 _0.0 _0.0 sleep
26192 root _ _ S _ _ _ _308 15730 _0.0 _0.0 sleep
28269 root _ _ S _ _ _ _308 _5735 _0.0 _0.0 sleep
11741 root _ _ S _ _ _ _308 16179 _0.0 _0.0 sleep
27698 root _ _ S _ _ _ _308 _7541 _0.0 _0.0 sleep
28279 root _ _ S _ _ _ _308 _7537 _0.0 _0.0 sleep
26609 root _ _ S _ _ _ _308 _7539 _0.0 _0.0 sleep
27430 root _ _ S _ _ _ _308 _7536 _0.0 _0.0 sleep
5816 root _ _ S _ _ _ _300 _ _ 1 _0.0 _0.0 traffic_meter
28634 root _ _ S _ _ _ _292 28365 _0.0 _0.0 usleep
32196 root _ _ S _ _ _ _284 _ _ 1 _0.0 _0.0 flowman
32201 root _ _ S _ _ _ _284 _ _ 1 _0.0 _0.0 cape
7078 root _ _ S _ _ _ _284 _ _ 1 _0.0 _0.0 ld-uClibc.so.0
31705 root _ _ S _ _ _ _280 _ _ 1 _0.0 _0.0 sbnamed
8371 root _ _ S _ _ _ _272 _ _ 1 _0.0 _0.0 hostapd_cli
1321 root _ _ S _ _ _ _264 _1318 _0.0 _0.0 logger
9806 root _ _ S _ _ _ _264 _ _ 1 _0.0 _0.0 icqm
6650 root _ _ S _ _ _ _260 _ _ 1 _0.0 _0.0 hostapd_cli
4808 root _ _ S _ _ _ _260 _ _ 1 _0.0 _0.0 uhttpd
5211 root _ _ S _ _ _ _256 _ _ 1 _0.0 _0.0 ntpclient
_ _1 root _ _ S _ _ _ _248 _ _ 0 _0.0 _0.0 init
1343 root _ _ S _ _ _ _236 _ _ 1 _0.0 _0.0 klogd
4828 root _ _ S _ _ _ _236 _ _ 1 _0.0 _0.0 acld
8283 root _ _ S _ _ _ _232 _ _ 1 _0.0 _0.0 dbus-daemon
4373 root _ _ S _ _ _ _228 _ _ 1 _0.0 _0.0 lld2d
4813 root _ _ S _ _ _ _224 _ _ 1 _0.0 _0.0 inetd
2011 root _ _ S _ _ _ _208 _ _ 1 _0.0 _0.0 detcable
5767 root _ _ S _ _ _ _200 _ _ 1 _0.0 _0.0 ntgrddns
1839 root _ _ S _ _ _ _192 _ _ 1 _0.0 _0.0 ubusd
18449 root _ _ S _ _ _ _180 _ _ 1 _0.0 _0.0 greendownload
1318 root _ _ S _ _ _ _176 _ _ 1 _0.0 _0.0 rcS
1378 root _ _ S _ _ _ _168 _ _ 1 _0.0 _0.0 watchdog
7620 root _ _ S _ _ _ _164 _ _ 1 _0.0 _0.0 utelnetd
1326 root _ _ S _ _ _ _164 _ _ 1 _0.0 _0.0 init
6435 root _ _ S _ _ _ _156 _ _ 1 _0.0 _0.0 dropbear
7370 root _ _ S _ _ _ _152 _ _ 1 _0.0 _0.0 klogd
4829 root _ _ S _ _ _ _144 _ _ 1 _0.0 _0.0 aclhijackdns
5734 root _ _ S _ _ _ _124 _ _ 1 _0.0 _0.0 potval
6275 root _ _ S _ _ _ _120 _ _ 1 _0.0 _0.0 telnetenable
28925 root _ _ S _ _ _ _112 _6590 _0.0 _0.0 sleep

Sorry, I'm not familiar with your "wakelock".
If it's connected to AdGuard, try their forums to get help.

If you worry about high temp (I think you should, before frying the router), please read the FAQ.

Also if you don't use them; disable/off traffic_meter and torrent client etc

Hello Sir,

tnx for a fast reply. i'm not using any settings so beside AdGuard everything is default:
as i told you it seems it is happing after sometime that internet activity is low. as you can see below no much CPU utilization right now and temperature is good, but the sleep activity i guess it's impacting AdGuard "wakelock"

Mem: 340428K used, 143096K free, 0K shrd, 11524K buff, 75572K cached
Load average: 4.63 4.51 4.69
_PID USER _ _ STATUS _ RSS _PPID %CPU %MEM COMMAND
7305 root _ _ S _ _ _36680 _ _ 1 _3.5 _7.5 AdGuardHome
6590 root _ _ S _ _ _ _316 _ _ 1 _2.0 _0.0 busybox
8317 root _ _ SW _ _ _ _ 0 _ _ 2 _2.0 _0.0 kworker/0:3
28633 root _ _ R _ _ _ _412 28365 _0.5 _0.0 top
31665 root _ _ S _ _ _ _312 _ _ 1 _0.5 _0.0 sbnoded
12720 root _ _ S _ _ _ _300 _ _ 1 _0.5 _0.0 traffic_meter
32208 root _ _ S N _ _22796 _ _ 1 _0.0 _4.7 drflocs
6448 root _ _ S _ _ _14752 _ _ 1 _0.0 _3.0 minidlna
32189 root _ _ S _ _ _ 6076 _ _ 1 _0.0 _1.2 overlord
32230 root _ _ S _ _ _ 4720 _ _ 1 _0.0 _0.9 p0f
31590 root _ _ S _ _ _ 4016 _ _ 1 _0.0 _0.8 redis-server
31660 root _ _ S _ _ _ 3180 _ _ 1 _0.0 _0.6 sead
24873 root _ _ S _ _ _ 2296 _ _ 1 _0.0 _0.4 access-patrol
4317 root _ _ S _ _ _ 1576 _6413 _0.0 _0.3 smbd
13129 root _ _ S _ _ _ 1484 _6413 _0.0 _0.3 smbd
24866 root _ _ S _ _ _ 1408 24862 _0.0 _0.2 kwilt-index
4819 root _ _ S _ _ _ 1328 _4799 _0.0 _0.2 xagent
28365 root _ _ S _ _ _ 1208 28316 _0.0 _0.2 kamoj.sh
7454 root _ _ S _ _ _ 1200 _7450 _0.0 _0.2 php-cgi
7621 root _ _ S _ _ _ 1188 _7454 _0.0 _0.2 php-cgi
7623 root _ _ S _ _ _ 1188 _7454 _0.0 _0.2 php-cgi
7622 root _ _ S _ _ _ 1188 _7454 _0.0 _0.2 php-cgi
7624 root _ _ S _ _ _ 1188 _7454 _0.0 _0.2 php-cgi
8368 root _ _ S _ _ _ _912 _ _ 1 _0.0 _0.1 hostapd
1922 root _ _ S _ _ _ _860 _ _ 1 _0.0 _0.1 haveged
6542 root _ _ S _ _ _ _856 _ _ 1 _0.0 _0.1 hostapd
7051 guest _ _S _ _ _ _812 _ _ 1 _0.0 _0.1 dnsmasq
8210 root _ _ S _ _ _ _708 _ _ 1 _0.0 _0.1 nmbd
6413 root _ _ S _ _ _ _696 _ _ 1 _0.0 _0.1 smbd
8426 root _ _ S _ _ _ _664 _ _ 1 _0.0 _0.1 avahi-daemon
32267 root _ _ S _ _ _ _636 _ _ 1 _0.0 _0.1 ozker
22482 root _ _ S _ _ _ _616 _ _ 1 _0.0 _0.1 aws-iot
32175 root _ _ S _ _ _ _584 _ _ 1 _0.0 _0.1 qdiscman
7536 root _ _ S _ _ _ _568 _ _ 1 _0.0 _0.1 addon_info_upda
7539 root _ _ S _ _ _ _568 _ _ 1 _0.0 _0.1 addon_info_upda
7537 root _ _ S _ _ _ _528 _ _ 1 _0.0 _0.1 addon_info_upda
4811 root _ _ S _ _ _ _520 _ _ 1 _0.0 _0.1 uhttpd
7541 root _ _ S _ _ _ _516 _ _ 1 _0.0 _0.1 addon_info_upda
8764 root _ _ S _ _ _ _516 _ _ 1 _0.0 _0.1 lbd
24862 root _ _ S _ _ _ _496 _ _ 1 _0.0 _0.1 kwilt-index
31740 root _ _ S _ _ _ _492 _ _ 1 _0.0 _0.1 sbmacouid
28316 root _ _ S _ _ _ _488 _4811 _0.0 _0.1 kamoj.cgi
1346 root _ _ S _ _ _ _468 _ _ 1 _0.0 _0.0 datalib
1614 root _ _ S _ _ _ _432 _ _ 1 _0.0 _0.0 hotplug2
15730 root _ _ S _ _ _ _428 _ _ 1 _0.0 _0.0 addons.sh
31810 root _ _ S _ _ _ _392 _ _ 1 _0.0 _0.0 dhcp-lease-filt
16178 root _ _ S _ _ _ _392 _ _ 1 _0.0 _0.0 console_log.sh
16177 root _ _ S _ _ _ _392 _ _ 1 _0.0 _0.0 basic_log.sh
7450 root _ _ S _ _ _ _380 _ _ 1 _0.0 _0.0 lighttpd
5735 root _ _ S _ _ _ _364 _ _ 1 _0.0 _0.0 netconn.sh
32184 root _ _ S _ _ _ _364 _ _ 1 _0.0 _0.0 flowmark
5646 root _ _ S _ _ _ _360 _ _ 1 _0.0 _0.0 syslogd
2644 root _ _ S _ _ _ _360 _ _ 1 _0.0 _0.0 udhcpd
17744 root _ _ S _ _ _ _360 _ _ 1 _0.0 _0.0 crond
17728 root _ _ S _ _ _ _360 _ _ 1 _0.0 _0.0 crond
17752 root _ _ S _ _ _ _360 _ _ 1 _0.0 _0.0 crond
13567 root _ _ S _ _ _ _360 _ _ 1 _0.0 _0.0 crond
1023 root _ _ S _ _ _ _356 _ _ 1 _0.0 _0.0 miniupnpd
6317 root _ _ S _ _ _ _348 _ _ 1 _0.0 _0.0 check_status.sh
9785 root _ _ S _ _ _ _348 _ _ 1 _0.0 _0.0 check_time_mach
31624 root _ _ S _ _ _ _340 _ _ 1 _0.0 _0.0 sbsaved
7091 root _ _ S _ _ _ _332 _7078 _0.0 _0.0 ld-uClibc.so.0
4369 root _ _ S _ _ _ _332 _ _ 1 _0.0 _0.0 net-scan
31779 root _ _ S _ _ _ _332 _ _ 1 _0.0 _0.0 jigglyp0f
17736 root _ _ S _ _ _ _332 _ _ 1 _0.0 _0.0 crond
5919 root _ _ S _ _ _ _328 _ _ 1 _0.0 _0.0 KC_PRINT
29758 root _ _ S _ _ _ _328 _ _ 1 _0.0 _0.0 ra_check
17720 root _ _ S _ _ _ _324 _ _ 1 _0.0 _0.0 crond
17712 root _ _ S _ _ _ _324 _ _ 1 _0.0 _0.0 crond
5706 root _ _ S _ _ _ _324 _ _ 1 _0.0 _0.0 crond
4799 root _ _ S _ _ _ _320 _ _ 1 _0.0 _0.0 xagent
5918 root _ _ S _ _ _ _316 _ _ 1 _0.0 _0.0 KC_BONJOUR
16179 root _ _ S _ _ _ _316 _ _ 1 _0.0 _0.0 wireless_log.sh
31670 root _ _ S _ _ _ _308 _ _ 1 _0.0 _0.0 nodedetectd
14990 root _ _ S _ _ _ _308 16177 _0.0 _0.0 sleep
22328 root _ _ S _ _ _ _308 _6317 _0.0 _0.0 sleep
24697 root _ _ S _ _ _ _308 _9785 _0.0 _0.0 sleep
28930 root _ _ S _ _ _ _308 16178 _0.0 _0.0 sleep
26192 root _ _ S _ _ _ _308 15730 _0.0 _0.0 sleep
28269 root _ _ S _ _ _ _308 _5735 _0.0 _0.0 sleep
11741 root _ _ S _ _ _ _308 16179 _0.0 _0.0 sleep
27698 root _ _ S _ _ _ _308 _7541 _0.0 _0.0 sleep
28279 root _ _ S _ _ _ _308 _7537 _0.0 _0.0 sleep
26609 root _ _ S _ _ _ _308 _7539 _0.0 _0.0 sleep
27430 root _ _ S _ _ _ _308 _7536 _0.0 _0.0 sleep
5816 root _ _ S _ _ _ _300 _ _ 1 _0.0 _0.0 traffic_meter
28634 root _ _ S _ _ _ _292 28365 _0.0 _0.0 usleep
32196 root _ _ S _ _ _ _284 _ _ 1 _0.0 _0.0 flowman
32201 root _ _ S _ _ _ _284 _ _ 1 _0.0 _0.0 cape
7078 root _ _ S _ _ _ _284 _ _ 1 _0.0 _0.0 ld-uClibc.so.0
31705 root _ _ S _ _ _ _280 _ _ 1 _0.0 _0.0 sbnamed
8371 root _ _ S _ _ _ _272 _ _ 1 _0.0 _0.0 hostapd_cli
1321 root _ _ S _ _ _ _264 _1318 _0.0 _0.0 logger
9806 root _ _ S _ _ _ _264 _ _ 1 _0.0 _0.0 icqm
6650 root _ _ S _ _ _ _260 _ _ 1 _0.0 _0.0 hostapd_cli
4808 root _ _ S _ _ _ _260 _ _ 1 _0.0 _0.0 uhttpd
5211 root _ _ S _ _ _ _256 _ _ 1 _0.0 _0.0 ntpclient
_ _1 root _ _ S _ _ _ _248 _ _ 0 _0.0 _0.0 init
1343 root _ _ S _ _ _ _236 _ _ 1 _0.0 _0.0 klogd
4828 root _ _ S _ _ _ _236 _ _ 1 _0.0 _0.0 acld
8283 root _ _ S _ _ _ _232 _ _ 1 _0.0 _0.0 dbus-daemon
4373 root _ _ S _ _ _ _228 _ _ 1 _0.0 _0.0 lld2d
4813 root _ _ S _ _ _ _224 _ _ 1 _0.0 _0.0 inetd
2011 root _ _ S _ _ _ _208 _ _ 1 _0.0 _0.0 detcable
5767 root _ _ S _ _ _ _200 _ _ 1 _0.0 _0.0 ntgrddns
1839 root _ _ S _ _ _ _192 _ _ 1 _0.0 _0.0 ubusd
18449 root _ _ S _ _ _ _180 _ _ 1 _0.0 _0.0 greendownload
1318 root _ _ S _ _ _ _176 _ _ 1 _0.0 _0.0 rcS
1378 root _ _ S _ _ _ _168 _ _ 1 _0.0 _0.0 watchdog
7620 root _ _ S _ _ _ _164 _ _ 1 _0.0 _0.0 utelnetd
1326 root _ _ S _ _ _ _164 _ _ 1 _0.0 _0.0 init
6435 root _ _ S _ _ _ _156 _ _ 1 _0.0 _0.0 dropbear
7370 root _ _ S _ _ _ _152 _ _ 1 _0.0 _0.0 klogd
4829 root _ _ S _ _ _ _144 _ _ 1 _0.0 _0.0 aclhijackdns
5734 root _ _ S _ _ _ _124 _ _ 1 _0.0 _0.0 potval
6275 root _ _ S _ _ _ _120 _ _ 1 _0.0 _0.0 telnetenable
28925 root _ _ S _ _ _ _112 _6590 _0.0 _0.0 sleep

Last edited:

View attachment 25391

That is hot. I have seen 79c on my R9000 one time. That was some time ago on older versions of Voxel firmware and the Kamoj add-on. I'm not sure what the deal was then. But running the latest versions, including AdGuard and Plex, I am seeing a normal temp of 64c and a high of 71c. AdGuard is about number 8 on my Top List (Plex is #1) and not taking a lot of resources. However, it doesn't have to do all the DNS work as I also run a Pi-Hole server.

BL

I did have one more instance of connection failure on 5.3b26 with restart DNSMasq off. Even though auto-reboot is enabled, a manual reboot was required to fix it. I'm not sure but it seems that auto reboot is not working on my router. The supervision log was not running and I didn't notice that - so not sure what happened. AdGuard reported timeouts but nothing else that I noticed.

Reading the release notes, it looks like some exciting changes are coming on 5.3b27 that relate to the above issues. So I don't know that posting the AdGuard log etc. would be helpful (I do have it available though). I will give 5.3b27 a try when its available for download and let you know how it goes.

Thanks,
BL

getting few problems per day when Adguard is activate. unable to surf for a while and getting high cpu with high temperature.
I used to have similar issues, but haven't experienced since the upgrade to v103.3 of AdGuardHome.
Also I don't know if every time the CPU usage / temperature would go up. Usually if I noticed DNS failures, then I quickly disabled and enabled AdGuardHome again.

Also think the issue happened only (but is has been some while, so don't remember for sure) when using AdGuardHome with its default settings, i.e. when using remote (Quad9 ?? ) upstream dns-servers.

I now use it with pointing AdGuardHome to 192.168.1.1 (i.e. doing the resolving via local dnsmasq instance) and thus not having the DoH/DoT encryptedDNS, but only adblocking.

During such issues, AdGuardHome log would usually show lines like these:
Code:
SafeBrowsing: failed: couldn't initialize HTTP client or transport, cause: couldn't do a POST request to 'https://dns-family.adguard.com:443/dns-query', cause: Get "https://dns-family.adguard.com:443/dns-query?dns=olEBAAABAAAAAAAACGlwdjRvbmx5BGFycGEAAAEAAQ": context deadline exceeded
2020/06/17 21:20:45 [info] SafeBrowsing: failed: couldn't initialize HTTP client or transport, cause: timeout exceeded: 17626 ms
2020/06/17 21:20:45 [info] SafeBrowsing: failed: couldn't initialize HTTP client or transport, cause: timeout exceeded: 17627 ms
2020/06/17 21:20:45 [info] SafeBrowsing: failed: couldn't initialize HTTP client or transport, cause: timeout exceeded: 17629 ms
2020/06/17 21:20:46 [info] SafeBrowsing: failed: couldn't initialize HTTP client or transport, cause: timeout exceeded: 11796 ms

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!