What's new

Kamoj Kamoj Add-on 5.1 Beta testing poll

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Do you want to beta test Kamoj add-on v5.1b1?

• No, I don't trust 3rd party software

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I don't use the Voxel firmware

• No, I don't like your add-on

• Total voters
New beta available!

Changes in kamoj-addon beta version 5.2b2-4
------------------------------------------------------
- Router Information: Removed dnscrypt1 support
- Settings: Output timestamp in the dmesg log: Removed
(Now always set at early boot)
- Settings: HDD Spin Down: Activate after re-install
- Settings: Router Information renamed to Router Internals
- DNS Privacy and Ad-Blocking: None/Stubby/DNSCrypt Proxy 2 radio buttons (Thx: @wurstbrot)
Fixed problem for some users with non-working radio buttons (@jrbmw a.o.)
- Settings: Set some functions on / off: (Thx: @wurstbrot)
Fixed problem for some users with non-working check-boxes (@Droidrat a.o.)
- Settings: Router Internals: Show boxes don't work (html-code displayed instead) (@Droidrat a.o.)
Fix implemented, but can not test it myself.
Check box issue not fixed; Show button issue not fixed.

However, the first time I tried to check Output WiFi devices info to syslog when loading Router Information page, the checked box persisted slightly longer before the check mark disappeared. When I tried a second time, the timing appeared to be the same as the prior build.

Last edited:
Thank you for your feedback!
Can you make the debug thing again, to make sure the request stays in the browser?
Check box issue not fixed; Show button issue not fixed.

However, the first time I tried to check Output WiFi devices info to syslog when loading Router Information page, the checked box persisted slightly longer before the check mark disappeared. When I tried a second time, the timing appeared to be the same as the prior build.

Thank you for your feedback!
Can you make the debug thing again, to make sure the request stays in the browser?

Hi Kamoj,

I ran the following code:

touch /var/logs/kamoj.log
#In the GUI check one of the boxes not working
cat /var/logs/kamoj.log
\rm /var/logs/kamoj.log
#Give me the log output​

And I tested Output WiFi devices info to syslog when loading Router Information page, Enable Telnet after boot and "Show" WiFi info, all in Settings. And I tried DNSCrypt Proxy v2 (DNS-over-HTTPS (DoH), DNSCrypt) in DNS Privacy/Ad Blocking

In all cases, file size of kamoj.log is "0". The GUI doesn't work for any of these.

FYI, the following check boxes DO work for me:
  • All in OpenVPN Client
  • All in Wireguard Client
  • All in OpenVPN Bypass
  • All of the providers in Dnscrypt 2 Ad-Blocking
  • In Settings, all in HDD Spindown, Cron Jobs, and DHCP DNS Options (however, the choices in Congestion Control do NOT work).

Last edited:
Also just installed the beta v5.2b2-4

Then I also enabled the OpenVPN Client. -> perhaps I didn't read the instructions good enough, but I didn't see much on the how to get the ovpn files onto the router. Expected that I could put them on my USB stick, and that it would read them from there. But that didn't work so I used ssh to copy them to /etc/openvpn/config/client

Next I viewed the Router information and noticed these messages:

OpenVPN Clients Available (1) ipvanish-NL-Amsterdam.ovpn
OpenVPN Client Name xxxx.ipvanish.com xxx.xx.xx.xxx:443
OpenVPN Client Status ERROR - Too many clients started (3) tun21: xxx.xx.xx.xxx
liteblue.gif

Wireguard Client Name : : endpoint:
Wireguard Client Status ERROR wg0: No wg0 xxx.xx.xx.xxx
liteblue.gif

DNSCrypt Proxy v2 DNSCrypt v2 is not running, but is enabled.

The Wireguard error disappeared when I disabled Wireguard. -> perhaps for a future version, keep Wireguard disabled by default / or disabled as long as it is not yet configured?
(This might also apply to the OpenVPN Client -> I think this was also enabled by default)

The DNSCrypt Proxy v2 error: I think I also already saw that one on v5.0 beta -> this message is wrong, because I don't have DNSCrypt V2 (or Stubby) enabled. Radiobutton on the DNS Privacy page is set to none

And I also don't have an explanation for the OpenVPN Client status (error too many clients started (3))

Thank you for the report!!!

I'm sorry for the lack of instructions. I've asked for help, but no answer.
But this is beta, don't expect too much;)
And anyhow, it doesn't seem to be normal to read instructions anyhow these days.;)

You can import openvpn/wireguard configurations from the USB as you did.
But remember to REMOVE the usb or the files on it before reboot, or all your settings in the add-on
regarding openvpn/wireguard will be erased at reboot. See FAQ.txt
Also you may end up with multiple openvpn clients if you don't follow these instructions.
You can scp etc the files as well of course.

Usually I expect that the less experienced users can figure out how to cut and paste the configuration into the add-on
text box for it, and enter the credentials.

I don't make any changes to if openvpn/stubby/dnscrypt/wireguard etc is enabled or not.
The add-on keep the settings you have (from Voxel or manual changes).
Maybe you did some of Voxels settings or run something manually before?

In the Settings: Services Status you can see which services are enabled or not.
(Some user reported that this function did not work for the R9000. I can not check, sorry)

Also just installed the beta v5.2b2-4

Then I also enabled the OpenVPN Client. -> perhaps I didn't read the instructions good enough, but I didn't see much on the how to get the ovpn files onto the router. Expected that I could put them on my USB stick, and that it would read them from there. But that didn't work so I used ssh to copy them to /etc/openvpn/config/client

Next I viewed the Router information and noticed these messages:

OpenVPN Clients Available (1) ipvanish-NL-Amsterdam.ovpn
OpenVPN Client Name xxxx.ipvanish.com xxx.xx.xx.xxx:443
OpenVPN Client Status ERROR - Too many clients started (3) tun21: xxx.xx.xx.xxx
liteblue.gif

Wireguard Client Name : : endpoint:
Wireguard Client Status ERROR wg0: No wg0 xxx.xx.xx.xxx
liteblue.gif

DNSCrypt Proxy v2 DNSCrypt v2 is not running, but is enabled.

The Wireguard error disappeared when I disabled Wireguard. -> perhaps for a future version, keep Wireguard disabled by default / or disabled as long as it is not yet configured?
(This might also apply to the OpenVPN Client -> I think this was also enabled by default)

The DNSCrypt Proxy v2 error: I think I also already saw that one on v5.0 beta -> this message is wrong, because I don't have DNSCrypt V2 (or Stubby) enabled. Radiobutton on the DNS Privacy page is set to none

And I also don't have an explanation for the OpenVPN Client status (error too many clients started (3))

New beta available!

Changes in kamoj-addon beta version 5.2b2-5
- Administration: Backup Settings: Added: Option to Reboot or not after Restore.
To enable: save the configuration file after:
nvram set kamoj_enable_reboot_option=1; nvram commit
- Settings: Router Internals: Added: Flash Info
- Settings: Router Internals: Changed code to avoid many "[Warning] skb_warn_bad_offload!!!"
- dnscrypt-proxy-2: Added: Set time to avoid CRITICAL/FATAL errors at boot. Example:
[2020-04-22 16:29:11] [CRITICAL] Unable to retrieve source [public-resolvers]: [Get "https://download.dnscrypt.info/resolvers-list/v2/public-resolvers.md": x509: certificate has expired or is not yet valid: current time 2020-04-22T16:29:11Z is before 2020-05-02T00:33:21Z]
[2020-04-22 16:29:11] [FATAL] Get "https://download.dnscrypt.info/resolvers-list/v2/public-resolvers.md": x509: certificate has expired or is not yet valid: current time 2020-04-22T16:29:11Z is before 2020-05-02T00:33:21Z

Changes in kamoj-addon beta version 5.2b2-5
- Settings: Router Internals: Changed code to avoid many "[Warning] skb_warn_bad_offload!!!"

Thnx this was indeed also something I first noticed with 5.2b2-4, more than half of my dmesg was those warnings (I can't recall seeing them with v5.0).
And indeed wiht 5.2b2-5 they are almost gone.

@kamoj, I installed 5.2b2-5, and it doesn't fix any of the "button, check box, 'Show'" issues that I have reported.

I saw that you advised someone that ONE user had reported this (presumably referring to me). That is incorrect. There are at least 2 reports, I believe. See also https://www.snbforums.com/threads/kamoj-add-on-5-1-beta-testing-poll.62315/page-7#post-577470

I can add one thing to my previous reports. At the bottom of the Router Information page, there is a check box for Auto Refresh. If I check the box, and press "ok", the page will indeed refresh after 10 seconds. However, once it refreshes, the box will display as unchecked, and the page will therefore not automatically refresh a second time. I'm not sure that this is the desired behavior.

Let me know how I can help to get all of this resolved.

Last edited:
I didn't write in the release note that I had tried to fix your problem, because I haven't.
(The user you refer to has reported it worked in 5.2b2-4:
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/kamoj-add-on-5-1-beta-testing-poll.62315/page-8#post-578177 )

I'm sorry but my knowledge is not good enough to solve your issue(s).
My code in the router does not get your checkbox settings from the GUI.
I still suspect it has to do with Netgear code does not like your password or other setting.

Still good to get your report!
This add-on will remain in beta state and hopefully @nsx or some other smart guy understand what is wrong! :)
@kamoj, I installed 5.2b2-5, and it doesn't fix any of the "button, check box, 'Show'" issues that I have reported.

I saw that you advised someone that ONE user had reported this (presumably referring to me). That is incorrect. There are at least 2 reports, I believe. See also https://www.snbforums.com/threads/kamoj-add-on-5-1-beta-testing-poll.62315/page-7#post-577470

I can add one thing to my previous reports. At the bottom of the Router Information page, there is a check box for Auto Refresh. If I check the box, and press "ok", the page will indeed refresh after 10 seconds. However, once it refreshes, the box will display as unchecked, and the page will therefore not automatically refresh a second time. I'm not sure that this is the desired behavior.

Let me know how I can help to get all of this resolved.

Last edited:
Thanks for latest release Kamoj .All my radio buttons still working ok.One thing I have noticed is
When using wireguard the internet led stays orange although connected to internet and running ok.

Ok, thank you for reporting!
That is a remainder from using OpenVPN Client. It indicates the OpenVPN connection is down.
If you never enable the OpenVPN Client the LED should stay "white"?!
Have to think about this, mixing OpenVPN and Wireguard.
Thanks for latest release Kamoj .All my radio buttons still working ok.One thing I have noticed is
When using wireguard the internet led stays orange although connected to internet and running ok.

I didn't write in the release note that I had tried to fix your problem, because I haven't.
(The user you refer to has reported it worked in 5.2b2-4:
https://www.snbforums.com/threads/kamoj-add-on-5-1-beta-testing-poll.62315/page-8#post-578177 )

I'm sorry but my knowledge is not good enough to solve your issue(s).
My code in the router does not get your checkbox settings from the GUI.
I still suspect it has to do with Netgear code does not like your password or other setting.

Still good to get your report!
This add-on will remain in beta state and hopefully @nsx or some other smart guy understand what is wrong! :)
Thank you for your response. I have attached a file which shows the output I receive when I press the "Show" button for Flash Info. This is the same as the output of the other Show buttons. It isn't much, but maybe it will be of some help.

Attachments

• Show_Button_Output.pdf
    43.4 KB · Views: 140
New beta available!

Changes in kamoj-addon beta version 5.2b2-2
- DNS Privacy/Ad-Blocking: Corrected automatic (cron) update to work again (@microchip )
Hello,

new user with R7800+Voxel+Kamojv5, would like to give a try with beta kamoj addon V5.2xxxx. How can i do ?

Hi,

first little feedback v5.2b2-5 : unable to show device list in OpenVpn bypass page : tried with chrome incognito and internet explorer.
Tried before setting up OpenVpn Client : is it the tip ?

Thank you for the report and trying different web browsers!!!

If you have very many devices or heavy router load the page might time out.
If so, try to check the box: Show Only Active Devices
Best luck to you!
PS
Currently it's only for the OpenVPN Client - not for the Wireguard client.
Hi,

first little feedback v5.2b2-5 : unable to show device list in OpenVpn bypass page : tried with chrome incognito and internet explorer.
Tried before setting up OpenVpn Client : is it the tip ?

Thank you for the report and trying different web browsers!!!

If you have very many devices or heavy router load the page might time out.
If so, try to check the box: Show Only Active Devices
Best luck to you!
PS
Currently it's only for the OpenVPN Client - not for the Wireguard client.
Hi,

thanks for reply but unfortunately still no device in list with or without checkbox "Show only Active Device" and waiting about 30min. Both on chrome incognito and internet explorer.
Do i have to downgrade to older version ? If yes, witch one ?

Still only you that has reported this issue.
I suggest you uninstall, reboot, install again, reboot.
If still not ok, use e.g. v5.2b2-3.
I'm not feeling well and can not help you more now.
Hi,

thanks for reply but unfortunately still no device in list with or without checkbox "Show only Active Device" and waiting about 30min. Both on chrome incognito and internet explorer.
Do i have to downgrade to older version ? If yes, witch one ?

Last edited:

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!