What's new

Kamoj Kamoj Add-on 5.1 Beta testing poll

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Do you want to beta test Kamoj add-on v5.1b1?

• No, I don't trust 3rd party software

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I don't use the Voxel firmware

• No, I don't like your add-on

• Total voters
Hello. Thanks project . Openvpn nordvpn tested work very good. VPN bypass very good. My sugestion please add komoj addon tor.

R9000

I really don't know how fast these hw-issues deteriorate. I'm just happy to find a way to extract the info.
I'm no HW expert - either.
All found errors have been corrected, but maybe you should keep an eye on it and see if it gets worn bad - because that's not good.
Hi Kamoj,

Thank you for your answer. I definitely will keep an eye on it. We will see, if I am able to recognize some impact on a router behavior.
Actually I did some investigation. The counter resets once I do "poweroff" (telnet + poweroff command) and does not reset once I do "reboot" (telnet + reboot command). Which is, lets say, a bit predictable behavior :)

Fanek

Last edited:
Changes in kamoj-addon beta version 5.3b18
---------------------------------------------------
- Router Information: Changed limit for "MTD Flash Usage" to become yellow to 88%. (@foo man)
- DNS Privacy/Ad-Blocking: Added shortcuts to Stubby, DNSCrypt-proxy 2 and Adguard Home. (@nsx)
- DNS Privacy/Ad-Blocking: Added shortcuts to all sites in "Dnscrypt 2 Ad-Blocking". (@nsx)
- DNS Privacy/Ad-Blocking: Color coding. (@nsx)
- DNS Privacy/Ad-Blocking: Added drop-list for cron job. (@nsx)
- DNS Privacy/Ad-Blocking: Added "DNS Leak Test / Privacy links".
- DNS Privacy/Ad-Blocking: Added "DNS Speed / Latency and Test Tools".
- DNS Privacy/Ad-Blocking: Added short-cut to cron help page.
- DNS Privacy/Ad-Blocking: Added "Dnsmasq: Restart at connection failure".
- DNS Privacy/Ad-Blocking: Added "net-lan: Restart when DNS restart fails"
- Settings: Added: "Reboot router if Internet is down."
- Settings: Cron jobs: Added short-cut to cron help page.
- Settings: Congestion Control: Set after reboot
- VPN and DNS: Supervision and restart changed. (@R. Gerrits)
- Some minor cosmetic changes.

Hi everyone, does anyone have a backup of 5.3b10 Filename: kamoj-addon_200614-203010-5.3b10_ipq806x.ipk that you can share to me via PM or otherwise please. Appreciate the help.

I've done the silliest of things, updated to newest Voxel FW and did not uninstall Kamoj firsthand and now I've lost USB mounting access - any thumbdrive plugged in unable to be detected. Tried uninstalling Kamoj package after FW update, package not found. I would think getting back the last Kamoj version I had installed and do a TFTP and uninstall could save the error?

hello,
just found a new issue at my r9000.

I turned off all led except power led.
But after some time (minutes or hours) 60ghz led turns on and stays on.

is there any way to fix that issue?

my 7800 is time to time restarting with version 5.3 b17. not sure if it is related to high temperature

Look in Router Information for temperatures!
If critical anything can be broken, so take care your router!
Also if using OpenVPN e.g. switch off Turbo mode.

my 7800 is time to time restarting with version 5.3 b17. not sure if it is related to high temperature

Look in Router Information for temperatures!
If critical anything can be broken, so take care your router!
Also if using OpenVPN e.g. switch off Turbo mode.
I have Uninstalled. 17 and installed. 18. Router looks physically fine. I'll let you know. Tnx

Inviato dal mio Mi 9T Pro utilizzando Tapatalk

Installed 18 temperature low ( the eggs are soft :) ) openvpn stable working. Thanks kamoj very good job !

Wysłane z mojego SM-G965F przy użyciu Tapatalka
No issue with 18 indeed. 17th was giving me temperature problems

Inviato dal mio Mi 9T Pro utilizzando Tapatalk

at b17 my internet connection could disconnect and auto reconnect without any issue, but now at b18 internet stops working after disconnect (provider forced 24h disconnect) and i need to reboot my r9000 :(

note: gui of r9000 shows 'connected' but all devices lost internet connection/cant use internet anymore till i reboot the r9000.

Update: after factory reset and reinstall everything runs smooth.

Last edited:
I test 48h no problem. Torrent traffic 140 GB openvpn. No restart. Problem config dlna. My smart tv view r9000 and no file. My ssd mount /mnt/sdh1/ and torrent file.

Wysłane z mojego SM-G965F przy użyciu Tapatalka

Hi, all. I'm trying to configure DNSCrypt to use our Cloudflare Gateway credentials. Simply, I just have to change the server to:

https://xxxxxxxxxx.cloudflare-gateway.com/dns-query (gateway ID redacted)

If I press "Get Current" under servers, I can see the current Cloudflare ones I've previously used. If I select and delete those, it says to type or paste my own servers here. When I do that and hit "save" it doesn't save it and just reverts to the plain old Cloudflare I previously had.

Any ideas how to implement this?

Dnscrypt2 removes not valid servers.
You shall only write the short one word name of the server.
PS
You can manually edit /etc/dnscrypt-proxy-2.toml
but that will not help if you declare invalid servers.
The invalid servers will still be in the configuration.

Hi, all. I'm trying to configure DNSCrypt to use our Cloudflare Gateway credentials. Simply, I just have to change the server to:

https://xxxxxxxxxx.cloudflare-gateway.com/dns-query (gateway ID redacted)

If I press "Get Current" under servers, I can see the current Cloudflare ones I've previously used. If I select and delete those, it says to type or paste my own servers here. When I do that and hit "save" it doesn't save it and just reverts to the plain old Cloudflare I previously had.

Any ideas how to implement this?

Reactions: KW.
Dnscrypt2 removes not valid servers.
You shall only write the short one word name of the server.
PS
You can manually edit /etc/dnscrypt-proxy-2.toml
but that will not help if you declare invalid servers.
The invalid servers will still be in the configuration.

So what is the best way to input that server so that DNSCrypt will use it? If I modify the file, you're saying it would consider it an invalid server...

This has nothing to do with the add-on, so please open another thread to get more help.
Also I recommend you to search dncscrypt2 forums on how to edit the .toml file.
So what is the best way to input that server so that DNSCrypt will use it? If I modify the file, you're saying it would consider it an invalid server...

Reactions: KW.
Just installed the latest version. Thank you allot! All the details you put inside the router. So much effort in making the addon userfriendly. Just one detail with updating the adblocking on dnscrypt. So nice. I want to encourage users to stop a moment and look at all the details in this add-on. From the GUI to the FAQ and read me. See how professional this add-on is and all the love that is in it. Im not implying anything, that anyone dont do this.

But for me it's one of the things that make me really appreciate it.

Its no less then a genius that is working with this and all with the addon is breathing an artists work that really is giving everything a thought and don't stop before his own perfection is there. If it was up to me I would say that this addon was perfect versions ago, but I am proven wrong all the time. I am sure this time too.

Thank you for the ride for me its like following one of the great painters, just on another platform.

Now to how good it works. If it was not because I think its fun, I could forget the router its stable as hell and got a reach that I thought was impossible for a consumer router at the price tag.

Thank Kamoj and Voxel!

Last edited:
Found 1 bug at b18: Wireguard doesn't automatically start anymore after Internet disconnect, Wireguard simply stays turned off until i manually start it.
Restart at connection failure is marked but doesn't seem to work?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!