What's new

Kamoj Kamoj Add-on 5.1 Beta testing poll

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Do you want to beta test Kamoj add-on v5.1b1?

• No, I don't trust 3rd party software

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I don't use the Voxel firmware

• No, I don't like your add-on

• Total voters
Thx for your support.
Getting tired of all non-consistence companies/providers/etc.
You are good man, really good, thank you.
Take care and stay safe!
I manually download the ARMv7, stopped AdGuardHome, extracted the tar.gz file to /tmp/AdGuardHome/ and enabled AdGuardHome again.

It turns out the old version was:
AdGuard Home, version v0.102.0, channel release, arch linux arm v6

But I'm now running:
AdGuard Home, version 0.103.2, channel release, arch linux arm v7

And sofar it seems to work normally.

Not 100% convinced about the stability of 0.103.2 ARMv7. Twice it seems that it crashed, but couldn't really access SSH to investigate. But setting DNS-filter to none and then back to AdGuardHome, did fix the issue of internet seemingly not working.

This morning I upgraded to latest Voxel, reinstalled Kamoj's addon, and again manually upgraded AdGuard.
I did see that now the latest version is 0.103.3. So perhaps the crashes where caused by something they fixed with this latest hotfix release.

I'll keep an eye on it.

Thank you for reporting these findings and continuous help in the forums! :)
I have fixed the new add-on (not released yet) and testing the new version now, without problems for 5 hours.

Clicking "Version: v0.102.0 Check for updates now" : AdGuard Home is up-to-date (So it does not detect the new version!)

I then updated to the new version, and:
"Version: 0.103.3" has no such "Check for updates now" button...

Not 100% convinced about the stability of 0.103.2 ARMv7. Twice it seems that it crashed, but couldn't really access SSH to investigate. But setting DNS-filter to none and then back to AdGuardHome, did fix the issue of internet seemingly not working.

This morning I upgraded to latest Voxel, reinstalled Kamoj's addon, and again manually upgraded AdGuard.
I did see that now the latest version is 0.103.3. So perhaps the crashes where caused by something they fixed with this latest hotfix release.

I'll keep an eye on it.

Changes in kamoj-addon beta version 5.3b19
---------------------------------------------------
- Added script to automatically generate SSH/RSA keys for ssh/dropbear,
and automatic restore of keys after e.g. firwmare update/factory reset.
Name of script is: ssh_keys_install.sh
To use it:
Insert a USB device in the router
Open a router telnet/command prompt and issue command: ssh_keys_install.sh
Then just follow the instructions
- AdGuard Home: Corrected several install bugs
- AdGuard Home: Fixed: Download Latest Version. Adapted add-on to support new site structure (@R. Gerrits)
(Clicking "Version: v0.102.0 Check for updates now" : AdGuard Home is up-to-date
"Version: 0.103.3" has no such "Check for updates now" button...)
- AdGuard Home: Use build for ARMv7 (@R. Gerrits)
- OpenVPN Client: Improved stop procedure, turning red light on immediately.
- OpenVPN Client: Updated AzireVPN with all new server configurations. All servers tested and working.
- Bandwidth Usage: Improved Device Name detection
- VPN Bypassing: Improved Device Name detection
- Router Information: Improved own external ip detection
- Router BASIC and ADVANCED page (top right): Click on "Router Firmware Version" number to go to download page.
- Router BASIC and ADVANCED page (top right): Click on "Kamoj Add-on" version number to go to download page.
- Router BASIC and ADVANCED page (top right): Show "Router Firmware Version" in red if update is available.
- Router BASIC and ADVANCED page (top right): Show "Kamoj Add-on" in red if update is available.
- Cleaned up and separated add-on log files
- Fixed: net-lan init script bug affecting e.g. ReadyCLOUD
- FAQ.txt updated

@kamoj, can you send me the latest version, I have been following this article but now I have purchased NordVPN so I want to use it. Thank you!

Welcome! :)
This thread is about beta-testing a new add-on.
To just use NordVPN the official add-on should be sufficient:

If you want to be a beta-5.3 tester, please PM me and tell me something about yourself and how
you can contribute to community with beta testing and development.

@kamoj, can you send me the latest version, I have been following this article but now I have purchased NordVPN so I want to use it. Thank you!

and with the SSH key reinstall enhancement this router has become complete for me kamoj thanks for your work.

Reactions: KW.
Tried to install the ssh addon, this is what i got

Found the following usable USB devices:
sda "Expansion+"
sdb "USB Flash Drive"
: error open volume

Creating and installing SSH keys in router and writing tar-backup to USB:/mnt/sda1
Do you want to create new ssh keys in the router? [y/n] y
Creating and installing SSH keys in router and writing tar-backup to USB:/mnt/sda1
Hit 'Enter' to start:

it ended there had to 'ctrl c' myself out of it
could there be a prompt for a selection where to leave the backup and a more verbose error msg. I couldn't tell which volume was causing the problem. Thanks for the work @kamoj

You actually have to press 'Enter' 2 times when you get the prompt "Hit 'Enter' to start: ".
I'll fix that and other things reported by @KW. in next release.

If you want to install to a specific USB device, just unmount the unwanted one,
or label the one you want as "optware".

Tried to install the ssh addon, this is what i got

Found the following usable USB devices:
sda "Expansion+"
sdb "USB Flash Drive"
: error open volume

Do you want to create new ssh keys in the router? [y/n] y
Hit 'Enter' to start:

it ended there had to 'ctrl c' myself out of it
could there be a prompt for a selection where to leave the backup and a more verbose error msg. I couldn't tell which volume was causing the problem. Thanks for the work @kamoj

Reactions: KW.
Changes in kamoj-addon beta version 5.3b20
- Added: Script for installing Entware. See FAQ.txt
- AdGuard Home: Start up improved
- Re-designed: Start supervision of Internet, OpenVPN, Wireguard, DNSCrypt2, Stubby, AdGuard, Dnsmasq, net-lan
- Settings: First step to get USB Info to work for R9000. (@nsx, @KW.)
- Settings: Added info for R9000 routers: console LOG (@nsx, @KW.)
- ssh_keys_install.sh: Corrections of reports from @KW. and @Gallo
- ssh_keys_install.sh: Possible to force installation to specified USB (@Gallo)
User can force USB to be used by setting the nvram variable kamoj_ssh_keys_usb_mounting
before running this program. (N.B. mounting place, not device) E.g.:
nvram set kamoj_ssh_keys_usb_mounting=sdc1
- General: Handle issues where devices are mounted "erroneously",
e.g. a USB device /dev/sda1 is mounted as /mnt/sdc1 (As caused by Plex a.o.)
- Minor fixes
- FAQ.txt updated

Hello,

On prior versions my telnet connection would be disabled if I updated DHCP DNS Options. The "enable telnet after reboot" now seems to keep telnet enabled when the connection resets on DHCP DNS option changes. Thank you!

Thank you for reporting. :)
(This was probably fixed by correcting the ugly net-lan bug. Fixed in 5.3b19. )
Hello,

On prior versions my telnet connection would be disabled if I updated DHCP DNS Options. The "enable telnet after reboot" now seems to keep telnet enabled when the connection resets on DHCP DNS option changes. Thank you!

Kamoj,

thanks for all your efforts, they are greatly appreciated! Versions 13-15 of your addin appeared to work will with my r7800 and PureVPN. However, for the last few versions I have had troubles with random falures once or twice a day. I've been trying a number of things, warm boot, cold boot, reset modem, one or both Killswitches disabled, different *.ovpn file but nothing appears to be consistent. However, after 10 min to 1 hour of various attempts I can get the VPN back online. Whatever it the cause the killswitchs seem to be implicated.

I updated to V79SF over this period and updated to K5.1b20 today. Attached are 3 log files. The first two are with all General Client settings checked, other than log. Cold restart is unplugging the unit for 10 sec while warm is manually starting the VPN from your menu after there is a working DHCP link. Both failed. However, the third try - a warm start with one killswitch disabled - worked. Perhaps these logs will provide some insight.

If there is anything else I can do to help please let me know. I was going to go back to an earlier version (b13-15) to see if that might provide some useful information, but I inadvertently deleted my copies and they are not available from your download site.

Cheers!

LSM

Attachments

• R7800-OVPN-ColdRestartFail-log_20200730.txt
    4.9 KB · Views: 134
  • R7800-OVPN-WarmRestartFail-log_20200730.txt
    4.8 KB · Views: 125
  • R7800-OVPN-WarmRestartGood-log_NoKillswitchForBypass-Unchecked_20200730.txt
    13.5 KB · Views: 88
You too, thank you for all invaluable feedback!!!
I uploaded b15 for you to try, and wait for your new feedback.
But alot has changed in infrastructure with Corona etc...
I'll happily look at your logs when I'm in a "better" condition than now.
Thank you again!
Kamoj,

thanks for all your efforts, they are greatly appreciated! Versions 13-15 of your addin appeared to work will with my r7800 and PureVPN. However, for the last few versions I have had troubles with random falures once or twice a day. I've been trying a number of things, warm boot, cold boot, reset modem, one or both Killswitches disabled, different *.ovpn file but nothing appears to be consistent. However, after 10 min to 1 hour of various attempts I can get the VPN back online. Whatever it the cause the killswitchs seem to be implicated.

I updated to V79SF over this period and updated to K5.1b20 today. Attached are 3 log files. The first two are with all General Client settings checked, other than log. Cold restart is unplugging the unit for 10 sec while warm is manually starting the VPN from your menu after there is a working DHCP link. Both failed. However, the third try - a warm start with one killswitch disabled - worked. Perhaps these logs will provide some insight.

If there is anything else I can do to help please let me know. I was going to go back to an earlier version (b13-15) to see if that might provide some useful information, but I inadvertently deleted my copies and they are not available from your download site.

Cheers!

LSM

Please send me your .ovpn file in PM!
PS
It's good "luck" for you the killswitch is working! ;-)
Kamoj,

Cheers!

LSM

Changes in kamoj-addon beta version 5.3b20
- Added: Script for installing Entware. See FAQ.txt
- AdGuard Home: Start up improved
- Re-designed: Start supervision of Internet, OpenVPN, Wireguard, DNSCrypt2, Stubby, AdGuard, Dnsmasq, net-lan
- Settings: First step to get USB Info to work for R9000. (@nsx, @KW.)
- Settings: Added info for R9000 routers: console LOG (@nsx, @KW.)
- ssh_keys_install.sh: Corrections of reports from @KW. and @Gallo
- ssh_keys_install.sh: Possible to force installation to specified USB (@Gallo)
User can force USB to be used by setting the nvram variable kamoj_ssh_keys_usb_mounting
before running this program. (N.B. mounting place, not device) E.g.:
nvram set kamoj_ssh_keys_usb_mounting=sdc1
- General: Handle issues where devices are mounted "erroneously",
e.g. a USB device /dev/sda1 is mounted as /mnt/sdc1 (As caused by Plex a.o.)
- Minor fixes
- FAQ.txt updated

Talk about service thank you @kamoj
Spectacular package you've put together, I can't begin to tell you the benefit your hard work has accomplished

I checked your logs and PureVPN configuration files.
They are made for OpenVPN running in Windows - not in a router.
Version of add-on has nothing to do with your problems.
It's pure PureVPN problemso_O

See PM for way forward!
Kamoj,

Cheers!

LSM

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!