What's new

Kamoj Kamoj Add-on Beta testing II

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

What is this option for
1630269593353.png

I don't see any difference using it. I've checked the connected devices page but I cannot see any difference. Devices that cannot be identified (with or without the option turned on) are only present with their MAC addresses and nothing else.

It would be good if you informed about where you only see MAC addresses!
If you don't see any difference, there is no need to use the function.

Look in the kamoj add-on pages: VPN Bypassing, System Information: WiFi info and Bandwidth Usage.
(Maybe more pages, but I don't remember at the moment. I can not change the Netgear pages generated by net-cgi.)

I have a Sipgate VOIP system that is being blocked by Adguard Home but cannot find the request in the query log.
Once Adguard is disabled then Sipgate can register.
Any help will be gladly appreciated

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2021-08-30 at 11.37.00.jpeg
    WhatsApp Image 2021-08-30 at 11.37.00.jpeg
    68.3 KB · Views: 79
Code:
2021-08-31 20:49:36; 279632.56; [WireGuard]; [rc.common 30669 Information: Show ping time and to see if DNS is working];
2021-08-31 20:49:36; 279632.83; [WireGuard]; [rc.common 30669 Information: PING a.root-servers.net (198.41.0.4): 56 data bytes 64 bytes from 198.41.0.4: icmp_seq=0 ttl=54 time=121.7 ms];
2021-08-31 20:49:36; 279633.09; [WireGuard]; [rc.common 30669 Information: Wireguard Client completed start sequence];
2021-08-31 20:49:36; 279633.13; [WireGuard]; [rc.common 30669
Just a quick question, when the wireguard client pings 'a.root-servers.net' it is pinging when the VPN tunnel has been established already?

Code:
2021-08-31 20:49:36; 279632.56; [WireGuard]; [rc.common 30669 Information: Show ping time and to see if DNS is working];
2021-08-31 20:49:36; 279632.83; [WireGuard]; [rc.common 30669 Information: PING a.root-servers.net (198.41.0.4): 56 data bytes 64 bytes from 198.41.0.4: icmp_seq=0 ttl=54 time=121.7 ms];
2021-08-31 20:49:36; 279633.09; [WireGuard]; [rc.common 30669 Information: Wireguard Client completed start sequence];
2021-08-31 20:49:36; 279633.13; [WireGuard]; [rc.common 30669
Just a quick question, when the wireguard client pings 'a.root-servers.net' it is pinging when the VPN tunnel has been established already?
Yes, that's true.

Yes, that's true.
Thank you! I was trying to figure out why sometimes, my ping in my VPN tunnel is 10ms higher, sometimes when I connect I would get around 120ms, then other times I connect I would get 130ms, not too sure why?? I did save the logs though just encase, I am still testing.

Thank you! I was trying to figure out why sometimes, my ping in my VPN tunnel is 10ms higher, sometimes when I connect I would get around 120ms, then other times I connect I would get 130ms, not too sure why?? I did save the logs though just encase, I am still testing.
I think it's normal to get 5-10ms difference on each connection on 120+ ms latency.

I wanted to check if it is possible to run WG client and OpenVPN client together? I know that for example on Merlin FW (Asus routers) it was possible to launch 2 different VPN client instances. Is that also possible with kamoj add-on? Obviously for different devices.

I think it's normal to get 5-10ms difference on each connection on 120+ ms latency.

I wanted to check if it is possible to run WG client and OpenVPN client together? I know that for example on Merlin FW (Asus routers) it was possible to launch 2 different VPN client instances. Is that also possible with kamoj add-on? Obviously for different devices.
No, the add-on does not support that.

Hello kamoj,

I have R7800 with NAND problem (with no longer save settings after reboot).
Finally I used nvram-utils with bootfix install - thank you very much for very good idea.
My question is how can I change the mode of work from "Router mode" to "AP mode" if I have already installed bootfix?
Is it possible to do it inside of any script?

Hello kamoj,

I have R7800 with NAND problem (with no longer save settings after reboot).
Finally I used nvram-utils with bootfix install - thank you very much for very good idea.
My question is how can I change the mode of work from "Router mode" to "AP mode" if I have already installed bootfix?
Is it possible to do it inside of any script?
Hello, This same with kmoj add-on is it possible instal it when boot-fix is installed?
If yes - could you expalin how?

Couple days ago, I woke up and experienced what @primitivo experienced awhile back. I had no internet at all. My PPPoE connection disconnected and reconnected, I can tell because the time connected was about an hour. WireGuard shows that it's still connected to Torguard (my VPN)? but I had no websites resolving. The thing that stood out and was different, since I never experienced this before, is just the night before I installed AdGuard, and was using DoH with OpenDNS, so what I did since I needed to get ready for work, is I just did a reboot on the R9000 router via the menu, and everything was perfect again, WireGuard auto connected, and DoH (OpenDNS) via AdGuard was running fine. The next day I tried out DoT via Quad9, internet connection going on 2 days no disconnections. What I may do, to test, is purposely just unplug and plug back in my VDSL (phone line) and see if I can replicate the issue. I am thinking its when PPPoE reconnects, wireguard with AdGuard stops working since it doesnt have the same IP (from the ISP) as before. The way my ISP works, is everytime you connect with PPPoE, you get a totally different IP address, it could be 43.XXX.XXX.XXX or 202.XXX.XXX.XXX or 101.XXX.XXX.XXX, its totally random, its not static like a cable internet provider.

Couple days ago, I woke up and experienced what @primitivo experienced awhile back. I had no internet at all. My PPPoE connection disconnected and reconnected, I can tell because the time connected was about an hour. WireGuard shows that it's still connected to Torguard (my VPN)? but I had no websites resolving. The thing that stood out and was different, since I never experienced this before, is just the night before I installed AdGuard, and was using DoH with OpenDNS, so what I did since I needed to get ready for work, is I just did a reboot on the R9000 router via the menu, and everything was perfect again, WireGuard auto connected, and DoH (OpenDNS) via AdGuard was running fine. The next day I tried out DoT via Quad9, internet connection going on 2 days no disconnections. What I may do, to test, is purposely just unplug and plug back in my VDSL (phone line) and see if I can replicate the issue. I am thinking its when PPPoE reconnects, wireguard with AdGuard stops working since it doesnt have the same IP (from the ISP) as before. The way my ISP works, is everytime you connect with PPPoE, you get a totally different IP address, it could be 43.XXX.XXX.XXX or 202.XXX.XXX.XXX or 101.XXX.XXX.XXX, its totally random, its not static like a cable internet provider.
I have PPPoE static IP, so that's not about changing IP. Also I had this issue before I started using Adguard, DoH and DoT (ControlD). So that's not it. Question is why kamoj plugin fails to recognize there is no internet? It should recognize it and start retrying the VPN connection. Also the "VPN Tunnel status" in kamoj addon is showing green all the time like if there was still internet connectivity but there isn't. When PPPoE is back with WAN internet, it is still "green" and no internet at all...

I have PPPoE static IP, so that's not about changing IP. Also I had this issue before I started using Adguard, DoH and DoT (ControlD). So that's not it. Question is why kamoj plugin fails to recognize there is no internet? It should recognize it and start retrying the VPN connection. Also the "VPN Tunnel status" in kamoj addon is showing green all the time like if there was still internet connectivity but there isn't. When PPPoE is back with WAN internet, it is still "green" and no internet at all...
AH okay!! I do remember when I was not using AdGuard (thanks for the recommendation by the way), that when I would disconnect WAN (lose connection) and my R9000 would reconnect, I would still have VPN wireguard access (internet is working), when I go home I can check what settings I have for the PPPoE when it loses connection. Yes you are right the VPN tunnel status in Kamoj addon will still be showing green, and it will seem like its connected but it is not, even if WAN did auto connect back. Again let me check my router settings for the PPPoE and get back to you later.

AH okay!! I do remember when I was not using AdGuard (thanks for the recommendation by the way), that when I would disconnect WAN (lose connection) and my R9000 would reconnect, I would still have VPN wireguard access (internet is working), when I go home I can check what settings I have for the PPPoE when it loses connection. Yes you are right the VPN tunnel status in Kamoj addon will still be showing green, and it will seem like its connected but it is not, even if WAN did auto connect back. Again let me check my router settings for the PPPoE and get back to you later.
Hmm,

I just lost (satellite) internet on my R9000 which is running WireGuard with the router bypassing the VPN. Obviously all devices (on the VPN and bypassing it) lost connection. The WireGuard status still showed green and the last item in the WG log was from 3 hours before. The supervisor did show failed lookups and failed pings. It appears that the VPN was restarted by the supervisor when the internet connection was reestablished. After that the WG log did show the restart.

jberry and primitivo, if I recall, you are using the R9000 as well(?). Is anyone not using an R9000 seeing this? Anyway, the shield VPN connection indicator continued to show green when the connection was down... but the restart worked.

All else has been working great for me. I will try to send logs when I can...

Best wishes,

BL

Thank you for the reports.

The reason is probably that the supervision in the router uses ping and the Netgear "detcable" to check connection.
Both of these successfully use brwan/ppp0 and not the tunnel (tun21/wg0).
The next add-on fixes this problem, but I have no time to release it now.

Last edited:

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!