What's new

Kamoj Kamoj Add-on Beta testing II

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

I have installed latest Voxel FW and decided to make a change this time before installing Adguard. I edited dnsmasq from Kamoj menu by adding port 5300, so that Adguard can listen on port 53. However now whenever I change upstream DNS, I need to reboot the router in order to see the changes implemented. Any reason or fix for that?
It looks like that after rebooting the router after installing Adguard - everything is fine now.

Hey all, and thanks to Kamoj for the great addition to Voxel's firmware!

I am really happy to have finally gotten Wireguard working on my R9000 with the Voxel/Kamoj solution. However I am having a frustrating problem:

The wireguard connection seems to sometimes die, although in the menu there is still a green tick next to both the Wireguard Client and VPN tunnel status, often unticking the Wireguard Client then ticking it back on will fix it, but logging into the R9000 each time is a bit annoying especially as sometimes it happens frequently.

Another issue, which I presume unrelated but may have some relevance, is that sometimes my R9000 just completely disconnects and disappears from my list of available networks. I am wondering if there is some settings I need to sort out.

In Wireguard settings I have ticked:
-Killswitch On
-No Killswitch for Bypass devices
-Restart at connection failure

and by default also ticked is Start delay at boot 0 seconds.

I'm on Voxel 1.0.4.54HF
Kamoj Add-on V5.4b35

Any thoughts? Thank you.

Hello,
I'm on r9000 and I've just installed the latest version of Voxel's firmware (R9000-V1.0.4.55HF) and latest version of kamoj add-on (5.4b35).
I've noticed a problem:
-VPN Bypassing: I can't move some devices from vpn-tunnel to no vpn tunnel and I can't understand why. There is not a pattern because some are in 2.4 ghz, other in 5 ghz, others connected by lan cable. Usually I can move pc from lists but not other devices (ex. Ata, Amazon fire stick etc..)
Hope it helps.
Thanks
Regards
I was able to move one device my ring doorbell security camera to the VPN by pass list, but I had to made it a static IP within the router settings, it was a 2 digit number for example it was 192.168.9.13 and VPN by passing was successful.

I am really happy to have finally gotten Wireguard working on my R9000 with the Voxel/Kamoj solution. However I am having a frustrating problem:

The wireguard connection seems to sometimes die, although in the menu there is still a green tick next to both the Wireguard Client and VPN tunnel status, often unticking the Wireguard Client then ticking it back on will fix it, but logging into the R9000 each time is a bit annoying especially as sometimes it happens frequently.

Another issue, which I presume unrelated but may have some relevance, is that sometimes my R9000 just completely disconnects and disappears from my list of available networks. I am wondering if there is some settings I need to sort out.

-Killswitch On

I'm on Voxel 1.0.4.54HF
Kamoj Add-on V5.4b35

Any thoughts? Thank you.
I have my Start Delay to 2 seconds, just so everything else can catch up and then WireGuard starts, not sure if this makes a difference or not. Also depending on your VPN provider they maybe unstable at times, or could even be your local ISP line alot of factors, but my WireGuard connection can be stable for a week or more connected. I do have KillSwitch not turned on.

-Killswitch On

I'm on Voxel 1.0.4.54HF
Kamoj Add-on V5.4b35

Any thoughts? Thank you.
Next release will have a much improved ability to detect and rectify VPN and VPN DNS issues.
The issue you describe is "well-known" and I've fixed it for next release.
(The issue is that the router itself still have contact, using both IP/URL addresses, but connected VPN clients does not.
You can logon to the router and see for yourself when you have this issue!)
Thank you for trying the add-on, and hope to hear from you again.
PS
Wireguard is a bit difficult, since it by design has virtually no logs at all.

@kamoj As the USB gets usually a bit longer to be "seen" upon booting the R9000, how does the addon handle VPN - Wireguard specifically connections if there are custom iptables rules in place? Does the add on make sure the VPN connection is UP only after USB is also UP to include firewall entries on Settings2 page? And why USB is required at all for these custom entries?

@kamoj As the USB gets usually a bit longer to be "seen" upon booting the R9000, how does the addon handle VPN - Wireguard specifically connections if there are custom iptables rules in place? Does the add on make sure the VPN connection is UP only after USB is also UP to include firewall entries on Settings2 page? And why USB is required at all for these custom entries?
A USB device in not needed.
But you lose the script(s) when updating the router FW, and may wear the flash-memory in the router.

The start script is run when the add-on is started (prio 99).
If you want it to run before e.g. Wireguard , just use the "Start delay at boot" function in the Wireguard add-on.

The firewall script is run every time any other rules are updated, so e.g. several times during startup.

You can see what happens at the start in the kamoj supervision log. I recommend you to read it now and then.

Best regards to you!

Thanks @kamoj - it was not clear, as the description states USB required. So when USB is present and those rules are saved onto USB, then I guess "start delay at boot" would be required, otherwise if the rules are written into internal memory then, as I understand, no such delay is required as they would be loaded immediately upon booting up.

Sorry but i don't understood where i can download the last version of Kamoj add-on (i have found an old version with success install but without wireguard that i search)

Sorry but i don't understood where i can download the last version of Kamoj add-on (i have found an old version with success install but without wireguard that i search)
You have to PM Kamoj directly, asking to be a best tester. :) This latest beta is not available yet to the general public.

Since Adguard Home is working very stable for me, has anyone tried to disable DHCP assignment on the router (R9000 in my case) and use DHCP settings of Adguard Home? Would this disable features on Kamoj's addon like "VPN Bypassing"?

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!