Dismiss Notice

Welcome To SNBForums

SNBForums is a community for anyone who wants to learn about or discuss the latest in wireless routers, network storage and the ins and outs of building and maintaining a small network.

If you'd like to post a question, simply register and have at it!

While you're at it, please check out SmallNetBuilder for product reviews and our famous Router Charts, Ranker and plenty more!

Featured Latest TP-Link Firmware Update Adds AV, New Alexa and IFTTT Skills

Discussion in 'General Wireless Discussion' started by Julio Urquidi, Jul 12, 2017.

1. Julio Urquidi

Julio Urquidi News Editor

tplink-archer-c5400.jpg
    HomeCare is a new security feature adding anti-virus and malware protection by TrendMicro. It detects network intrusions and quarantines infected devices, while enhancing parental controls and QoS operations.

HomeCare will get its updates from TrendMicro, so supported devices such as TP-Link’s Deco M5, Archer C5400, Archer C3150 and (soon) Archer C2300, can be kept up to date with minimal effort.

Also included in the firmware update are custom Amazon Alexa skills to add voice controls for the company’s supported routers, including guest network management, LED controls, bandwidth prioritization, and speed testing. Additional IFTTT triggers are also being added so that customers can create their own smart home recipes.

Be sure to visit the TP-Link website for more information about HomeCare,

2. gp-se

gp-se Occasional Visitor

I just installed the new firmware on my C3150. However I run it in Access Point Mode so I won't be using the new features.

3. Razor512

Razor512 Senior Member

It seems it is only for the C3150 V2 and not the V1, other than that, I wonder why they skipped the AD7200?

Beyond that, what is weird is that those features do not rely on anything unique in the V2 of those routers to function.

Last edited: Jul 21, 2017 at 6:15 PM