What's new

List of connected devices

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Bieniu

Occasional Visitor
I have recently changed the router from AC66U (Merlin 370.70) to AC86U (Merlin 384.6). I'm using Home Assistant with the asuswrt component which checks what devices are currently online. After changing the router, the component stopped working properly. On AC86U it reports that there are online devices on the network that are actually turned off (I have static IP sets for all devices in DHCP). Component is based on commands performed on the router shell:
Code:
cat /var/lib/misc/dnsmasq.leases
for dev in `nvram get wl_ifnames`; do wl -i $dev assoclist; done
ip neigh
arp -n
When I check manually, the new router returns devices turned off as online in response to these commands. Is this a matter of configuration or does the current AsusWrt-Merlin work like this? There is a command on the router that returns a real list of online devices?

I don't believe the wl assoclist command is valid for the AC86U which is based on a completely different codebase. Using the others methods is unreliable because they cannot detect with any accuracy when a device goes offline.

That's correct. The RT-AC86U uses a vastly different architecture, the "wl" command was used by older Broadcom generations.