What's new

Network Map - View List Button?

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

W3Wilkes

Regular Contributor
The list that results from pressing the View List button is in "All" mode. Is it possible to have "Interface" be the default display setting for the "View List" button?

No. Not stock or RMerlin firmware offers this.

Unless you're going to script this yourself (if it's even possible). But a click or two and you're there anyway, correct?

But a click or two and you're there anyway, correct?
Thanks and true, it's one click that I was wondering if could be avoided altogether by changing the default. Doesn't hurt to ask and now I know that there isn't an option to change the current default.

It should be an option though. To be able to customize whats being shown on the default page.

While I can agree it should be an option, it is so low on the things to do/fix list, that it doesn't even register for me today.

Let's get 3.0.0.6.xxx out first for all Asus routers, then we can think of cosmetic/convenience features, which is my take.

things to do/fix list

Let's get 3.0.0.6.xxx out first for all Asus routers
I didn't realize there was so much to do/fix on "the list" with the current Merlin firmware? I'm not sure that many of our devices will ever see 3.0.0.6, is there any announcement that indicates this will happen?

Not for RMerlin to fix. That is Asus' job.

The AC class routers are out/obsolete (effectively). As are many early AX class routers.

Not for RMerlin to fix. That is Asus' job.

The AC class routers are out/obsolete (effectively). As are many early AX class routers.

Wonder if the AX routers that now have a "Pro" model fall into the "early AX class"?

Also wonder what the "Oops" link is about since it seems to be an empty search?

The only 'Pro' model worth considering today is the RT-AX88U Pro. Every other one is only 'pro' in name.

See if this link works for you:

If it doesn't, blame 'Better Search' (top of every page).

All I'm searching for is 3.0.0.6 with RMerlin as the user.

I'm not sure that many of our devices will ever see 3.0.0.6, is there any announcement that indicates this will happen?
3.0.0.6 is primarily VLAN support for selected Asus routers.
Wonder if the AX routers that now have a "Pro" model fall into the "early AX class"?
Don't worry about "early AX class" stories, it's above all marketing.
Your RT-AX86U is a great router and there is no reason to change it.

3.0.0.6 is primarily VLAN support for selected Asus routers.

Don't worry about "early AX class" stories, it's above all marketing.
Your RT-AX86U is a great router and there is no reason to change it.
Thanks for the info Peter! My VDSL ISP requires a VLAN of 201 to connect to their network. When I couldn't set the VLAN in the PPPoE settings in my AX86U I found I could set the VLAN in the Centurylink provided modem/router and then put that modem/router in transparent bridge mode and set the AX86U WAN in PPPoE mode with my ISP credentials.

And I agree, the RT-AX86U is a great router. I have 2 locations I've put this router in, one is fiber to the home with the router connected to the ONT in Automatic IP mode and the other is as I described above.

The list that results from pressing the View List button is in "All" mode. Is it possible to have "Interface" be the default display setting for the "View List" button?
Well, to be frank, the whole process is a hit-or-miss proposition anyway for displaying what-all's connected. Getting the underlying code working correctly should be a higher priority.

I'd like to take this moment to seek knowledge. The web interface port status information indicates an ethernet port connection speed when the icon is moused-over. How does one accomplish that on a mobile device? Can't figure it out on my own.

My VDSL ISP requires a VLAN of 201 to connect to their network.
Check VID : LAN -> IPTV -> Select ISP Profile -> Manual Setting or Centurylink
1710420118951.png

1710418999118.png

Last edited: