What's new

lock a 2.4ghz channel on repeater mode.

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

fe1509

New Around Here
Hey everyone!

I wonder with someone can help me with this.

I have a n66u running merlin's 38_1 fw in repeater mode connect using a 5Ghz network to a ac66u, with same fw, working as router.

This ac66u provides a 5ghz network with ssid "abc5g" on channel 157 (40mhz) and a 2.4ghz network with ssid "abc" on channel 11 (20mhz)

the n66u is repeating the 5ghz network in the same 157 channel and same ssid since it's connect to it, working as a virtual interface, just like on dd-wrt.
and also providing the 2.4ghz network with the same ssid but on channel 6.

It's fine, but i wanted to be able to select what channel the 2.4ghz network will operate , also, i wanted to do a black list with mac filter, preventing some users to connect to it, something that can't be done through the webgui.
I need this because i have several others repeaters in the infrastructure and i want then to be connected correctly and also not to have channels overlapping.

i think that a jffs script might do the work, but really don't know how to do it, or even if it is possible.

thanks!

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!