What's new

Log specific IPTABLE rule (DROP)

• SNBForums Code of Conduct

SNBForums is a community for everyone, no matter what their level of experience.

Please be tolerant and patient of others, especially newcomers. We are all here to share and learn!

The rules are simple: Be patient, be nice, be helpful or be gone!

Maverickcdn

Hello everyone...

My googlefu has grown weak and I can't find the answer Im looking for :(

Running 380.69_2 on a RT-N66U. Have 'iptables -I FORWARD -s x.x.x.x -j DROP' saved in firewall-start and shows as a valid rule running iptables -L

Question is. Is there a way to log every time this IP sends a packet and is dropped WITHOUT enabling logging of all dropped packets?

Im pretty sure the rule is working as I havent seen the blocked IP on my server in awhile, but Id like to confirm they're still sending requests and they're being blocked without having to enable dropped packet logging, export logs to excel, sort data yadda yadda... would be much nicer to just log into the router and check the logs.

Thanks to everyones contributions to this site and to Merlin!

Hello everyone...

My googlefu has grown weak and I can't find the answer Im looking for :(

Running 380.69_2 on a RT-N66U. Have 'iptables -I FORWARD -s x.x.x.x -j DROP' saved in firewall-start and shows as a valid rule running iptables -L

Question is. Is there a way to log every time this IP sends a packet and is dropped WITHOUT enabling logging of all dropped packets?

Im pretty sure the rule is working as I havent seen the blocked IP on my server in awhile, but Id like to confirm they're still sending requests and they're being blocked without having to enable dropped packet logging, export logs to excel, sort data yadda yadda... would be much nicer to just log into the router and check the logs.

Thanks to everyones contributions to this site and to Merlin!
You can do all this with Skynet.

You can do all this with Skynet.
Thanks for the quick reply.... Ill have to wait till I upgrade to the 86U.... N66U runs IPSET4

iptables -I FORWARD -s x.x.x.x -j logdrop
Hmmm sometimes when things are just that simple Im really good at overlooking it... will give it whirl.

Cheers

Latest threads

Get an update of what's new every day delivered to your mailbox. Sign up here!